Discovery Gaming Community
Trial by forum? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Trial by forum? (/showthread.php?tid=124652)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Trial by forum? - Mímir - 01-13-2015

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=124646

Are you kidding me?

No names were mentioned, at all, and since the faction have chosen to close their feedback thread permanently (which really shouldn't be allowed if you are a serious official faction IMO) how the hell am I supposed to give them my feedback without telling them who it is for?

This place, I swear to god, is getting dumber by the minute.

RE: Trial by forum? - sindroms - 01-13-2015

* sindroms shrugs.

You weren't even interacting with the guy if he had a cloak. So if he cloaked, the interaction was over anyway, especially if it was an unlimited cloak.

So who cares.

RE: Trial by forum? - Black Widow - 01-13-2015

I think you need to chill out, the fact a reasonable explanation as to why the K'Hara disconnected from server after Cloaking should have been good enough for you to put the whole thing to bed. But instead you continued to make a big deal out of a non existent problem.

Trialling the K Hara faction by forum through the use of their cloaks, I know you are disgruntled but let it go. It only gets worse if you dont.

RE: Trial by forum? - Mímir - 01-13-2015

No I just said their cloak play sucks, and it does. It's the same every time.

When it gets pointed out, the faction goes "oh no, we never do that. must be indies", so I think it's very relevant to point out every time it happens.

Then some admin jumps in and talks about "trial by forum", and that bothers me because that's pure nonsense.

I'm not mad, I am just from a liberal culture where we talk about the things that troubles us, without taboos.

RE: Trial by forum? - Black Widow - 01-13-2015

Discovery is not a Democracy!! Its like Sparta an Autocracy

RE: Trial by forum? - Haste - 01-13-2015

Eh. It's a bit iffy. On one hand, things like this are posted in faction feedback threads all the time where they're certainly not treated as 'trial by forum'. On the other hand, considering we're talking about a Marduk here, you're "trialing" a specific faction (the K'Hara in this case).

Meh. I've been less than fond of cloaks for a while now.

RE: Trial by forum? - Doria - 01-13-2015

I have to agree with Mimir here. This cloak games are lame at best. Even more coming from an official faction.

RE: Trial by forum? - Mímir - 01-13-2015

Yeah, I think the faction would benefit from a little limitation on the cloaks.

Either way, I never meant to "trial by forum", and as I stated in my first post, I would have posted in the feedback thread if that hadn't been locked. Open the feedback already, and there wouldn't be much to discuss.

RE: Trial by forum? - Faith - 01-13-2015

Awww, this community is not allowed to discuss anything. Call it totalitarianism if you please, but it's how things work here. If faction\person decides he\she do not wish to hear your feedback then you're not allowed to wind it up on forum.

Tho it's better to create a Skype channel with most faction leaders to have such talks since forum won't be a place for it any time of the day.

RE: Trial by forum? - baivan - 01-13-2015

What is so special about khara so that no feedback is allowed?

@Mimir - the way i see it,a nomad attacked you,there was a short fight,the nomad ran away.
What is wrong with that?
Nomad acting as human is simply stupid.Nomads are nomads.

If his PC didnt died there is no way of knowing what would have followed.
What is wrong with a nomad attacking you several times in a system while he cloaks and de-cloaks all the time?
Is there a rule that says "once a fight begins,it must continue till ships start exploding" ?

Dont get me wrong,im just thinking out loud.