Discovery Gaming Community
To [HF] from XA-Pit.Viper - Heavily Encrypted - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To [HF] from XA-Pit.Viper - Heavily Encrypted (/showthread.php?tid=124723)

To [HF] from XA-Pit.Viper - Heavily Encrypted - |nfrared - 01-15-2015

[Image: 67d67077-8311-4bb4-931e-6cbd36319b48_zps547083bd.png]

Hey, you guys on the Ravager there getting this, picking this up? Ok, good, you'll wanna record it. My name is Jimmy Predsman, and I come as a Xeno Alliance representative and facility administrator.

I came for a run out here to see how y'all are doin'. I bought some things out here with me as samples and even went on a patrol with some of your operatives. It's good to see we are still in good standing with each other. One of the vessels on that patrol was notable by its type, but also by its size, which is why I have come seeking an agreement with your leadership. I have come to the conclusion that it must be possible for you to perform maintenence and repairs on large hulls, particularly on something as large as the Damocles. So maybe it is possible to come to some sort of deal.

I have a certain asset that has fallen into my possession, A Stork cargo dragger. That's right, those really big long ones with all the pods. She's badly damaged, and that's a real understatement.. We thought it was mostly superficial engine damage but have now noticed certain failings within the superstructure of the vessel and now fear that without proper maintenence the vessel may become compromised completely. We of course have nowhere large enough to service such a large vessel properly and have resorted to using repair ships to keep it barely pressurised. But I have surmised that perhaps you do. We estimate that 3000 units of Super Alloy, 1000 units of Ablative Plating, and 500 Hull Segments are required to perform the repairs if a suitable facility could be found.

So, true to my nature I have hatched a crazy plan. I know that word has gotten out in Liberty about this transport vessel going AWOL. But the ship still carries an Interhouse Class B licence which could in theory still be used to purchase the Super Alloy required from Scarborough Station from the Bretonians in the nearby Newcastle system, as long as word doesn't spread too fast. We can source the panels from our current construction site at Oyster Creek. Your patrol seemed to like it, anyways.

Of course, what could we offer for such a service? I can think of a few things. Use of the facilities at Oyster Creek for a start, which will give you a place to stay while in Liberty. I have already added all [HF] access codes to the class 3 installation and you are welcome to come any time you like. The patrol I joined should be able to find their way back.

And finally, I also noticed you are pretty interested in H-Fuel. If you were able to help me, imagine an ally that is suddenly capable of transporting you real commercial quantities of it. We regularly intercept shipments and funnel them to our scattered bases which are sometimes hard pressed for room but will soon be able to move and store much larger amounts.

I'll leave you with that, I trust this message will fall into the right hands and I will be contacted in due course.
Jimmy, out.

RE: To [HF] from XA-Pit.Viper - Heavily Encrypted - Charos - 01-15-2015

[Image: 0X1W9.png]

Ravager forwarded this to me and I thought it was more spam at first but then you said that you are here on behalf of the Xeno Alliance. Welcome to Vespucci my friend, I'm glad you contacted us.

As for your request, the Legion and the Xenos have been allies for a long time as you probably know, with ups and downs along the way but we still managed to remain allies so there is no reason why we shouldn't help you. Our shipyard has the necessary personel and equipment to get ships back to flying conditions in a short time frame as long as they are given the materials. Move the Stork to Vespucci and a patrol will handle guiding you to the shipyard and Chief Engineer Katherine Snow will handle the rest.

The things that you offer in exchange for this service are more than enough, a steady H-Fuel supply and a new staging point within Liberty are things that are certain to boost our operations. I'd like one thing from you Predsman, please notify your leaders that they should expect more from us in the old encrypted comms channel.

I hope this goes down well, Taylor out.

RE: To [HF] from XA-Pit.Viper - Heavily Encrypted - |nfrared - 01-18-2015

[Image: 11af281f-6e6d-4cc5-81e0-dbb7ca26cf17_zpsd7b5226f.png]

Grand Admiral Chloe Taylor,

We have just returned to the Creek with the materials required to repair the vessel. It seems my plan worked and we were not greeted with suspicion as I had feared. It seemed the Bretonians had their own problems at Scarborough Station and were more worried about repelling an unknown Naval force than thoroughly checking our vessel's registration. We may have been flagged here though, which will mean we cannot return once Liberty's intel reaches them. This will mean the likely cancellation of the Serpent's Interhouse trading license.

We did however acquire the necessary materials. The plan was to bring the vessel straight to your facility in Vespucci, however we are having trouble recalibrating the transponder of the Stork. Until we can code it to display our Serpentis frequencies we will be unable get clearance from the Ravager and would likely be mistaken as an enemy. I will keep you posted on our progress as we work to address this new issue.

I will also take this opportunity to inform you that we have recently completed an upgrade of our facilities, including a service arm with which we can efficiently unload our new transport, as well as facilitate repairs to some of your own craft if need be. We also have completed most of our production and living areas and are now working to secure the area further.

Datapacket - 1* 2* 3*

That's all I have for now. We'll hide the ship at Oyster Creek until our techs work something out.
Jimmy out.

RE: To [HF] from XA-Pit.Viper - Heavily Encrypted - Katherine Snow - 01-19-2015

CommID: Chief Engineer Snow
To: Jimmy Predsman
Subject: Repairs

Heyo Jimmy!

Can I call you like that? I am Katherine "The Silent Angel" Snow, current Chief Engineer of Engineering and Research Division and Fleet Admiral.

Well, I heard you've got some troubles with your new toy, CT-73 "Stork" Civilian Advanced Train. I guess I might be able to help you with re-calibration of your transponder, however I can't diagnostic damaged parts or so, at least not untill I see it myself.

Contact me back!
See you!

~Katherine Snow, Chief Engineer and Fleet Admiral of Hellfire Legion Taskforce Warhammer

RE: To [HF] from XA-Pit.Viper - Heavily Encrypted - |nfrared - 01-20-2015

[Image: 09a3da67-adea-45b8-885f-f3e02b4c8be2_zpsb2c2cba1.png]

Kathy? Katherine? Yeah, call me Jimmy, that's fine. I've recently been put in charge of the Alliance's field operations, so you may be hearing from me more frequently.

Yeah, we got trouble alright. No one here seems to be able to work out the encryption for the transponder, to the point where we may have to remove the bloody thing and start from scratch with it. My guys are ready to just rip the whole thing out, but it's wired to some other bits and will get messy if we tamper much further. I'm all for hearing your ideas around programming the Serpentis codes into the transponder unit before that happens if it means we avoid completely breaking it though.

If you can find time to come out to Oyster Creek, bring some diagnostic tools and such and give 'er a once over, I'd really appreciate that. Like I said, we don't wanna come rumbling through the jumphole in Vespucci and wind up on the wrong end of, well, any of those fancy guns you have really. Once we have this problem diagnosed we can move the ship out to your facility and begin the repairs.

If this is acceptable, make your way out here at your earliest convenience. I can arrange a guide if you don't already have the coordinates.

Jimmy, out.

RE: To [HF] from XA-Pit.Viper - Heavily Encrypted - Katherine Snow - 01-20-2015

Heyo again Jimmy!

Kathy here! I will see what I and my team can do with Serpentis recalibration and with local repairs of your toy. We will get there today and huh, we might arrive in 13 hours, might be 6pm of Texas central time.

Anyway can you send me at least list of damaged boards, components... Shortly all you know now.

Contact me back!
See you soon, Jimmy!

~Katherine Snow, Chief Engineer and Fleet Admiral of Hellfire Legion Taskforce Warhammer

RE: To [HF] from XA-Pit.Viper - Heavily Encrypted - |nfrared - 01-20-2015

Hi again Kathy!

One of our best techs managed to tap into the internal CCTV circuit and now have some pictures from the engineering bay. As you can see they are working hard to resolve the problems and seem to have things well under control.

[Image: cables_article_zps9ad1e686.jpg]

As for the state of the ship itself, well, she's got nothing really. Shields are completely gone with the graviton generator segment depressurised and plasma fire have destroyed most of the bay, so we can't get in there. All of the weapons have been damaged beyond repair due to corrosion or hostile fire. But we can live without those luxuries for now. As long as it can keep hauling pods around Liberty and getting critical supplies to our bases, I don't really care too much as long as it has these two things - that it is structurally sound along the superstructure and that the engines can handle the strain.

Basically, you're just gonna have to see it for yourself. I look forward to seeing your face. See you soon.
Jimmy, out.

RE: To [HF] from XA-Pit.Viper - Heavily Encrypted - Katherine Snow - 01-20-2015

Heya Jimmy!

Good to see your Techs are busy and... Skilled I guess. Wohaa, few bays not working, shield gone, weapons damaged, but I guess power generator and core are okayish... Well you know, I will have to check it myself.

See you soon, Jimmy!

RE: To [HF] from XA-Pit.Viper - Heavily Encrypted - |nfrared - 01-21-2015

[Image: 3725931f-0c18-4e3a-99b2-5cc9a753c572_zps9u8w6vfs.png]

Uhhh... Change of plans Kathy!

We had a secondary fleet patrol dangerously close to our installation today. We think it has been discovered. In order to get the damn flyboys away, we sent Randy, of our Freelancer pilots in his pirate transport the Randy.Rattlsnake through to Pennsylvania, but are now getting reports that debri from the ship was spotted about 10K from Milford. If anyone survived, they are now in custody.

Bastards...

Randy's sacrifice wasn't in vain though. With the Navy ships following him away, we got the Serpent away on opposite trajectory to the California system. The Red Serpent is now moored at the Freeport in Magellan, hopefully far enough away that the Navy won't discover its whereabouts. We hope you can meet us there so we can fix this blasted transponder and get her to safety. She's making some scary creaking and pinging sounds, and I don't like it.

Be advised that as of now Oyster Creek is on high alert with increased patrols. As we are down to a handful of transport ships now, we have got to get this thing operational, and fast.

Jimmy, out.