Discovery Gaming Community
Shield Recharge Upgrades - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Shield Recharge Upgrades (/showthread.php?tid=124958)

Pages: 1 2

Shield Recharge Upgrades - Titan* - 01-21-2015

Just like the Armour upgrades also that will make more sense to mount only to Battleships/Cruisers

When you mount Shield Capacity VIII (like CAU8) You can't mount CAU8 to your Battleship or cruiser, only Low tier armor (Heavy armor upgrade or Universal Armor Upgrades)

This will make pulse cannons more usable.If you lost your shields you will go down very easly

(01-21-2015, 03:06 PM)Snake Wrote: Nice idea, but if I remember you asked Treewyrm about it and he said it ain't possible to increase the Capacity of Shield (still not sure if this is true).

But I know something for sure that you can make "Shield Upgrades" that fasten the shield recharge rate, might also be an idea which could be implemented.

What you guys thinking?

RE: Shield Capacity Upgrades - sindroms - 01-21-2015

I'd like this, but only if they had some sort of drawback. That you cannot use them AND the top armor upgrade, for example.

RE: Shield Capacity Upgrades - Titan* - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 02:23 PM)sindroms Wrote: I'd like this, but only if they had some sort of drawback. That you cannot use them AND the top armor upgrade, for example.

Yes, That what I was trying to write there

RE: Shield Capacity Upgrades - Mímir - 01-21-2015

I say nay. It will benefit ships that are good for dodging the most, and they are already comparatively better than those unfit for dodging.

RE: Shield Capacity Upgrades - SnakeLancerHaven - 01-21-2015

Nice idea, but if I remember you asked Treewyrm about it and he said it ain't possible to increase the Capacity of Shield (still not sure if this is true).

But I know something for sure that you can make "Shield Upgrades" that fasten the shield recharge rate, might also be an idea which could be implemented.

RE: Shield Recharge Upgrades - sindroms - 01-21-2015

This can always be done by adding another class 10 shield, which takes up more cargo space and has the adjusted values. You do not need a specific modifyer.

RE: Shield Recharge Upgrades - SnakeLancerHaven - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 03:10 PM)sindroms Wrote: This can always be done by adding another class 10 shield, which takes up more cargo space and has the adjusted values. You do not need a specific modifyer.

Oh... So you mean instead of adding more shield to the already existing Shield we get Better Shields. Yeah wtf why didn't I think of that before 8|

Or wait... Do you mean "double" shields? Me confuse.

RE: Shield Recharge Upgrades - Bulldog. - 01-21-2015

Yes this would be cool. It might extend some fights but meh

RE: Shield Recharge Upgrades - SnakeLancerHaven - 01-21-2015

Like Spazzy said, you would have to choose between Shield and Armor Upgrade. So basicly when you buy a CAU8 you wont be able to buy a CSU8 (Capital Shield Upgrade), so you'd be left with CSU2 or CSU3 but when you just buy a HAU 4 instead you could mount a HSU 5 or 6 (Heavy Shield Upgrade)

So people would left to choose which Balance they want, more Hull or more Shield or something in Between.

RE: Shield Recharge Upgrades - Scotia - 01-21-2015

As far as I know, there is no way to add a multiplier to shields, since they are equipment.

The only implementation flaw i see in the stacking shields is that we would have to have a free class of (ie 1, 2, 3, 4....) or a free shield type (LF, Heavy, Freighter) to prevent double stacking your improved shield type, and i've never really verified how double shielding stacks out.

A potential fix to that is leave the shield mounts the same, and make improved shields in their class and level that eat cargo space. The downside would be that most likely, you'd just see people flying with both the improved cargo eating shield and max armor.