Discovery Gaming Community
Unforgivable sins? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Unforgivable sins? (/showthread.php?tid=125288)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Unforgivable sins? - Garrett Jax - 01-27-2015

Quite frequently, there are players that get banned for various rule violations. After an enforced time away, typically six months, these players are allowed to apply for reinstatement.

A question I had, are there any rule violations that should be deemed unforgivable? Normally, a player gets banned after repeated offenses, and shows an unwillingness to change. Some have been unbanned later and proved difficult, but others have proved to be productive members of the community. It is difficult to know how each player will conduct himself when given a second chance. My personal thought is, if a player blows a second chance, they are gone for good. However, that might be too harsh.

It is true many banned players circumvent their ban and continue playing, however they cannot play openly,(at least, to Admins) and once discovered, they have their accounts wiped.

Since we throw unbanned players back in with the community, I'm interested in your thoughts on this. Are there any unforgivable sins in this game? How many chances should a player receive before we say get lost for good?

Please do not mention names in this thread.

RE: Unforgivable sins? - Omi - 01-27-2015

DDOS.

RE: Unforgivable sins? - ulfsarkhuskarl - 01-27-2015

I would say people that have violated the following:

Using non-Discovery mods, as well as using modifications that improve stats of items and ships.
Changing account information and using any kinds of software that changes normal gameplay.
Using any equipment not included for sale/looting in Discovery mod.
Using equipment that exceeds ship specs.

Should remain banned forever without any second chances.

EDIT:
(01-27-2015, 05:39 PM)Omicega Wrote: DDOS.

RE: Unforgivable sins? - Lythrilux - 01-27-2015

Actions which impact a large majority of players and cause serverwide harm should be unforgivable.

RE: Unforgivable sins? - kikatsu - 01-27-2015

Unforgivable sins? Not sure, I mean there are lots of things that go on. I mean I guess if there is server wide disruptions that require rollbacks and resets, but even then as time goes on people usually forgive and forget. Maybe if bad behavior repeatedly and purposefully disrupts and or breaks the entire server? I dunno.

RE: Unforgivable sins? - Sciamach - 01-27-2015

A)Hacking

B)Cheating

C)DDOSing

D)Unhealthy fetish for base-siegeing

E) all of the above

RE: Unforgivable sins? - Chuba - 01-27-2015

everything above and some more

RE: Unforgivable sins? - Zayne Carrick - 01-27-2015

There shouldn't be any.
But since I've myself commited a fair amount of sins mentioned above, I'm surely biased.

RE: Unforgivable sins? - Vulkhard Muller - 01-27-2015

My top two are easily:

DDoS or Cooperation/Aiding those who perform DDoS

Cheating/hacking. Not so much cheating as in like Multi-Boxing ( because that is a heavily debatable topic) I am more on the If your modifying things such as Gun damage Range projectile speed refire rates. Things that can heavily influence game play. Also modding the game to remove Hitboxes on ships or using Aim bots.

RE: Unforgivable sins? - Tachyon - 01-27-2015

DDoS and cheating/hacking.