Discovery Gaming Community
Premium Scrap Drop Rate - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Premium Scrap Drop Rate (/showthread.php?tid=125392)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Premium Scrap Drop Rate - NonSequitor - 01-29-2015

Is there any chance of getting the premium scrap drop rate increased back to former levels? The selling price adjustments are reasonable, but the current drop rate is on the lackluster side.

Or is it just New London that got smacked by the nerf hammer? What are the current drop rates in other places?

RE: Premium Scrap Drop Rate - Lythrilux - 01-29-2015

Junker ID is now 3.0, same as ALG and DSE.
Imo Junker and ALG should have higher drop rates than DSE.

RE: Premium Scrap Drop Rate - Vulkhard Muller - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 07:48 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Junker ID is now 3.0, same as ALG and DSE.
Imo Junker and ALG should have higher drop rates than DSE.
I do agree here ALG and Junkers have been doing it inrp much longer and DSE never really specified in it.

RE: Premium Scrap Drop Rate - Highland Laddie - 01-29-2015

The New London fields seem like they've always been lower than the Texas ones, same way the Raw Hydrocarbon field in Manchester is lower than the one in Omega-3.

RE: Premium Scrap Drop Rate - Nerva - 01-29-2015

Before the updates I was filling my Salvager in New London in less than 3 minutes. Now it takes me ~6.5 minutes.
Guess the drop rate of that field was reduced.

RE: Premium Scrap Drop Rate - NonSequitor - 01-29-2015

I concur with Corundum. The it takes me at least twice as long to fill up my Salvager. Average yields per shot are noticebly smaller. I'm hoping that this is a temporary glitch.

RE: Premium Scrap Drop Rate - Jack_Henderson - 01-29-2015

Why should it mine much faster than any other ore?
Prices are like any other ore, route length is, you can solo-mine it in transports (Junkers and ALG)... so there is really no reason to give it higher drops/mining rates/density than normal mining.

RE: Premium Scrap Drop Rate - Highland Laddie - 01-29-2015

Well, there's also quite a bit of difference in travel times between New London and Texas into Gallia.

Obviously, the devs didn't want you guys making too quick and easy of cash as you might have hoped.

RE: Premium Scrap Drop Rate - Lythrilux - 01-29-2015

Premium Scrap was never overpowered. Just throwing that out there.

Secondly, Junkers and ALG should be more specialized at mining Scrap because they've been doing it for much longer. DSE already has access to a plethora of ores anyway. Junkers only hav e access to two which is Scrap and Premium Scrap. ALG has access to both types of Scrap and also Toxic Waste (however toxic waste is awful so lets not count it here).

Plus, he Profit/sec is less than what it used to be now. And as I said at the start of this post it wasn't even overpowered. In regards to solo-mining, I don't see what's so problematic about the Salvager aside from it's insane survivability and Karst wants the Golem to lose it's mining bonus anyway.

RE: Premium Scrap Drop Rate - NonSequitor - 01-29-2015

Premium scrap prices could still be reduced by 1000-2000 creds and it would still be reasonable. It's the anemic drop rate that's the kicker. Returning it to pre-patch rates wouldn't be detrimental.

If the current rate stays, no biggie. I'll just trade and smuggle full-time.