Discovery Gaming Community
Player Sanctioned: Renous - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Sanctioned: Renous (/showthread.php?tid=126242)

Pages: 1 2

Player Sanctioned: Renous - Garrett Jax - 02-16-2015

Renous has been sanctioned for:

Quote:Server Rule 6. Following actions are considered cheating on server:

Abusing Game Exploits

Consequences: All ships are permanently lost to you.

Admin Link

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Player Sanctioned: Renous - Tutashkhia - 02-23-2015

Hello Garret. Long time no see in this section... I gotta say I somehow missed this atmosphere.

So, Renous is my friend... To be honest, he's really bad at English so he asked me to talk here in name of him.

Could I get the evidence at first, please?

Edit: Just wouldn't refuse hearing all of this in details... what has he done.

RE: Player Sanctioned: Renous - Remnant - 02-23-2015

I'm sure he knows what he did. - If he'd like evidence, we ask that he asks for it himself. For an offense like this, i'm not the most inclined to give it to a middle-man.

RE: Player Sanctioned: Renous - Renous - 02-24-2015

I'm Renous and I need to see the evidence. I don't have forum akk and Tutashkhia will talk in name of me. I think it is no problem.

RE: Player Sanctioned: Renous - Tutashkhia - 02-25-2015

Looks like Renous still hasn't recieved the evidence.

Please?

RE: Player Sanctioned: Renous - Garrett Jax - 02-25-2015

I PM'd him the evidence yesterday. I will resubmit it when I get home.

RE: Player Sanctioned: Renous - Tutashkhia - 03-03-2015

Well. I've seen the evidence, and I've heard the explanation from the player too. He refuses doing anything of that kind, and blames to the system bug. Sadly, he can't prove this, or just tell me how he can prove he's not cheated?

Lemme ask you, what makes you sure it wasn't a bug?

RE: Player Sanctioned: Renous - Alley - 03-03-2015

Mostly the fact I've had to write a plugin just to keep an eye on him and confirm if it was cheating or not. When you stumble upon something that isn't supposed to work like that and instead of contacting devs/admins to ask what is going on you keep abusing that bug for weeks, don't expect free hugs.

I'm only giving you the explanation of what led to this, everything else is up to the admins.

RE: Player Sanctioned: Renous - Tutashkhia - 03-04-2015

Let's be honest. 90% of players would abuse that bug at first. Some of them would abuse it till they get caught, while some would contact devs/admins after some time. Who would refuse easy credits and short routes?

So. I assume he's not a cheater. He might have abused that bug, like most players would do the same, but he can't be called a cheater. Blame him abusing the bug, but you can't blame him cheating. Let's be honest guys, is such a severe punishment fair and needed in this case?

Also take one thing into account... he's not very aware of the forums too and is very bad at English too. I'd give him a chance. He's not a cheater, might be an abuser like 99% of us is.

RE: Player Sanctioned: Renous - Garrett Jax - 03-04-2015

I think your numbers are inflated, Tutashkhia. At least I hope so. Regardless, you get caught abusing a bug, you lose all ships. You get caught doing so again, you need to find a different game to play.