Discovery Gaming Community
Player Sanctioned: ChapkaMastodont - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Sanctioned: ChapkaMastodont (/showthread.php?tid=126409)

Player Sanctioned: ChapkaMastodont - Hawk - 02-19-2015

ChapkaMastodont has been sanctioned for:

Quote: 1.2 Disconnecting from the server in any situation involving player interaction is not allowed. If you lose server connection, you should get back in game as soon as possible to continue the interaction. If that is not possible, post a note here.

Consequences:
Here's how the rules work. Don't disconnect to get out of an interaction with another player. It doesn't really matter that he was shooting at you and asking you to pay 3 mil. That's what role play is all about. It's always cheaper to pay the fine. BTW, you won't be flying through Rheinland with a Liberty flagged transport anymore. At least you won't be welcome when you do.

Link to original report (Admin use only)

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

RE: Player Sanctioned: ChapkaMastodont - AndyH - 02-19-2015

Dear Administrator Hawk:

I am responding in Chapka's behalf as it is very unlikely he has been registered on the Forum, or knows how to check on these matters.

Chapka was one of a squadron worth of brand new players who had been giving Disco Freelancer a try, and that I have been coaching. He was brand new to the game, had never even played the vanilla Freelancer, and brand new to the roleplay style of gaming let alone how it is done here on disco. At the time of this violation his total experience was measured in only a few days of play.

His disconnection was not due to avoiding pirates, but due to having been fed up with continuous harassment by veterans, the unforgiving and harsh nature of other players at being unable to roleplay "right" and being unfamiliar with the titanic amount of game lore, and the feeling that one needs an attorney present and having to push paperwork just to play the game with friends. The disconnection was reaching the point of deciding the game was not worth his time.

While I do not condone the disconnect and do not argue with the sanction itself, it is understandable why it happened. I am concerned that should Chapka after several weeks cool off and decide to try this again, a significant punishment by the admins will turn him away permanently at once.

I would appreciate it if the consequences were reevaluated for appropriateness with these factors in mind. I also wish to thank the Admins for their invaluable assistance and patience above and beyond the call in helping some of my other new people with their technical difficulties as they got started. The direct and personal involvement by admins in solving problems has not gone unnoticed and is greatly appreciated among my more active rookies.

AndyH

RE: Player Sanctioned: ChapkaMastodont - Remnant - 02-20-2015

Hello there, thanks for taking the time to talk to us like you have. While you weren't involved in the sanction itself, i'm not very worried since you speak in a relevant tone about this sort of thing.

Regretfully, we're unable to exempt anyone from the rules. Newplayer or not, angry or otherwise, we cannot give any 'weaker' punishment as we'd give to someone else who did the same thing. We treat all players the same. What has happened to him right now, is a direct consequence to his idea to avoid an encounter. Even if that was not the case, it was taken that way by both the opposing party, as well as ourselves.

We're more than willing to talk to Chapka about it himself if he wants to see if he can work anything out. Although for the time being, we're not going to change what we've done so far. We try to be fair.

If you have any more questions or concerns, take it up through a Private Message, rather than posting on a sanction thread which isn't yours.

Thanks!