Discovery Gaming Community
Republic of Liberty District Court; Case# 822-C-S1-A1-163948-37990 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Republic of Liberty District Court; Case# 822-C-S1-A1-163948-37990 (/showthread.php?tid=126440)

Republic of Liberty District Court; Case# 822-C-S1-A1-163948-37990 - The Republic Of Liberty - 02-20-2015

Republic of Liberty District Court

[Image: 9ayozVs.png]

In the matter of

Republic of Liberty
v.
Junker's Congress

Case# 822-C-S1-A1-163948-37790

Baliff: All rise! The Republic of Liberty District Court is now in session. Chief Justice Reynold Stark presiding. Please be seated.

Chief Justice Stark: Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. We are now calling the case of the People of the Republic of Liberty versus The Junker's Congress. The Prosecution may begin its opening statement.

District Attorney Carter: Your Honor, The defendants have been charged with 2 violations of Liberty Law. Specifically Section One, Article One (possession of an illegal substance, Cardamine) and also Section One, Article Three (namely, assault on a member of the Libertonian Armed Forces.) These charges stem from a raid conducted on La Fortaleza Station in the Puerto Rico System by the Liberty Security Force (=LSF=). I would like to begin by briefly describing the legal status of this system. Puerto Rico is recognized by the House of Liberty as an Independent System. However, The Laws of Liberty are enforced throughout any system within the house of Liberty. The house of Liberty is legally defined as the systems of New York, California, Colorado, Texas, Virginia, Illinois, Ellesmere, Ontario, Alberta, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and any immediately connecting independent systems. Furthermore, because of previous infractions by the defendants the following condition was placed on the Junker's Congress.

Quote:You must adhere to a strict screening program whilst operating within territory controlled by the Republic of Liberty. This will entail checkpoints, spot inspections of your facilities, and other means of observation to be determined. Compliance with these directives will help assure us of your support of the Republic of Liberty in her mission to provide a free and just society; a society free from piracy, narcotics, and marauding hostiles.

The Liberty Security Force therefore was operating legally in performing a routine inspection in this system. During the raid LSF Agents discovered the defendants were storing a large quantity of Cardamine on their modular installation, La Fortaleza. Members of the Junker's Congress confronted the Agents on scene and demanded the retreat of Liberty Forces from the Puerto Rico System. =LSF= and [LN] Officers on scene declined to leave until the investigation was complete which resulted in the Junker's Congress members opening fire on Liberty Forces. Additionally, after this incident, the Junker Congress set the base defenses on La Fortaleza station to attack Liberty Lawful Forces causing the loss of Liberty Navy personnel. The evidence I intend to present will prove that the defendants are guilty as charged.

Chief Justice Stark: Thank you, District Attorney Carter. The defense may now begin its opening statement.

RE: Republic of Liberty District Court; Case# 822-C-S1-A1-163948-37990 - Junker Congress - 02-25-2015

Attorney Ignignokt: The defense would like to make the following as an opening statement.

The Junker's Congress has always sought, besides the well-being of Junker affairs, to provide direct support to the Nation of Liberty and its facilitators. Evidence of such exists today, with great installations such as the Doe Industries Space Port, and other fine projects with which the Congress has directly provided resources and manpower to ensure their fruition.

In the pursuit of similar outcomes, the Junker's Congress has sought to remain compliant, and further ensure compliance by others, within the legal laws of Liberty -- its primary goal in this respect being the continued efficacy and aiding the continued prosperity of the Nation of Liberty itself.

To these ends, the Junker Congress has made reparations and other forms of compensation throughout these proceedings, to ensure that any damages brought upon Liberty forces throughout this incident have not burdened said nation's resources or pocketbook.
The well-being of Liberty remains a primary goal of the defense party, and thusly they do not seek to undermine its continuity in any way.
Nor will the Junker's Congress argue the validity of the rights of Liberty forces to conduct necessary safety measures and other precautions to ensure the continued viability of its Nation.
The Congress seeks to in no way, deter the effectiveness of Liberty Security.

However, it is without any doubt that the exhibits provided by the defense will assert that this specific incident, and its collaborating 'evidence', in no way substantiates the accusations of illegal activities made upon the Junker's Congress. In regards to, specifically, the storage of Cardamine.

In regards to any damages brought upon Liberty Lawful vessels, the defense will provide condemnation that any corresponding actions or damages caused by said incident, were due to the nature in which the investigation was unprofessionally executed and the way in which evidence was then purposefully manipulated.
To this end it will also be emphasized that the improfessional mannerisms of said Investigative Officers, specifically the goading and taunting of local Junkers into committing defensive actions, were completely unnecessary of an esteemed organization that represents Liberty's Security -- and having also been exceedingly instigatory in nature, were therefore the direct catalyst of Junker Pilots acting within their obligation to ensure the safety of local civilians.
These actions that are unbecoming of a forthright investigation can be forthwith proven to be the impetus for behaviours that are otherwise not-before seen, nor are representative, of the ambitions and methods of the Junker's Congress.

Thusly, the defense party will seek not to hamper nor defy the ambitions of Liberty's Security, as these are not intentions nor aspirations of the Junker Congress'.
Rather, the defense party will seek to endorse and corroborate the Security of Liberty, by ensuring that both the compliance and enforcement of its laws are upheld within the highest of standards.

RE: Republic of Liberty District Court; Case# 822-C-S1-A1-163948-37990 - Junker Congress - 03-06-2015

Before the next statement is heard the doors to the courtroom swing open wide.
Marcus stands in the doorway engulfing the passage with his massive metallic frame.
His feet pound across the floor making a deep bass thud with every step he takes.
Making his way to the defendant's table he stops at the head where James and Ace sit he leans in as he says..

Sirs it appears we have a situation..
we need to leave IMMEDIATELY.

James nods his head affirmatively clearly not surprised by the appearance of the metal monster.
Ace does the same and both of the men stand up as they're facing the judge.
James speaks..

My apologies Chief Justice Stark and to the members of the court.
Seems that even though we are here now trying to defend our ourselves and our name.
It is now our homes that could be in danger and in need of defending.
Marcus show the judge and the court members Liberty's most recent message...

Marcus's eyes emit a radiant blue light that projects the communication messages between Mia and Boris.
Projected Message..
As you can see the Secretary of State for internal affairs isn't interested in our compromise.
An arrangement which allowed Liberty Police to enter Puerto Rico and dock on La Fortaleza.
They are not interested in seeing what transpires here during the trial.
They are only interested in granting groups that have insulted, lied and fired on Congress members into our homes.
LPI officers are docked in PR as we speak able to report on any and all deliveries there.
Even made sure we stocked up LF with coffee for those officers stopping by.
They have started the timer and as we are nearing the deadline I must leave these proceedings.
Also Ace our lead Attorney General will be leaving for obvious security reasons.
It is not our wish to delay these matters any further but we cannot risk our safety or our homes in Puerto Rico.
Should Liberty Government decide that LPI Officers are competent and capable of performing their duty?
We will return and present our case in the interest of completing the due process of the law.
So your honor.... once again our sincerest apologies.
Now if you'll excuse us please.

James and Ace begin walking towards the door with Marcus following close behind.
A Liberty Police bailiff for the court steps in front of the doors and says..

You three hold it right there.
Return to your seats and tell your metal friend to wait outside.
RIGHT NOW!

James glances back at Marcus and gives him the 'nod'.
Marcus moves in towards the guard a menacing growl is heard as he stares the man down.
James with an eerily calm voice responds..

[Image: judge-dredd-abc-warrior-1.jpg]
Officer I suggest you move aside before something bad happens.

RE: Republic of Liberty District Court; Case# 822-C-S1-A1-163948-37990 - Tinker and Transport - 03-07-2015

Phileas Tukker stood up from the seat at the side of the courtroom and moved over to the group of Junkers.

Officer, are you arresting these men ?
In a court room, without a warrant ?

Louder now, the trader turned round to the judge :

It may be a violation of court protocol to leave during a session, and might compromise the court proceeding unfavourably for the accused, but may I as a free Libertonian ask why the freedom of moovement of these people is about to be restricted ?

RE: Republic of Liberty District Court; Case# 822-C-S1-A1-163948-37990 - Jonas Valent - 03-07-2015

Chief Valent watches as the court bailiff trembles at the sight of the metallic beast and shakes his head in disgust.

"I suppose I need to go help him before he wets himself and tarnishes LPI's sterling reputation."

As he stands up he reaches down and unbuckles the holster on his sidearm and clicks off the safety. He then sees the civilian stand up and address the Arbiter.

" Hold up there civilian I will take care of this." Valent shouts as he walks over and puts himself directly between the bailiff and Marcus. "Arbiter Trenton, call off this monstrosity before I turn this bucket of bolts into a pile of scrap and get it out of this courtroom. Otherwise I will order a SWAT team in immediately to destroy it.

Now you fellas seem to be worried about your homeland. I understand that. However you don't just up and walk out on the Republic of Liberty District Court. That kind of behavior will not be tolerated and would be considered an affront to the dignity of this court. Also I trust that you weren't threatening this bailiff. I don't take kindly to threats against my officers.

If you walk out those doors I will immediately swear out a warrant for your arrests on the charges of Contempt of Court and Obstruction of Justice. Furthermore, A guilty verdict will automatically be rendered in this case resulting in the harshest penalties allowed by law.

Now, I am a reasonable man so if you walk back over to that table and sit down I will order a LPI fleet to guard the entrance of Puerto Rico for the duration of this trial. As LPI already has assets in the area we are in the best position to provide adequate protection to Puerto Rico. Your people will be quite safe under our protection.

The choice is yours Arbiter. Think well on your next move. The future of the Junker Congress in Liberty depends on it."

RE: Republic of Liberty District Court; Case# 822-C-S1-A1-163948-37990 - JunkerTown - 03-11-2015

A silence falls over the courtroom every eye fixated on James, Ace, Valent and of course Marcus.
The room is deafening quiet so much so that you could hear a pin drop, a silent calm before the storm.
James hears and sees every thing including the slight sound made as Marcus's metal plating covering his knuckles begins to open.
Underneath gun barrels start to emerge and he knows with one word the metal beast will rain down a hellacious carnage.
Seconds seem like an eternity as the air becomes so thick with the tension that it can almost be tasted.
Looking around the room James takes note of all the people in the room not just the Liberty Police officials but everyone.
Some friendly to the Junkers, some not but none guilty of any crime that would condemn them to death.
Still James is ready to risk it all and sacrifice everyone including himself if it will protect their home of Puerto Rico.
Ace recognizing the look on James's face slowly reaches into his coat and grasps the handle of his hidden sidearm.
He nods at the Arbiter showing that he has his back and will go down fighting right by his side.
James sees that Valent's weapon holster is unsnapped and as the seconds tick by his hand grips the handle ready to draw down.
He knows that the Chief means business and will undoubtedly stand his ground even if it means his own death.
Unsure if its because he is so devout in his duty or due to his overwhelming sense of pride.
Either way it doesn't matter since the results will assuredly remain the same.
Everyone anxiously awaits to see what will happen next.
James speaks..

Junkers.... STAND DOWN!
Ace releases his grip on his weapon just as Marcus's hand cannons retract back behind his knuckles.
James continues..

I will take you up on that promise Chief Valent.
As long as you've given me your personal assurance that nothing will happen to Puerto Rico while we are here.
We will return to our seats and Marcus will leave for the remainder of these proceedings.
Now where I come from a man's word is his bond and any deals or promises made are sealed with a handshake.
What do ya say Chief do we have a deal?
Do I have your word??

James extends his hand to Valent that is now gripping the holstered sidearm at his hip.

RE: Republic of Liberty District Court; Case# 822-C-S1-A1-163948-37990 - Miaou - 03-13-2015

Merlin sat in one of the seats off to the side of the courtroom. He was allowed to watch the trial due to his request to do so. He was nearly denied access to the courthouse due to his translator drone and the metal plating in this body. After being searched, which was done awkwardly by the court guard, they put him in a side room before clearing him. The guards looked up his record and saw the metal plating was medically needed. After a few shrugs and gestures the officers eventually let Merlin into the courtroom, though his translator drone wasn't allowed to. Merlin nodded in agreement to this. They had no clue what some metal robot could do, and to let it inside a courthouse would be pushing it as it is.

Due to his size, he couldn't quite see what was going on, but he could hear it. It seemed some outrage was going on regarding some silly solar system. He shook his head. It wasn't good to disrespect a courthouse, even Merlin knew that. He wondered what exactly was going on. The person next to him seemed interested in this new occurrence. He had been staring at Merlin the entire time before.

He overheard something about an officer keeping the peace and calming the situation down, so he felt safer. The officers were the only ones legally allowed to have a firearm in a courtroom. Anyone else having even a side arm would be outrageous. Merlin's nose flicked in excitement. He could feel this trial would be good. His hope was that the best outcome for Liberty, his beloved home, would be the sentence.

RE: Republic of Liberty District Court; Case# 822-C-S1-A1-163948-37990 - Tinker and Transport - 03-13-2015

Seeing that the situation was being handled by Chief Valent Phileas stepped back slowly, careful to make no sudden movements and keeping his hands away from his body.
Even if he was not carrying anything even remotely resembling a weapon he would not risk sparking violence here and now. A short respectfull nod towards the Chief and he backed away, returning to his seat with the group of interested visitors and spectators.

"Why did you shand up ? Damm you Junker lover." A voice behind him hissed. He did not turn to look.

"Because I can. Because this is Liberty. Would you not speak up ?
Then pray that the Gauls never reach here, that freedom you all want but do not want to see others have is far more endangered and fragile than you realise."

Sitting down he could hear the murmur ... the voice of the beast whispering in the crowd. Sighing he settled down to continue watching. Civilians duty and priviledge.