Discovery Gaming Community
Andrea Berkeley - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Andrea Berkeley (/showthread.php?tid=12647)

Pages: 1 2

Andrea Berkeley - pieguy259 - 10-01-2008

Name: Andrea Berkeley
Nationality: Libertonian
Home Planet: Denver
Current Ship: Liberator

Andrea had always been different from the other girls. When they were playing house, she was with the boys playing Cops and Robbers. And she was always the cop, and she always caught the robbers. It had always been her dream to join the LPI and keep Liberty safe from crime.

Of course, that was before she learned you had to have your own Liberator. And that Liberators were just north of a million credits. And this came, of course, after she'd made it to Manhattan and bought a Starflea.

Her first day trying to earn enough credits was not a particularly productive one. She got to see the inside of her escape pod more than once, and went through many a Starflier (fortunately, she was insured). Still, she hasn't given up hope yet, and expects to be wearing that uniform sooner rather than later.

Andrea Berkeley - pieguy259 - 10-02-2008

BEGIN LOG

Spent some time combing Fort Bush and Manhattan for LPI assignments. Found one, took out a Rogue and grabbed some classified documents he'd pinched, then took an LSF assignment too close to the sun for my liking.

Decided to unload the Rogue pilots I'd caught at Detroit, ran right into a Xeno attack. Managed to take one out and tractor him aboard, then unloaded him and the Rogues on Detroit.

Undocked in an awkward position and quickly found myself ejecting, and heading back to Detroit. Stupid Starflea. But, fingers crossed, I won't be flying it for much longer.

I'm heading back to the bar. Berkeley out.

That's what I'm going to say in all my logs. Cool, huh?

End Log

BEGIN LOG

I got the job! As of today, I'm officially an LPI officer! Plus I won the Manhattan Lottery, which gave me enough money to buy a Liberator and all the equipment I needed.

I think I might have been a bit overzealous on my first day on the job. I kinda shot down this guy in a Starflier... But he shot first.

Still... I'll try to avoid shooting down any more Starfliers, if I can.

incidentally, this uniform? Looks great on me.

Berkeley out!

End Log

BEGIN LOG

More eventful patrol today. LN officer was apparently infected, and fled to Alaska. I still need to tell the LSF, should get on to that. Got blown up by an Outcast dreadnought, and spotted a 522nd ship over Manhattan, but didn't engage. I'll leave that to the Navy.

No more Starflier kills, you'll be happy to know. Much more prudent about who I killed today: some Xenos near Detroit and the Colorado gate, a high-profile Rogue and one of his buddies near the Pittsburgh field and some Outcasts between Norfolk and the Texas gate.

Been meaning to get out of New York. Perhaps I'll patrol in Colorado or California tomorrow. Maybe Texas...

Berkeley out.

End Log

Andrea Berkeley - pieguy259 - 10-03-2008

BEGIN LOG

Ugh. If I never see California again, it'll be too soon. I was stuck there for hours yesterday after repeatedly being blown up in New York. Think I'll request a Colorado patrol today.

I'm just about to head out, actually, so... yeah, more later.

Berkeley out.

End Log

Andrea Berkeley - pieguy259 - 10-06-2008

BEGIN LOG

Grandad had a funny turn. Heard about it the other day. 'Course I had to race home to see what the trouble was. He's alright, don't worry, he was discharged right away with a "be careful".

Met this bounty hunter girl in the hospital. She seemed lonely, so I dropped in to say hi. Poor thing, leg in a cast and everything. Musta been injured on the job. She seemed to appreciate the visit, said nobody had come around. She's lost her memory, apparently, and the doctors told her she'd have to wait for it to come back on its own. That must royally suck.
...Actually, she's kinda familiar, now that I think about it. Hmmm...

I'll be back on duty soon enough. Berkeley out.

End Log

Andrea Berkeley - pieguy259 - 10-10-2008

BEGIN LOG

"Lucky to be alive". That's what the doctors said. Funny, I've never been "lucky to be alive" before. Didn't think I'd end up "lucky to be alive" when I was plummeting through Houston's atmosphere in my escape pod.

Herrera. I hate him so much. If I see him again, he's a dead man. Pause for laughter. Yeah, right. Like I'll be able to take out his Sabre in a goddamn Liberator. A Liberator! They're so USELESS! Three hits and I'm staring at the inside of an escape pod! They might as well be made of TISSUE PAPER for all the GOOD they do!

I joined the LPI to protect people. If that meant putting my life on the line, fine, but it's hard to see how I can protect people from... from a hospital bed! I go out there, I try my best to protect people from pirates and I always, always end up watching the pirates tractor in the flaming debris of my ship. The most I've ever done to enforce Liberty law was stop one smuggler from selling Rheinland diamonds on Manhattan! *voice breaks* I just... I wish there was something I could...

*sob* Great. Just... just great. Now I'm crying. Real heroic there, Andrea.

End Log

Andrea Berkeley - pieguy259 - 10-19-2008

BEGIN LOG

I choked. I totally choked. I'm such a miserable coward.

I couldn't go back to Texas. I just... I couldn't. Just the memory of that long fall through Houston's atmosphere...

So much for my first day back on active duty...

End Log

Andrea Berkeley - pieguy259 - 10-23-2008

BEGIN LOG

Lousy cheap Liberators. Auxiliary fuel tank exploded - EXPLODED, if you don't mind. Lucky I was near West Point at the time, or I'd be five kinds of dead.

I still haven't been back to Texas. Every time I get near that gate, my hands go all clammy and I have to stop myself from vomiting...

Oh, apparently I'm a Sergeant now. News to me.

Berkeley out.

End Log

Andrea Berkeley - pieguy259 - 10-25-2008

BEGIN LOG

I'm starting to wonder...

Today there was a huge battle. HUGE battle. A Rheinland gunboat somehow managed to penetrate Liberty space, land troops on Manhattan, send classified data on Liberty ships to Rheinland... the works. And here I am, an LPI flatfoot in my dinky little Liberator, feebly ordering him to leave while the Navy are fighting off Outcasts and God only knows who else halfway across the system.

I really got a feel for how powerless I was. Is THIS how to protect the people of Liberty? Yelling helplessly over the comms for somebody to "DO SOMETHING!"? Mopping up grunts while the Navy blows up gunboats? Apologising publicly to someone who I damn well knew was a smuggler but couldn't prove it?

I dunno. Maybe it's time for a change. I could apply for SWAT...

...or perhaps the Navy itself...

End Log