Discovery Gaming Community
Important information regarding 4.88.1 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Important information regarding 4.88.1 (/showthread.php?tid=126583)

Pages: 1 2 3

Important information regarding 4.88.1 - Alley - 02-23-2015

Greetings community,

A slight issue has showed up today when I started packing up things for 4.88.1. This issue is mostly due to cloudflare and how that matter was fixed to ensure nobody was kept out.

Long story short, making sure everyone is upgraded properly would be very complicated as we have users that have the game installed but suffer of various issues that have been adressed. The possibilities of things blowing up due to users using the new installer and users still using the old one with upgrading would make it extremely complicated to be efficent in any way.

This is why we will have to release 4.88.1 as a new installer. It will not be released through the patch system. Everyone will have to download the new installer and proceed with a new installation. Thankfully this is the only time we will have to do this, as it is due to extremely specific circumstances.

Please note that 4.88.1 is NOT released yet. We will let you know when it is.

RE: Important information regarding 4.88.1 - The Liberty Rogues - 02-23-2015

Call me silly, but you should add this warning to the MOTD on our server, just so non-forum people would know as well.

EDIT: Wrong account. Tell them to donate to the Rogues.

RE: Important information regarding 4.88.1 - HuggieSunrise - 02-23-2015

update log?

RE: Important information regarding 4.88.1 - spacedragon - 02-27-2015

(02-23-2015, 03:24 AM)Alley Wrote: Greetings community,

A slight issue has showed up today when I started packing up things for 4.88.1. This issue is mostly due to cloudflare ...
Never wanted or ordered this ... cloudflare thingy ...

Neither I do see any benefit for us in better possibilities for surveillance nor is there any benefit for me if NSA/CIA/GCHQ/MI6/STASI-BND/Mossad/HNA/(GE)STAPO etc. are able to login my ships. Although they can do so since the last update none of them ever helped us supplying our bases...

(02-23-2015, 03:24 AM)Alley Wrote: ...
This is why we will have to release 4.88.1 as a new installer. It will not be released through the patch system. Everyone will have to download the new installer and proceed with a new installation. Thankfully this is the only time we will have to do this, as it is due to extremely specific circumstances.

Yo really talk about "new installation"???
... and you talk about "the only time we will have to do this" AGAIN?

Looks like there are "extremely specific circumstances" with every update since 4.88.0. REMEMBER?

(11-18-2014, 09:29 AM)Alley Wrote:
(11-18-2014, 08:07 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Well....
as long as the updates will be automatically installing like it normally does then im happy....
because it would be a pain if we have to manually instal the new update ((
We'll ask everyone to do a fresh install if it's impossible for us to upgrade from the current ver to the final+new system. The changes might be too massive to support a crashless upgrade from the current version.
It would be the last time people would have to do a fresh install anyway as this kind of problem is solved with the patch manifests.

Is it REALLY NECESSARY to collect our data in a cloud if updating is more complicated then it ever has been before???

Maybe it is time NOW to return to good old DISCOVERY LAUNCHER and "normal" updates?

What do YOU THINK ABOUT Alley?
What do you think about community?

RE: Important information regarding 4.88.1 - sindroms - 02-27-2015

If you have problems with what we are doing here, feel free to leave.
There is only room for THAT many dragons here anyway.

RE: Important information regarding 4.88.1 - Corile - 02-27-2015

(02-27-2015, 09:12 PM)spacedragon Wrote: words

hello
we are in 2015
please go back to 2003
thanks

RE: Important information regarding 4.88.1 - HuggieSunrise - 02-27-2015

Jease what makes that kinda anger? rap music?

RE: Important information regarding 4.88.1 - Loki557 - 02-27-2015

NEW IS BAD

RE: Important information regarding 4.88.1 - spacedragon - 02-27-2015

(02-27-2015, 09:20 PM)sindroms Wrote: If you have problems with what we are doing here, feel free to leave.
There is only room for THAT many dragons here anyway.

Only asked for the community's (and specially Alley's) opinion about above stated facts.

Didn't ask if you like me and it still doesn't really interest me if you do or not.

If you want to write something ontopic, feel free to do so, even if you do not share my opinion!
If you can do nothing better than insulting me and telling me to leave, please stop trolling here!

@Protégé: Disco-Launcher worked well until last update (not 2003 but only one month ago) and updating disco was never that complicated before. I am not against innovations, i like them.
... if they work properly...

Reasonable statement anyone?

RE: Important information regarding 4.88.1 - Shizune - 02-27-2015

I do, its to late to turn back now, as this launcher is part of discovery and I don't think the dev's or admin's will be changing that any time soon. So all this "I'm upset with the launcher" really means diddly to us. And if you have a bone to pick with Ally, do it else where, I'm sure we all, and herself have better things to do then read useless hate mail.