Discovery Gaming Community
How to build a docking ring. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: How to build a docking ring. (/showthread.php?tid=126701)

How to build a docking ring. - Lythrilux - 02-25-2015

So, what sort of materials would people imagine go into building such a thing? I need an idea for some RP I want to do. I already know what sort of people could build it, I just need to know what goes into making one.

RE: How to build a docking ring. - Cashew - 02-25-2015

Some fancy electronics, metals, maybe some hull segments to withstand any damage.

RE: How to build a docking ring. - Vulkhard Muller - 02-26-2015

I would imagine Gate lane parts would be involved in some way, also Magnetic Field generators nano caps that kind of stuff maybe iridium

RE: How to build a docking ring. - Haste - 02-26-2015

Probably some patented Ageira™ technology.

RE: How to build a docking ring. - WesternPeregrine - 02-26-2015

And maybe some Premium Scrap too.

But mostly lane parts, some Gravity Field Stabilizers (if those are sold), High-Temperature Alloy, Magnets, and other materials made with the acquisition of at least two uncommon metals (aluminum, lanthanum, etc.)

RE: How to build a docking ring. - Haste - 02-26-2015

Fix the Leeds tradelanes while you're at it.

RE: How to build a docking ring. - Alestone - 02-26-2015

My list by going through the Wiki list of Commodities:

High Temperature Alloy
Critical Temperature Alloy
Optronics Arrays
Robotic Hardware
Polymers
Iridium
Nanocapacitors
Industiral Hardware
Industrial Materials

RE: How to build a docking ring. - pillow - 02-26-2015

(02-26-2015, 12:19 AM)Haste Wrote: Fix the Leeds tradelanes while you're at it.

yes
holy crap yes
this game would get a bazillion times better if the leeds lanes would get fixed
pls
!!

8|

RE: How to build a docking ring. - SpaceTime - 05-21-2015

Okay and here's the official (vanilla) answer brought to you by the vets™.

History of Sirius Wrote:120 A.S.
Valhalla Research introduces their newest technological wonder, incorporating recently discovered superstrong crystalline polymers and frictionless bearings; when connected to orbital docking rings, these materials can be used to create "elevators" that almost completely negate the cost of boosting men or materials out of a planetary gravity well. Exploration and industry are revolutionzed almost overnight, opening up the entire New York system for commercial exploitation. Valhalla licenses the technology to the other houses, reaping huge returns in the process.

For the record, modern day Valhalla Research is Ageira Technologies. This technology almost certainly came from the alien civilization which created the nomads.

In sharp contrast, Gallia's docking rings are different and use powerful magnets/magnetic fields instead. Though devs never provided further insight on how they work.

RE: How to build a docking ring. - jammi - 05-21-2015

Probably because they don't work. You'll probably want the majority of the goods to be superconductors based on SpaceTime's description up there.

And have you still got the 7Crows Liberty lore document? All the external PDF links have gone down so I'd love to back it up somewhere.