Discovery Gaming Community
Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds (/showthread.php?tid=126831)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Lythrilux - 03-03-2015

(03-03-2015, 05:43 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote:
(03-03-2015, 05:36 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: It probably would be best for a separate thread on the subject of Saltese to be made elsewhere.

oh look, official faction leaders using color in text to make text more official. Deposit tears here please

Also, I'm gonna keep hammering on it, but please please please can the name Humboldt remain as a system name

this colour is cool

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Sylvie557 - 03-03-2015

Will I get sanctioned for using Faction Leader blue on forums lol

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Teerin - 03-03-2015

Conspirator Notice: If you have a Player Owned Base within a system that will be removed in the next version/update of the mod, the Admins will most likely move it into the system the old one was merged into.

So if I had a base in Illinois (don't worry Valent, I don't) next to Springfield, then it would probably be moved to Colorado next to Springfield's new location in the next patch. Kinda simple. Thanks!

... why say "most likely" and "probably"? Well, no guarantees

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Omicron - 03-03-2015

After considerable time to think over the map, would not it be better solution to link Sigma 21 with Honshu rather than Oita?

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Sylvie557 - 03-03-2015

Honestly having Alaska one system away from a core Kusari system is a bit much, personally I don't know why it even needs to connect to Oita, I feel like the sigma connection to Alaska is good enough.

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - WesternPeregrine - 03-04-2015

(03-03-2015, 11:25 PM)Omicron Wrote: After considerable time to think over the map, would not it be better solution to link Sigma 21 with Honshu rather than Oita?

I would say with the proposed connection, a person could pass from the lower sigmas to the Taus avoiding Honshu and New Tokyo, and having little chances of KSP or KNF interception in Shikoku or Kyushu.

Not that it helps Kusari case, but there might be people interested in that. Plus it gives some role for Oita.

[sarcasm] Now 3 houses can contest the Sigmas with the GMG, hurray. [/sarcasm]

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - matster - 03-04-2015

(03-03-2015, 04:27 PM)Omicega Wrote: I have never, ever seen a Congress character pirating.

Not that I really care one way or another - or, at least, I won't when jumptrading finally gets annihilated - but really, Loki, I think that even 'not often' is a stretch.

You havent followed my gunboat into gallia or kusari then. However every time I log on these days I check to see if someone is attacking junkers wholsale somewhere. I cant go a pirating if I have to run back to PR constantly to fend off invaders.

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Echo 7-7 - 03-04-2015

7 pages of replies... experiment successful.

I will soon write a mega-post to reply to any of the valid concerns raised here.

(03-03-2015, 04:40 PM)Omicega Wrote: ...
Also, I assume from the title that this is solely related to the independent worlds changes, and that the Gallia system cuts that I've seen planned will still be coming/previewed in another update?

I'm so glad someone read the thread title.

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Charos - 03-04-2015

Junkers Congress Wrote:Not so. HF and Congress have a long history. When a plague overtook their fleet, it was Congress that flew in medical supplies. When nobody else would bring supplies to them, who was there? Congress. It wasn't until recently (when they became allied with Xenos) that any hostilities were directed at Junkers. Even so, we have never shown open hostilities to them due to their choice of allies. Moving the base to Puerto Rico would serve no purpose. If anything I would suggest it be moved to Texas and used as a scrap station in the southern most fields. This would give Liberty Government a new source of revenue (base fees) and further opportunity to role play with us. Our grievance doesn't stem from not being able to move the base, but being forced to rewrite the established (3 years worth of) rp. Having years worth of rp taken from a faction every single update is getting old. I do not see other factions having their ore fields depleted, and lets face it, there are quite a few out there that have been mined far more than ours. The only reason this is happening is because the Devs disagree with us building and maintaining a successful station. Our entrepreneurship and diplomacy seems to be a thorn in the side of the Dev team. So lets continue throwing RP out the window on this RP server.

As I was reading through this post, a tear slide down my eyes. A TEAR. SLIDE. DOWN. This is a heartwarming fantasy of every newbie Junker, shame it's not the reality.

I have been a member of the [HF] almost since I joined the server and the faction it self was limited to only the official faction (no indies lol) and diplomacy/lore was entirely up to us and I can assure you, we have been shooting Junkers for as long as I remember! So please, do not trick yourselves into believing otherwise and no, we don't plan our changing our stance towards Junkers any time soon without a GOOD reason.

As for moving Saltese into Vespucci, I advise you not to, a siege will be organized the very first hour (not week lol) and there will be more drama. You're better off moving it in Puerto Rico if you wish to keep yourselves sane.

PS: We are in love with Xenos for years now, not just recently lol

RE: Systems Update Feedback: Independent Worlds - Denelo - 03-04-2015

Hi.

Thanks, Loki. My mistake. I was thrown a derp and derped in my response to said derp, as, in fact, the fact that the derp was here was a derp in the first place. Derp.

On topic: My baby is finally becoming a real, grown up faction, with indies, a non-guard home system, and an actual functioning economy that doesn't require a million under-the-table deals with basically everyone. Plus, Guadalajara is getting a docking ring. You have no idea how happy that makes me. <3

You have no idea how much squeeing I would do if someone told me HF lore had evolved fully to where the Legion itself was just the military of a micro-state. We've been (ICly) mostly civilians and non-combat personnel basically since I got my grubby little hands on leadership (and, consequentially, more direct control over lore direction) way back in ye olde 4.81 or .82 or whenever it was. Now to see all these back doors open into what was for way too long a desolate and isolated fortress-system makes me so happy. I mean, you have no idea. Add to that actual incentives for real activity, and Vespucci becoming less restricted superfortress where outsiders got pewpewed and more a home people have been settled into for over two decades, and suddenly, it starts becoming a real IW system.

In fact, that kinda extends to the rest of this change too. It looks to me like it's mostly about making systems matter - culling the systems that were added apparently just for the sake of having them and using their assets to make the other systems real systems. I remember coming to Discovery and watching the explosion of new systems every version just to put up big numbers. Poking my head in to see it going the other way is pretty neat. That's my general take on it, anyways. I dunno enough about mod balance to comment on that part, just lore and roleplay and the stuff that's actually fun like that.
(sun)