Discovery Gaming Community
POB Update: Riots - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: POB Update: Riots (/showthread.php?tid=127614)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

POB Update: Riots - Alley - 03-23-2015

[Image: Ij6D1an.png]

As of last night, we have implemented riots on Player Owned Bases. The Civil Workers Union has reported employees were severely mistreated on several installations. It ranges from being oxygen deprieved, being denied water or pure starvation leading to death.

As of today, an agreement has been signed between the D.E.V.S, A.D.M.I.N.S and the C.W.U to extend the C.W.U.'s authority to Player Owned Bases. Crews are now allowed to go on strike and will cease all repairs and production until their conditions are met. In some rare cases, they might even damage the station.

The C.W.U demands that all POB crew are treated with respect by POB owners. They only ask to stop being denied Food, Oxygen and Water. Their demands will never be very difficult to fulfill, however if you try to outsmart them by regularly not meeting their demands and continuing to treat them like dirt, their demands will exponentially rise.

Tomorrow, another small update will be deployed which will notify users when they dock on a POB if the crew is currently on strike with an informative message about why.

RE: POB Update: Riots - Radion - 03-23-2015

[Image: 43eOIIL.gif]

Now that that is out of the way, I guess it makes sense inRP. No complaints here other than that this was obviously a plot by the SCRA and the protesters need to be killed for being engaged in communist activities.

RE: POB Update: Riots - Sciamach - 03-23-2015

So.... if I'm understanding this right, this is intended to punish those that let their bases start burning often?

am I reading this right?

RE: POB Update: Riots - Laps - 03-23-2015

I am going to die laughing if any of the people's revolutions across sirus lose a base do to negligence.

RE: POB Update: Riots - Remnant - 03-23-2015

[Image: memes_haha_riots_Memebase_53-s500x367-193349-580.jpg]

Oh, this isn't flood.

Keep FWO commodities high, keep employees happy! - Lets your base run nice and tidy without damage.

RE: POB Update: Riots - Stoner_Steve - 03-23-2015

(03-23-2015, 01:43 AM)Alley Wrote: The C.W.U demands that all POB crew are treated with respect by POB owners. They only ask to stop being denied Food, Oxygen and Water. Their demands will never be very difficult to fulfill, however if you try to outsmart them by regularly not meeting their demands and continuing to treat them like dirt, their demands will exponentially rise.

Does this mean the crew will demand more and more of a FOW stockpiled and in theory it is possible to reach the cargo limit of the station at which point the crew will kill themselves and the station?

RE: POB Update: Riots - Doria - 03-23-2015

If we leave some wiskey and/or synth mary on the base, will it help to make the workers happier??? Big Grin

RE: POB Update: Riots - nOmnomnOm - 03-23-2015

like... bases already die once FWO is down... what is the difference?

RE: POB Update: Riots - sindroms - 03-23-2015

Can said rioting personnel be killed off and replaced with a fresh batch?

RE: POB Update: Riots - Kosa - 03-23-2015

I don't get it. If there is no FOW present the crew dies off real quick.
Will the riot take place if there is no crew present? (is it bound to base or actual crew?)