Discovery Gaming Community
Few POBs Downgraded: List Inside - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Few POBs Downgraded: List Inside (/showthread.php?tid=127667)

Pages: 1 2

Few POBs Downgraded: List Inside - aerelm - 03-24-2015

Following bases has been sanctioned for:

Quote:6. Following actions are considered cheating on server:

Abusing Game Exploits

Consequences:

Dear owners of

- Malioboro Station
- Saitama Trade & Research Hub
- Solaris Production Facility
- Zoner Guard-74
- New Harris
- Turtle
- spore

You found an exploit, but instead of reporting it like any decent player would, you decided to abuse it. Thank to one particular individual among you failing to resist the urge to start bragging about how effortless that particular exploit had made his base supply runs, the exploit was found and fixed (which as apparent by the instant adjustments in your supply policies I'm sure you've already noticed), and as a result your POB names were brought up to our desk.

We spent a good while discussing which hammer to hit you with, and our options ranged from the mighty hammer of base deletion, to the notorious banhammer, but in the end we decided to leave it up to you whether to give up on your bases (which some of you impressively enough have been supplying only through said exploit for over half a year now) or make up for your recent lack of effort by having to start over. That means your bases, as well as anything you may have stored on them are still there, but they've been stripped down to a bare module-less core one base.

Happy supplying.

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Few POBs Downgraded: List Inside - Manny Calavera - 03-25-2015

When Saitama was built, I was discussing it with the members while building it. My original plan was to put oxygen food and water in it, I was then told that it would be better to just put alot of crew and let them die off and to keep restocking the crew. The member that told me to do so is hardly active anymore, but at the time was one of our most active members.
I was not told this was a bug, or any sort of exploit, so we continued to do so. I thought this was acceptable, I obviously was wrong and misinformed. I tell you now that if I was aware that this was an exploit I would gladly put Food Water and Oxygen instead of risking being sanctioned. I apologize that this has happened, and I meant no harm. I would like to discuss this further on Skype or something. Once again I apologize.

RE: Few POBs Downgraded: List Inside - Zen_Mechanics - 03-25-2015

I am utterly shocked to see that I'm accused of exploting or using a "bug", I first noticed it when you yourself lowered the costs for building factories and so on in that long overdued discussion of how to ease off pressure from building bases as opposed to killing them off.
The minimum requirement of core 1 is 200, core 2 400, core 3 600, core 8 800 to have steady repairs, And it has no link to how much food or water the crew get. I investigated this issue alot and realized that FOW was never connected to the crew AND the repairs. The FOW was there to keep the crews alive and had no impact on the station repairs. I might as well put a billion crews in there or 901, it will still repair the station - regardless of food or water or oxygen. so my motivation was not to exploit or avoid of doing fow supplies. It's only a concidience if you like, so I am perfectly okay with killing my crew and not giving them food to sustain themselves - but i am not a cheater or a hacker. If you wish to sanction me for killing crews then I submit yes I'm guilty - but I've got nothing to do with this sanction thread and I aplogize if i made the wrong impression of things. Please do appericiate my honesty and try to help me go through this.

RE: Few POBs Downgraded: List Inside - Knjaz - 03-25-2015

Oh, an exploit? That feature was there since the very, very beginning. At least according to original owner of the Solaris, who told me about it, it was there with the full knowing of the DevTeam or it's members that were responsible for programming base decaying system. It's really a no-brainer to realize that such an "exploit" would exist for the one who programmed the whole thing.

And obviously, for a base that didn't build a single module in 1.5+ years, in a system where it was impossible to put a base into hibernation mode, I'd use that feature.

It's fine though, saved me alot of trouble, too bad the recent deal about Solaris might seeing some actual RP life were killed, but that's not my problem anymore.

No need to hammer me, since you can't - that was the last thing forcing me to cling on to this place, after all my friends left, for whole 2 years or so. I'll give away my accs shortly. Or you can, ofc, delete em. I'll make a request to remove my forum account soon, anyway.

(03-24-2015, 12:51 PM)aerelm Wrote: Happy supplying.

Nope, I'm outta this place. This guy couldn't do it, but you did!
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=122654&pid=1600760#pid1600760
I'M FREEEEEEEEEE. Cool

RE: Few POBs Downgraded: List Inside - Zen_Mechanics - 03-26-2015

Are we being ignored?

RE: Few POBs Downgraded: List Inside - Garrett Jax - 03-26-2015

The proper course of action to take when stumbling across a...feature, is to report it to the devs/admins so they can take care of it. None of the POB owners listed above chose to do that, therefore your bases were dropped to Core One and left at the mercy of the community. Heaven help you.

One person with integrity came forward and told us about it, rather than using this exploit himself. We were going to simply delete the POB's, as per our standard operating procedure, however we felt dropping them down to the Stone Age was a bit more appropriate.

We don't care how long the exploit has existed. We don't care how you stumbled across it. We don't care if your base was destroyed as a result of this sanction. Next time, if you choose to continue playing, I would suggest reporting these...features, instead of exploiting them for your advantage.

The thing is you still haven't brougth them back - they aren't there...

RE: Few POBs Downgraded: List Inside - Garrett Jax - 03-26-2015

Did someone promise you we would? If your base got destroyed as a result of being dropped to Core One, that's on you. None of them will be brought back.

You haven't brought them back in the first place so no i'm not complaining about any destruction , zoner-guard 74 to be precise.

RE: Few POBs Downgraded: List Inside - Zen_Mechanics - 03-28-2015

Two days, Can someone do something.