Discovery Gaming Community
Latest player request changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Latest player request changes (/showthread.php?tid=127700)

Latest player request changes - Tunicle - 03-25-2015

Recently processed requests now implemented
- Players Online list on forum refresh rate lengthened (courtesy of Alley)

Agreed, pending implementation (subject to coding limitations)
- InRP PoB cargo hidden
- Official and Indie Core ID
- Official IMG ID

There are other requests under discussion and other decisions have appeared elsewhere such as SRP's sanctions and genereal discussion threads, for example the ID discussion.

RE: Latest player request changes - Kauket - 03-26-2015

Wouldnt the refresh rate lengthened make reporting for re-engagement on other chars, as they engage before the departing/new player sign showed up/multiboxing traders/etc harder? Or how would you tell your backup logged. Or is it a short delay?

RE: Latest player request changes - Wildkins - 03-26-2015

Quite a fan that these changes are being publicly announced. Transparency is king! Big Grin

RE: Latest player request changes - nOmnomnOm - 03-26-2015

(03-26-2015, 09:05 AM)Nyx Wrote: Wouldnt the refresh rate lengthened make reporting for re-engagement on other chars, as they engage before the departing/new player sign showed up/multiboxing traders/etc harder? Or how would you tell your backup logged. Or is it a short delay?

The first part is not an issue since you cant use that type of info in a sanction report. The 2nd part of you post is very valid.
What I want to know is what drove the admins to make the decision and do they understand the consequences.

It will be for instance more annoying to get a group of guys together if you don't know they logged.
It will be more annoying to get convoys together to make runs and keep track of everyone in the convoy.

The only thing i see as a positive is pirates having MORE of a difficult time, as if they had an easy time already to pirate????, to find a trader to pirate.
Like common now this is just showing that the admins are on the side of the trader more than they are on the side of the pirate in terms of game play.

Space is dangerous and you kinda rely, sorry to say, on the chat to find people especially in a server with at times 30 or less players online.

I mean it is not that big of an issue if the delay is short but then really what is the point in that? Either it is a long delay or there is no point in doing it.

On the other hand of things....

+++++1 on the PoB inRP cargo hidden thingy can you explain if this is now an inRP thing or is there going to be coding involved to make commands for it?

HUGE EDIT:
do you mean the player list on forums or the player list in game. If it is only player list on forums then i retract EVERYTHING i said about the issue. Original post rephrased

RE: Latest player request changes - Alestone - 03-26-2015

Forums only, in game is still in real time.

RE: Latest player request changes - Independent Miners Guild - 03-26-2015

Quote:- Official IMG ID

Thank you! Smile

Quote:- Players Online list on forum refresh rate lengthened (courtesy of Alley)

Good one on the refresh-timer on forum player list.
Precision logging for a special target... byebye.

And to the others:

> It is only for the forum/browser list. Not the on-server list!

> It does not damage activity, as every convoy/raid takes 3+ minutes to assemble. So activity can easily be spotted, while precision logging for moving targets has become much harder. So no relevant damage happened, and a large advantage was gained.

> Reengagement has to be proven by on-server data anyway. Forum playerlist data does not qualify as evidence anyway.

RE: Latest player request changes - Kauket - 03-26-2015

They only just edited it in that it was based on the forums, as it just said "player list update refresh has a delay" or something of the like.

I was referring to ingame usage of when:

player died to weh
player departing
player joined

thing. it's pretty much instant when the two messages happen
either way
irrelevent

can't wait to see the new ID's