Discovery Gaming Community
Jumpdrives - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Jumpdrives (/showthread.php?tid=127848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Jumpdrives - Edward Teach - 03-31-2015

You people looking only to congress in here? Many people like to jump trade. It's new technology that not everyone uses. And i'm agree only with 2'nd (Allow larger transport ships to jump.). May Jd use fuel like always, don't care. I like to jump trade and it's not difficuild to be to find few people for jump trade group. We like it. We like to jump. And if you don't - your problem. Not everyone are like you man. Don't think only about yourself. And i'm also not seeng so much interaction in game (not at that time, not now). And i think Junker Congress sti;ll can jump with theit Salvagers, it's not a problem for them.

RE: Jumpdrives - Lythrilux - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 06:55 PM)Future Indastries Wrote: You people looking only to congress in here? Many people like to jump trade. It's new technology that not everyone uses.
And you are all equally as bad as each other.

(03-31-2015, 06:55 PM)Future Indastries Wrote: I like to jump trade and it's not difficuild to be to find few people for jump trade group. We like it. We like to jump. And if you don't - your problem. Not everyone are like you man. Don't think only about yourself. And i'm also not seeng so much interaction in game (not at that time, not now). And i think Junker Congress sti;ll can jump with theit Salvagers, it's not a problem for them.
"I"
"we"
"if you don't - your problem"
"don't think only about yourself" (how rich)

You see, this is the problem with you Jump Traders. You're completely ignorant of everyone else's enjoyment and fun of the game. All you care about is lining your own dirty virtual pockets. Other people's activity and interactions don't register in your brains, you just want to make as much credits for yourselves as possible. Jump Trading is done so that credits can be made in the shortest time whilst having minimal danger.

And yes, you highlight how Jump Trading brings no interactions.

And yes, Congress could jump with their salvagers still. Was it a problem for them? No, it wasn't because they got to fill their pockets with tons of credits jumped around Sirius. It was a problem for everyone else however, as factions were not given interactions and furthermore Congress mostly helped contributed to destroying the Junker mining commodity. PScrap sucks for Junkers right now., which isn't fair since Jump Traders are a minority.

RE: Jumpdrives - Swifty - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 06:55 PM)Future Indastries Wrote: You people looking only to congress in here? Many people like to jump trade. It's new technology that not everyone uses. And i'm agree only with 2'nd (Allow larger transport ships to jump.). May Jd use fuel like always, don't care. I like to jump trade and it's not difficuild to be to find few people for jump trade group. We like it. We like to jump. And if you don't - your problem. Not everyone are like you man. Don't think only about yourself. And i'm also not seeng so much interaction in game (not at that time, not now)[/color]. And i think Junker Congress sti;ll can jump with theit Salvagers, it's not a problem for them.

Then your place is not here, in all honesty. This is a Role Play server, not a "Fk you all, i'm not interacting cos me no like it, i will however, keep jumping because i can and like it" server. You like it, but i can bring you a ton of people who dislikes it for many reasons. People with logical reasons. It's obvious these are harming the interaction.

Your argument is irrelevant.

Edit: Ninja'd by Lyth too.

RE: Jumpdrives - Black Widow - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 07:06 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(03-31-2015, 06:55 PM)Future Indastries Wrote: You people looking only to congress in here? Many people like to jump trade. It's new technology that not everyone uses.

(03-31-2015, 06:55 PM)Future Indastries Wrote: I like to jump trade and it's not difficuild to be to find few people for jump trade group. We like it. We like to jump. And if you don't - your problem. Not everyone are like you man. Don't think only about yourself. And i'm also not seeng so much interaction in game (not at that time, not now). And i think Junker Congress sti;ll can jump with theit Salvagers, it's not a problem for them.
"I"
"we"

You see, this is the problem with you Jump Traders. You're completely ignorant of everyone else's enjoyment and fun of the game. All you care about is lining your own dirty virtual pockets. Other people's activity and interactions don't register in your brains, you just want to make as much credits for yourselves as possible. Jump Trading is done so that credits can be made in the shortest time whilst having minimal danger.

And yes, Congress could jump with their salvagers still. Was it a problem for them? No, it wasn't because they got to fill their pockets with tons of credits jumped around Sirius. It was a problem for everyone else however, as factions were not given interactions and furthermore Congress mostly helped contributed to destroying the Junker mining commodity. PScrap sucks for Junkers right now., which isn't fair since Jump Traders are a minority.

Actually Lyth, Jump Trading only really makes lots of money if a large group of players jump together and given the restriction on the cargo size each participant in a jump convoy can have makes it even less attractive as a viable trading pathway.

This is because the time taken on top of everything else means you make far less money / sec than say to compared to solo-powermining.

The only group that really utilizes jump trading is the junker congress because they have the convoy sizes to make it worthwhile to them even though I think it is not as a solo group jump takes a lot of time to organize, when I was on some of their convoys.

Thus I dont really think Jump Trading is robbing the server of player interaction because no one really does it apart from congress. Look at all the JD4s on sale I dont see a huge demand for them in fact everyone is trying to get rid of them since they are useless post-5k cargo restrictions on jump traders.

Therefore I see that further nerfs on jumpers and jump trading are needless unless of course this is all about trying to increase server vs congress player interaction....

RE: Jumpdrives - Alley - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 07:21 PM)Black Widow Wrote: Look at all the JD4s on sale I dont see a huge demand for them in fact everyone is trying to get rid of them since they are useless post-5k cargo restrictions on jump traders.

huehuehuehuehuehuehue
oh man
they're all going to feel so bad in a few weeks for selling it

RE: Jumpdrives - Black Widow - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 07:23 PM)Alley Wrote:
(03-31-2015, 07:21 PM)Black Widow Wrote: Look at all the JD4s on sale I dont see a huge demand for them in fact everyone is trying to get rid of them since they are useless post-5k cargo restrictions on jump traders.

huehuehuehuehuehuehue
oh man
they're all going to feel so bad in a few weeks for selling it

[Image: avatar_12936.png]

RE: Jumpdrives - FynnMcScrap - 03-31-2015

oK... does it really "suck for Junkers" ?

I have a ton of scrappers interacting with us Tinkers, and not all are in our group.
( actually, most are not... jet. )
We even mine / scrap as group rather regularilly as the Haven is wiped clean of 100.000 units of scrap in about 24 hours at the moment.
Using whatever scrapper is around to help, and whatever trader is around to haul.
Even ending up to throwing scrap into the Spire for fun.

Junkers can evade Kusari, fly to GMG and sell there.
Can sell it at the Brunswyck shrine for 7000
( ... funny, only us Tinkers doing that somehow, ehy ? Not enough profit ? )
Can find other groups to interact with , settle a deal with Council, deal with Gallia...

Lost of possibillities with only 1 single drawback : No Cardamine...

Leave the scrap as it is,
its working fine to ensure exactly that what was intended :

generate more interaction

Leave JD´s for 4 sectors to hop over a focus point, fine

and leave scrap be scrap

By the way :
I would like to buy a used JD4 for Tinkers, to stockpile it for inRP use ;-)
But I dont trade in CONN

RE: Jumpdrives - Hidamari - 03-31-2015

[Image: EHFOBFM.png]

RE: Jumpdrives - Edward Teach - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 07:06 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
"I"
"we"
Ok. Now look. You telling me that we were jumping only for our benefits. So he're is something for you now: After each jump we transfered 20% of our cash (only 6 people were in it) to 1 account and splittted them to every new person that came to server. If take me than i bought 7 5k transports to new people and even presented 1 Liberty battlecruiser to 1 guy who wanted to patrol so much and asked me to give him cash. Also presented alot of my own ships to others. I spent more than 7 billion helping others in game. So don't say that. Even now when i'm not jump trading i'm trying to help new guys few when i got some cash in my ship. And i'm constructing base now to build cheap modules for everyone just to make everyone play better and have more fun and also will sell then some ore so people could get more cash without mining and looking for miner. And with Jump trading my work will be much faster. If you don't know all picture, don't say anything understand???
And you think in jump trading there is no interact in game? ok. When you ever saw 5-10 transports flying togather in convoy? nowere because such convoy is "calling" pirates and noone fill fly like that. And in jump trade they are. We interract with each other more than i'm talking in other plases when not jumping.

Edit: It's really hard to organize big jump trade group and it takes alot of time to get even few people for that. We mostly jumped in group of 2-4 transports.

RE: Jumpdrives - FynnMcScrap - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 05:46 PM)WildBill Wrote: I wish the new jump system was not implemented until the barge rework was completed. That being stated, I do see some of the merits of the new system. One of the positive aspects of jumping (as Congress) was the faction interaction we had. Jumps became coordinated events that took time, effort, and cooperation among faction members. It is a great alternative to the standard "grind". We quickly came to realize the merits of jumping for base supplies and moving large amounts of cargo to other PoB's for RP/contract purposes. This new system adds a new depth to the amount of coordination jumps will take. The only issue I foresee with the new system is refueling. With the ability to only jump within a set distance of space (I believe it was mentioned a max of 4 systems), some of the systems that will need to be utilized may be fully hostile, or at best undockable. While there is the arguement of "you'll just have to bring additional fuel ships" is a somewhat valid arguement, it does not solve the problem. Additional fuel ships would require less of the original cargo. Let's not make jumping completely obsolete or useless. Remember, not everyone shares the same play style. Some of us really enjoy the in faction interaction of coordinated jump events.
I do have a couple of suggestions that would alleviate the need for additional fuel ships, while still providing a more balanced jump system. These are merely suggestions, but please, take a moment to look them over and put serious consideration in to them. A single suggested fix, combination of, or use of all (in my opinion) would benefit the new jump system.
  1. Reduce the amount of fuel required to jump.
  2. Allow larger transport ships to jump.
  3. Extend the jump system to include more than 4 systems.
  4. Add neutral "refueling" stations throughout Sirius (more freelancer bases).

+1

And dont start QQing about congress.

I joined a jumping convoy with Fynn as a Newb.
It was fun, and it took longer that me simply flying there.

Like all tools, a JD can be used ... or misused.
Stop blaming the tool, stop blaming some single faction or individual players.

Look at yourself, ask : what can I do ? What do I want to do ?
If this is maximizing cash over RP :

Bad news ...: sooner or later you will always be nerfed.

If it´s having fun and interacting with others :
Start working together even with those you DO NOT LIKE TO MEET.

All else is simply some sort of weird self fulfillment.

(03-31-2015, 08:07 PM)Future Indastries Wrote: ...
Ok. Now look. You telling me that we were jumping only for our benefits. So he're is something for you now: After each jump we transfered 20% of our cash (only 6 people were in it) to 1 account and splittted them to every new person that came to server. If take me than i bought 7 5k transports to new people and even presented 1 Liberty battlecruiser to 1 guy who wanted to patrol so much and asked me to give him cash. Also presented alot of my own ships to others. I spent more than 7 billion helping others in game. So don't say that. Even now when i'm not jump trading i'm trying to help new guys few when i got some cash in my ship. And i'm constructing base now to build cheap modules for everyone just to make everyone play better and have more fun and also will sell then some ore so people could get more cash without mining and looking for miner. And with Jump trading my work will be much faster. If you don't know all picture, don't say anything understand???
And you think in jump trading there is no interact in game? ok. When you ever saw 5-10 transports flying togather in convoy? nowere because such convoy is "calling" pirates and noone fill fly like that. And in jump trade they are. We interract with each other more than i'm talking in other plases when not jumping.

Just tossing a few millions at Newbies is no use.
Cash is easy,
we all have plenty of cash.

Teach them the rules, teach them the lore and the fluff
Take responsibility

And stop QQing