Discovery Gaming Community
Jumpdrives - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Jumpdrives (/showthread.php?tid=127848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Jumpdrives - Lythrilux - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 12:43 AM)Hidamari Wrote: no the best thing ever of all time would be the complete removal of jumpdrives. this is a close second

Have to agree :|

(03-30-2015, 12:31 AM)JunkerTown Wrote: And what about changing the fuel restrictions or allowing larger ships to jump again?
Has any of that been changed too??
No buffs should be given in favor of jump trading. It's detrimental to the server. This needs to get nerfed into the ground without balancing the positives and negatives.

RE: Jumpdrives - Garrett Jax - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 12:43 AM)Hidamari Wrote: no the best thing ever of all time would be the complete removal of jumpdrives. this is a close second

I tried. Honestly, I did.

RE: Jumpdrives - StarRaven - 03-30-2015

But the galaxy's sooo big, and there are sooooo
many pirates....<sighs>.....maybe I can start
trading in a battleship....hmmmm.... Cool

RE: Jumpdrives - Hermes - 03-30-2015

I think this is a very wise decision and a wiser decision would be "removing jump drives off the game"
since nobody even bother to use jumping now at all because of all this drama.
Next step should be removing jumpholes because it make people avoid interaction lmao
and remove some factions officialdom because they are AFKing 24/7 in their system ... or you know what, delete the system so they cant AFK inside lmao
Sorry for the sarcasm, i couldn't find any better way to explain it.

Enjoy Discovery 24/7 , best server for freelancer Smile lol

regards,
Xenon

RE: Jumpdrives - Alley - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 01:18 AM)Xenon Wrote: I think this is a very wise decision and a wiser decision would be "removing jump drives off the game"
Next step should be removing jumpholes because it make people avoid interaction lmao
and remove some factions officialdom because they are AFKing 24/7 in their system ... or you know what, delete the system so they cant AFK inside lmao

regards,
Xenon

A few versions ago, Jumpdrives didn't exist.
I wonder how people played back then.

RE: Jumpdrives - Garrett Jax - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 01:18 AM)Xenon Wrote: I think this is a very wise decision and a wiser decision would be "removing jump drives off the game"

regards,
Xenon

Please, no sarcasm with the QQ's. It makes my coffee taste bitter. Tongue

RE: Jumpdrives - nOmnomnOm - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 01:21 AM)Alley Wrote:

regards,
Xenon

There was still problems.

This whole thing is just a conspir[A]cy rallying up to have this thing removed or reduced more by the devs.
Open your eyes community and see the devs are creating and pulling people to rage so that they will have a excuse to remove our toys.
We must rise up as a community and show how beneficial and practical our toys actually are and how it is actually positive.

OK I have been watching some youtube again but still.

Stop QQing about stuff and saying to remove it. How about looking to see the positives that can be created by such a thing?

it is the same thing that will happen to everything NEW that is added to the vanilla.

Honestly if the same community was debating about stuff in other games then you'd give the devs there a major headache.

So yeah disco stay away from War Thunder. I heard the Yak has some really OP guns.

RE: Jumpdrives - Sabru - 03-30-2015

barge turning into freely available civ carrier + possible future docking mmod use tweaks + limiting of JD range = shifting usage of spiffy tech gubbins to more pew uses?

for some reason, im seeing carrier raids resulting in snubs pews in the future.

@Xenon drama sarcasm much?

@Devs and Admins: kudos. a lot of great developments lately.

RE: Jumpdrives - Tarator - 03-30-2015

I've waited for that change for so long now.
Kudos.

RE: Jumpdrives - Hermes - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 01:21 AM)Alley Wrote:

regards,
Xenon

I don't have to reply to all of those who directed a reply to me here - but i will reply to you Alley

Hello Alley, First of all, i want you to understand and recognize that you as a developer lead, you have my out-most respect for the efforts and time you spend here
now back to your reply , because i really want to reply back to that.

I agree that jump drives weren't exist, but when they don't exist, then people will not use them, but when devs add them to the game, then people will use them,
plan things depending on them, include them in their role play plans etc... , and then SUDDENLY, the devs remove it - So the people will not like that...... why? because
it shouldn't be added then, if you want to nerf it to the min ! .... i don't think that people are upset because of the jump drives anymore, because simply the devs made the jump drives so hard to be used, so hard to the point that their purpose is no longer valid .... what they do, they shorten time and move some cargo fast... now they don't do that

it needs lots of fuel , lots of time to charge, and can jump only for few systems and very expensive etc... etc..
i think many people don't use them because they are nerfed so hard Alley ...

i know there are a certain group in the community who keeps your inbox so full with complains and crying about the jump drives .. i understand that you don't have to face all that and i understand that you are here for your hobby time and for free ... but think about the people who like the features that were here ... and they came here to enjoy these features ... now these features are nerfed hard to the point that , it's as if they don't exist ...

::: IMPORTANT NOTE ::: i don't like jumping any more, and even if the jump feature are softened and buffed back, im still not interested in jumping or using the idea in any plans - i just wanted to reply to your point, because i do respect you and your efforts here.

Thank you for your time
regards,
Xenon