Discovery Gaming Community
Jumpdrives - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Jumpdrives (/showthread.php?tid=127848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Jumpdrives - Alley - 03-30-2015

I don't see where the problem is. Jumpdrives are fully functional, you just can't jump from Omicron Theta to Ile-de-France in a single jump anymore. It was desperately needed and caused massive economy issues. Besides, all I did was provide the possibility to have this happen, toggling it on or off is not my problem, it's up to the admins.

This "nerf" if you can call it one simply fix a massive problem lying within the jumpdrives themselves that prevented any possibility to tune them and provide new functions, which will now be coming as they won't be overpowered anymore.

RE: Jumpdrives - nOmnomnOm - 03-30-2015

Xenon can you explain how exactly is jumping hard and long? I've been with congress in jumps. Jumping doesn't take long to do. Oh no! 4 systems long now! End of the world!
Common man.

Edit: Alley has a point in that the economy was extremely screwed up. Hopefully now it is fixed.

To put it into your terms, Xenon, if you were to give your child something that was advertised as good and then 3 years later they find out it gives cancer 100% then would you not take it away?

RE: Jumpdrives - Hermes - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 01:57 AM)Alley Wrote: I don't see where the problem is. Jumpdrives are fully functional, you just can't jump from Omicron Theta to Ile-de-France in a single jump anymore. It was desperately needed and caused massive economy issues. Besides, all I did was provide the possibility to have this happen, toggling it on or off is not my problem, it's up to the admins.

This "nerf" if you can call it one simply fix a massive problem lying within the jumpdrives themselves that prevented any possibility to tune them and provide new functions, which will now be coming as they won't be overpowered anymore.

Okay i understand that, thank you for your time and sorry for my poor english

regards,
Xenon

RE: Jumpdrives - Black Widow - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 01:35 AM)Sabru Wrote: barge turning into freely available civ carrier + possible future docking mmod use tweaks + limiting of JD range = shifting usage of spiffy tech gubbins to more pew uses?

for some reason, im seeing carrier raids resulting in snubs pews in the future.

@Xenon drama sarcasm much?

@Devs and Admins: kudos. a lot of great developments lately.

First I think the idea of a civilian carrier is stupid since why would civilians needs a carrier?

Should have replaced the barge with a s 10k supertransport, that would have made more sense.

I also think nerfing jumpdrives to a 4 system radius is a bad idea as it kinda kills idea of jumpdrives.

Luckily though I am smart enough to find a workaround so that this wont affect my nomnomfarming, but yeh sucks for combat jumps. Sad

RE: Jumpdrives - FallenKnight - 03-30-2015

A lot of problems were tied to these jump drives simply because of players abusing them, similar to the cloaks. Instead of nerf hammer to all, would be better to separate them. How about making a jump drive only for trading vessels which will be able to jump 4 systems? Military jump drives should remain as they were - jump everywhere if you have coordinates. It is already hard enough to make survey (or buy it) make codes (or buy them) and use specific ship to jump once - few would bother to do it.

Also those that say "remove it" - that's not a solution for a lot of players are here because of these features. Also nearly every sci-fi ship we've seen before (being from star trek or star wars) and now (games like EvE, mass effect etc...) all of them have a way to fly with light speed. Its good feature that Disco have an equipment to provide that so instead of removing it entirely it should be fixed properly.

RE: Jumpdrives - Wildkins - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 02:08 AM)FallenKnight Wrote: A lot of problems were tied to these jump drives simply because of players abusing them, similar to the cloaks. Instead of nerf hammer to all, would be better to separate them. How about making a jump drive only for trading vessels which will be able to jump 4 systems? Military jump drives should remain as they were - jump everywhere if you have coordinates. It is already hard enough to make survey (or buy it) make codes (or buy them) and use specific ship to jump once - few would bother to do it.

Also those that say "remove it" - that's not a solution for a lot of players are here because of these features. Also nearly every sci-fi ship we've seen before (being from star trek or star wars) and now (games like EvE, mass effect etc...) all of them have a way to fly with light speed. Its good feature that Disco have an equipment to provide that so instead of removing it entirely it should be fixed properly.

I'm gonna be honest. I'd rather have people have infinite jumptrade range than have the ability to jump in and out of fights with no repercussions.

RE: Jumpdrives - Edward Teach - 03-30-2015

You people talking about no interaction in game when there was jump drives fully active. I saw your interaction... I'm pirating transport, then he comes on fighter, bomber, Gb and even on battleship ones to kill me and doing that without even saying aanything. I donno why you are so complaning about JD at all. If you can't use it, let others do that. If you want to have some interaction in game with jump drives fly to the system where Jumps starts and do whatever you like in RP. But you guys are too lazy to do that. And i was atacked without any RP 27 times now. Is that your "interaction in game" you so much talking about? Got all 27 screens, but never reported on forums. I think that better to make all JD to work like it was before because i really lost a bit interest in game because of it. I like to jump trade. I really do. And you people just can't even emagine how hard to organize any big jump operation. I jumped many times with 8 5k transports and noone stopped us. Why? because you all just lazy to intercept.

RE: Jumpdrives - nOmnomnOm - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 02:52 AM)Future Indastries Wrote: You people talking about no interaction in game when there was jump drives fully active. I saw your interaction... I'm pirating transport, then he comes on fighter, bomber, Gb and even on battleship ones to kill me and doing that without even saying aanything. I donno why you are so complaning about JD at all. If you can't use it, let others do that. If you want to have some interaction in game with jump drives fly to the system where Jumps starts and do whatever you like in RP. But you guys are too lazy to do that. And i was atacked without any RP 27 times now. Is that your "interaction in game" you so much talking about? Got all 27 screens, but never reported on forums. I think that better to make all JD to work like it was before because i really lost a bit interest in game because of it. I like to jump trade. I really do. And you people just can't even emagine how hard to organize any big jump operation. I jumped many times with 8 5k transports and noone stopped us. Why? because you all just lazy to intercept.

yeahhh no.
It is not hard to bring people together to jump. I've done it before. Please.
It IS harder to actually hard for a pirate to stop jump traders when they start off plan and at the corner of the map where no one goes and jump there.

RE: Jumpdrives - Stoner_Steve - 03-30-2015

Could the Jumpdrives be varied by the jump-able distance?

e.g. JD Mk IV - Four Systems
JD Mk III - Five Systems
JD Mk II - Six Systems

Give some reason to have different modules

RE: Jumpdrives - Garrett Jax - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 03:31 AM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: Could the Jumpdrives be varied by the jump-able distance?

e.g. JD Mk IV - Four Systems
JD Mk III - Three Systems
JD Mk II - Two Systems

Give some reason to have different modules

Sure, with the above fix.