Discovery Gaming Community
Jumpdrives - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Jumpdrives (/showthread.php?tid=127848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Jumpdrives - Tarator - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 03:01 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:
(03-30-2015, 02:52 AM)Future Indastries Wrote: You people talking about no interaction in game when there was jump drives fully active. I saw your interaction... I'm pirating transport, then he comes on fighter, bomber, Gb and even on battleship ones to kill me and doing that without even saying aanything. I donno why you are so complaning about JD at all. If you can't use it, let others do that. If you want to have some interaction in game with jump drives fly to the system where Jumps starts and do whatever you like in RP. But you guys are too lazy to do that. And i was atacked without any RP 27 times now. Is that your "interaction in game" you so much talking about? Got all 27 screens, but never reported on forums. I think that better to make all JD to work like it was before because i really lost a bit interest in game because of it. I like to jump trade. I really do. And you people just can't even emagine how hard to organize any big jump operation. I jumped many times with 8 5k transports and noone stopped us. Why? because you all just lazy to intercept.

yeahhh no.
It is not hard to bring people together to jump. I've done it before. Please.
It IS harder to actually hard for a pirate to stop jump traders when they start off plan and at the corner of the map where no one goes and jump there.

If you all are so concerned about jump trading on barges here's an idea - Don't change the barge and let them jump all they want with it (while still having that 4 systems limitation), but make it unable to dock with anything but jumpholes and jumpgates, so that way they'll need quite a few transports to load/unload the barge before/after jumping.

And also make multiple ship jumping impossible (if it isn't yet) and all JD's being CD'ble.

RE: Jumpdrives - Sabru - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 04:27 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote:
(03-30-2015, 03:31 AM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: Could the Jumpdrives be varied by the jump-able distance?

e.g. JD Mk IV - Four Systems
JD Mk III - Three Systems
JD Mk II - Two Systems

Give some reason to have different modules

Sure, with the above fix.

Doesnt that then make JD Mk IIs even more redundant? if JD Mk IIs were made to be a lot easier and cheaper to make, then it might make sense. but apart from that, the figures you suggest Garrett, would indeed increase the pointlessness of having the JD Mk II in the first place.

RE: Jumpdrives - Black Widow - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 04:27 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote: Sure, with the above fix.

Can I ask you a direct question:

Is the nerf to jumpdrives purely out of the need to increase player interaction or because people have cried about use of JDs in battle and thus this nerf of a 4 system radius counteracts that?

The reason I ask because I do not believe that nerfing JDs is in fact to increase player interaction, this observation is due to the fact that you have already tombstoned Jump Trading when 5k transports were restricted from jumping.

As it was jumptrading that was robbing the server of player interactions, after the 5k transports were restricted from jumping no one jumptraded anymore.

Yet this new nerf is supposed to enhance player interaction further how?

Is it not really an attempt to appease the naysayers here who have cried continuously for Jumping to be completely removed from the game because they just hate people who use jumpdrives in battle?

Is this not really a compromise to silence them?

Well I can tell you that a 4 system jump radius will NOT suppress such actions as jumping in a battle. I mean yeh sure a 4 system radius makes it more difficult to jump directly in/out of battle if the battleground is quite faraway. But there are ways round it like for e.g. finding new jump locations from which to launch and return from that are in range of any battle area and thus allowing you to jump in and out of battle continuously.

I am even of thinking of creating mid way jump points between home and battlegrounds thus meaning anywhere in sirius is still within reach of jumpdevices.

When people start to see this 4 system radius does not nullify the use of Jumpships in battle then there will be even more crying about them.

I think you guys should either remove them completely or reinstate their full functionality and range because a 4 System Nerf technically changes nothing in the operation of jumpdrives.

(03-30-2015, 04:59 AM)Black Widow Wrote:

Well probably by making people unable to jump from their pob's location at the other side of Sirius to 99 so they can farm?

(03-30-2015, 05:05 AM)Bloxin Wrote:

Well probably by making people unable to jump from their pob's location at the other side of Sirius to 99 so they can farm?

But I can find a midway system between locations where I can refuel and jump to the next destination.

So it stops nothing, lets say my POB is 8 systems away from Omicron-99. I could find a system that is 4 jumps away which has fuel, jump there refuel then jump to 99. Done.

Techinically this nerf only makes it slightly harder but it does not nullify it. Ergo its pointless

RE: Jumpdrives - The Archangels Fighter Club - 03-30-2015

You know what I think?...
You can have any idea you want and base your reason off of "it increases player interaction."
Like that should not be a valid reason becasue it is WAY too generic.

Edit: And also wrong account. damn it
Plz admin if you see this change it to nOmnomnOm account :/

(03-30-2015, 05:08 AM)Black Widow Wrote:

But I can find a midway system between locations where I can refuel and jump to the next destination.

So it stops nothing, lets say my POB is 8 systems away from Omicron-99. I could find a system that is 4 jumps away which has fuel, jump there refuel then jump to 99. Done.

Techinically this nerf only makes it slightly harder but it does not nullify it. Ergo its pointless

Exactly thats how it increases interactions as you would have to stop once and you would also have to survey one more jump point which by itself increases the chance of interaction.

RE: Jumpdrives - sindroms - 03-30-2015

Will have to agree here. The biggest concern about the mechanic these days was a particular spike in JD IIId OC dreads, jumping in and out of NY. But most of the time they were using the unlawful bases inside of Liberty anyway, so it is not like this change even matters from that point of view.

I think that apart from the recent changes in cargo size and whatnot, the only other actual change needed to be making anything below Mk IV CDable while charging.

(03-30-2015, 05:12 AM)Bloxin Wrote:
(03-30-2015, 05:08 AM)Black Widow Wrote:

Exactly thats how it increases interactions as you would have to stop once and you would also have to survey one more jump point which by itself increases the chance of interaction.

Due to the current technical state of the server it is not possible to farm nomads when the server population is high, typically when player numbers are < 65 people will NPCs Spawn and thus be the right time to farm nomads.

So farming for nomads or surveying the area will happen when the server is not busy so again I dont see how it increases player interaction.

This is an attempt to appease the jumphaters with a compromise but it dont stop anything. Because I can just space-hop!

Either remove JDs completely or leave them unrestricted.

(03-30-2015, 05:16 AM)sindroms Wrote: Will have to agree here. The biggest concern about the mechanic these days was a particular spike in JD IIId OC dreads, jumping in and out of NY. But most of the time they were using the unlawful bases inside of Liberty anyway, so it is not like this change even matters from that point of view.

I think that apart from the recent changes in cargo size and whatnot, the only other actual change needed to be making anything below Mk IV CDable while charging.

Why ?? Make JDs useless ?? Why destroy a beautiful piece of technology??

If JDs become CDable, then I am done with discovery!