Discovery Gaming Community
Jumpdrives - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Jumpdrives (/showthread.php?tid=127848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Jumpdrives - sindroms - 03-30-2015

Because, in essence, the JD III gameplay is literally no different from ramming yourself into a planet or sun and then claiming that ''that did not count'' and coming back again.

RE: Jumpdrives - Tarator - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 05:27 AM)Black Widow Wrote:
(03-30-2015, 05:16 AM)sindroms Wrote: Will have to agree here. The biggest concern about the mechanic these days was a particular spike in JD IIId OC dreads, jumping in and out of NY. But most of the time they were using the unlawful bases inside of Liberty anyway, so it is not like this change even matters from that point of view.

I think that apart from the recent changes in cargo size and whatnot, the only other actual change needed to be making anything below Mk IV CDable while charging.

Why ?? Make JDs useless ?? Why destroy a beautiful piece of technology??

If JDs become CDable, then I am done with discovery!

They should, its the same as if you're decloaking in midst of a battle, as cloaks are CD'ble and you take the risk not to be able to walk out from there alive, why JD's should make any difference? JD's should be CD'ble lmo!

And to answer to your previous post - yeah nom spawns decrease/increase based on activity but still you'll be required to make a bigger effort to jump to there which will possibly lead to an interaction, its way better than if you would jump over 10 systems if you ask me.

RE: Jumpdrives - Black Widow - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 05:31 AM)sindroms Wrote: Because, in essence, the JD III gameplay is literally no different from ramming yourself into a planet or sun and then claiming that ''that did not count'' and coming back again.

Well that is actually a pvp death if it occurred in the same system, but when I jump out of a battle I dont suicide I dock and repair. I think jumping out of combat however should be considered a PVP death since jumping is really to escape not to have an infinite life.

I learned this when I used to jump to 99 to farm nomads and then jump out when K Hara Marducks turned up only to repair and return again.

I felt bad for them because whenever they logged to kill me I would escape which meant all their efforts trying to kill me are wasted and in the end they stopped logging or didnt even bother.

Which is why now when I farm nomnoms if Marduks log to engage me and begin to fight then I will honour them with a blue msg since it is only right, I mean well I can always come back two hours later.

In battle scanarios I always honour the fight to the death unless i am being ganked in which case I will jump to escape I am a jumper who is not afraid to die.

I also do not jump in and out of battle continuously as it is not nice and time consuming to refuel.

RE: Jumpdrives - sindroms - 03-30-2015

Then I suppose you will not mind if jumping out mid-battle counts as a PVP death.

(03-30-2015, 05:35 AM)Bloxin Wrote:
(03-30-2015, 05:16 AM)sindroms Wrote: Will have to agree here. The biggest concern about the mechanic these days was a particular spike in JD IIId OC dreads, jumping in and out of NY. But most of the time they were using the unlawful bases inside of Liberty anyway, so it is not like this change even matters from that point of view.

I think that apart from the recent changes in cargo size and whatnot, the only other actual change needed to be making anything below Mk IV CDable while charging.

They should, its the same as if you're decloaking in midst of a battle, as cloaks are CD'ble and you take the risk not to be able to walk out from there alive, why JD's should make any difference? JD's should be CD'ble lmo!

And to answer to your previous post - yeah nom spawns decrease/increase based on activity but still you'll be required to make a bigger effort to jump to there which will possibly lead to an interaction, its way better than if you would jump over 10 systems if you ask me.

No dont make them cdable or nerfed to 4 systems. Allow Jumping to be unrestricted and instead make jumping out of battle a PVP Death. Then the whole thing of Jumpabuse is solved.

Nerfing the technology is just a peepee-poor solution if you ask me.

(03-30-2015, 05:59 AM)sindroms Wrote: Then I suppose you will not mind if jumping out mid-battle counts as a PVP death.

Once you jump out then you are out, as jumping is a means of escape. Its all I use it for in battle scenarios, so yes to that

RE: Jumpdrives - Tarator - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 06:00 AM)Black Widow Wrote:

No dont make them cdable or nerfed to 4 systems. Allow Jumping to be unrestricted and instead make jumping out of battle a PVP Death. Then the whole thing of Jumpabuse is solved.

Whats the difference? You either get cd'ed and you die or jump away and you're pvp dead, except for the blue?
I smell blue message ego'ing here xD

RE: Jumpdrives - Garrett Jax - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 04:59 AM)Black Widow Wrote:
(03-30-2015, 04:27 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote: Sure, with the above fix.

Can I ask you a direct question:

Is the nerf to jumpdrives purely out of the need to increase player interaction or because people have cried about use of JDs in battle and thus this nerf of a 4 system radius counteracts that?

The reason I ask because I do not believe that nerfing JDs is in fact to increase player interaction, this observation is due to the fact that you have already tombstoned Jump Trading when 5k transports were restricted from jumping.

As it was jumptrading that was robbing the server of player interactions, after the 5k transports were restricted from jumping no one jumptraded anymore.

Yet this new nerf is supposed to enhance player interaction further how?

Is it not really an attempt to appease the naysayers here who have cried continuously for Jumping to be completely removed from the game because they just hate people who use jumpdrives in battle?

Is this not really a compromise to silence them?

Well I can tell you that a 4 system jump radius will NOT suppress such actions as jumping in a battle. I mean yeh sure a 4 system radius makes it more difficult to jump directly in/out of battle if the battleground is quite faraway. But there are ways round it like for e.g. finding new jump locations from which to launch and return from that are in range of any battle area and thus allowing you to jump in and out of battle continuously.

I am even of thinking of creating mid way jump points between home and battlegrounds thus meaning anywhere in sirius is still within reach of jumpdevices.

When people start to see this 4 system radius does not nullify the use of Jumpships in battle then there will be even more crying about them.

I think you guys should either remove them completely or reinstate their full functionality and range because a 4 System Nerf technically changes nothing in the operation of jumpdrives.

Truthfully? The nerf to four systems, for me personally, was after long efforts of trying to get rid of JD's from the game altogether, and having to settle for a compromise of a 4 system jump restriction.

If it were up to me, I would get rid of them completely. I begged to remove them, voted for a two system jump when I realized that wouldn't happen and had to settle for four, because I didn't get enough votes.

I believe they are bad for the game, and as long as I have a say, I'm going to vote for their removal. If they end up being nerfed into uselessness, then I'll have to settle for that. So you will not get any sympathy from me for your 4 system JD restriction. Maybe, if players are determined to use this current restriction to avoid player interaction, I might, just might, be able to drum up the extra vote or two to get rid of them altogether. One can only hope.

RE: Jumpdrives - Kuduka - 03-30-2015

Yes, and if they make JD's CDable what is the point in them being around at all? If you remove their use in combat, their only other remaining usage would be jump trading. It's far too bothersome to actually use them for anything else.

If anything, the only JDs that need nerfing is the class IV's. Nerf those and making only them CDable to curbstomp jump trading I can understand.
If someone actually does bother trying to take out jump traders at least they could easily prevent them from jumping away.

You say blue msg ego, how about the opposite then? People wanting that blue msg no matter what...
Make jumping away from combat a PvP death and be done with it.

(03-30-2015, 06:13 AM)Bloxin Wrote:
(03-30-2015, 06:00 AM)Black Widow Wrote:

I smell blue message ego'ing here xD

I refer to the statements I made some moments ago