Discovery Gaming Community
Jumpdrives - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Jumpdrives (/showthread.php?tid=127848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Jumpdrives - Jayce - 03-30-2015

Disruptable jumpdrives sooner rather than later.

Remove all combatjumping BSes.

It's blueballing, and literally the same as saying you died to an NPC, so the pvp kill doesn't count.

RE: Jumpdrives - nOmnomnOm - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 06:28 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote: Maybe, if players are determined to use this current restriction to avoid player interaction, I might, just might, be able to drum up the extra vote or two to get rid of them altogether. One can only hope.

brainwashing to fit your agenda?
Conspir[A]cy

And admins plz i cant believe you didnt do this yet.
Add in teh rules that jumping out of a fight is pvp death.

you can solve this SOOOOO EASILY!!!

RE: Jumpdrives - Black Widow - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 06:54 AM)Jayce Wrote: Disruptable jumpdrives sooner rather than later.

Remove all combatjumping BSes.

It's blueballing, and literally the same as saying you died to an NPC, so the pvp kill doesn't count.

Make jumping out a pvp death in presence of another player!

Remove solaris turrets, TS and thus claims of elitism through their use.

RE: Jumpdrives - Lythrilux - 03-30-2015

I'm confused though. I don't understand why you'd like to have them count as a pvp death, since from your logic that's also make it useless...

Regardless, i'm all for seeing that Jumpdrives become useless and have no use. That'll make them more balanced than they've ever been. It's impossible to argue that they have any sort of positive use: we've seen all their negative effects such as ruining the economy (pscrap was nerfed because of jumping salvagers which have 3.3k cargo) and people continually Jumping in and out of combat, who ignorantly ruin the fights and interactions as they have no regard for their fellow player.

RE: Jumpdrives - Hannibal - 03-30-2015

With this new restriction/nerf will it be reconsidered the removal of 3,5k cargo limitation to something a little higher..like 4,3 or 5k?

RE: Jumpdrives - Alley - 03-30-2015

jumpdrives are getting their counter, it won't be CDs though.

RE: Jumpdrives - jammi - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 10:39 AM)Alley Wrote: jumpdrives are getting their counter, it won't be CDs though.

A piece of equipment manufactured specifically for that purpose would be nice. Gives player bases another feather for their cap.

RE: Jumpdrives - Alley - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 10:41 AM)jammi Wrote:
(03-30-2015, 10:39 AM)Alley Wrote: jumpdrives are getting their counter, it won't be CDs though.

A piece of equipment manufactured specifically for that purpose would be nice. Gives player bases another feather for their cap.

this is exactly it

RE: Jumpdrives - WesternPeregrine - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 01:35 AM)Sabru Wrote: barge turning into freely available civ carrier + possible future docking mmod use tweaks + limiting of JD range = shifting usage of spiffy tech gubbins to more pew uses?

for some reason, im seeing carrier raids resulting in snubs pews in the future.

@Xenon drama sarcasm much?

@Devs and Admins: kudos. a lot of great developments lately.

Guess this solves the issues with the Kusari Exiles light carrier idea.

RE: Jumpdrives - bormos3 - 03-30-2015

Why don't you just remove the jump drives completely? you clearly don't want them....u just keep nerfing them and making them more useless

(03-30-2015, 10:32 AM)Hannibal Wrote:
With this new restriction/nerf will it be reconsidered the removal of 3,5k cargo limitation to something a little higher..like 4,3 or 5k?
Agreed

Yeah we're not having that image there ~Snoopy