Discovery Gaming Community
Jumpdrives - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Jumpdrives (/showthread.php?tid=127848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Jumpdrives - Edward Teach - 03-30-2015

btw. Does every trading ship can jump now? Even 5k transport?

RE: Jumpdrives - bormos3 - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 06:52 PM)Future Indastries Wrote: btw. Does every trading ship can jump now? Even 5k transport?

They never could....not on their own.... but now they can't jump even with the help of a battleship

RE: Jumpdrives - Edward Teach - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 07:04 PM)bormos3 Wrote:
(03-30-2015, 06:52 PM)Future Indastries Wrote: btw. Does every trading ship can jump now? Even 5k transport?

They never could....not on their own.... but now they can't jump even with the help of a battleship

I was taling about JD4 on Bs and 5k transports around or barge. If they can't, then there is no use for 4 system jumps. Jump trading will die and there will be no fun on server. Simple trading will become booring. And only fun will be pvp. Better if 4 systems yes, but everything could jump. Plus barges will be changed very soon so no use for them.

RE: Jumpdrives - bormos3 - 03-30-2015

(03-30-2015, 07:12 PM)Future Indastries Wrote:
(03-30-2015, 07:04 PM)bormos3 Wrote:
I was taling about JD4 on Bs and 5k transports around or barge. If they can't, then there is no use for 4 system jumps. Jump trading will die and there will be no fun on server. Simple trading will become booring. And only fun will be pvp. Better if 4 systems yes, but everything could jump. Plus barges will be changed very soon so no use for them.
Oh that....yeah agreed , though from what I hear , jump drives will get some sort of "jump batteries" , something similar to cloak batteries but for jumping.

RE: Jumpdrives - Wesker - 03-31-2015

(03-29-2015, 08:32 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: WOO HOO
FINALLY
IN YOUR FACE JUMP TRADERS
NO MORE bad

Now can we PLEASE revert Premium Scrap back to what it was?

I second this

RE: Jumpdrives - Mímir - 03-31-2015

Good call!

RE: Jumpdrives - St.Denis - 03-31-2015

FINALLY
NO MORE bad

If the PS is reverted back to where is was previously, ie 14k and sold in Omicron Alpha, the JC will be Jump Trading again with little or no chance of your supposed interaction.

All they have to do, is go to Humboldt, jump to Inverness, jump from Inverness to Tau 37 and then just drive in to O-Alpha. Return journey is the reverse. So it takes them a little bit longer but how have you achieved your expected interaction?

In reality, with a bit of forethought Jump Trading is just as viable as before. It will cost a little more and also take a bit more time but, seriously it is still a good prospect for those that want to do it.

I have no problem with Jump Traders, they have their fun I have mine. I don't Jump Trade and neither do I mine PS.

RE: Jumpdrives - Lythrilux - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 11:52 AM)St.Denis Wrote:
FINALLY
NO MORE bad

If the PS is reverted back to where is was previously, ie 14k and sold in Omicron Alpha, the JC will be Jump Trading again with little or no chance of your supposed interaction.

All they have to do, is go to Humboldt, jump to Inverness, jump from Inverness to Tau 37 and then just drive in to O-Alpha. Return journey is the reverse. So it takes them a little bit longer but how have you achieved your expected interaction?

In reality, with a bit of forethought Jump Trading is just as viable as before. It will cost a little more and also take a bit more time but, seriously it is still a good prospect for those that want to do it.

I have no problem with Jump Traders, they have their fun I have mine. I don't Jump Trade and neither do I mine PS.

Considering the fuel costs that's be involved in having to buy more fuel for each jump, surely this would be tedious as well as economically inefficient?

If it is still viable however, it affirms my belief that jump trading can still be abused and it should be fully removed. It brings nothing positive, only negatives.

When jump trading was nerfed the first time, it was still heavily abused which lead to pscrap being nerfed. I'm worried that even with this 'nerf', it is still going to be abused somehow.

The best solution is often the one that leaves no room for error.

RE: Jumpdrives - Wesker - 03-31-2015

I'm with lyth here we need p-Scrap back at 14k in alpha so I can power trade again.

RE: Jumpdrives - Kosa - 03-31-2015

I do not jumptrade and I do not encourage it either. But I think the multiple jumps and the time it takes to refuel, set new coordinates, form up, jump and cruise to next target is pretty long. PLUS there is the cargo limit to ships that can jump.

I don't think it's more profiting for 5-6 men to jump (of which 1 is a Battleship, 1 transport brings the fuel and only the remaining 3-4 are useful 3,5K transports) COMPARED TO all 5-6 of them trading ores in 5k transports.

All jumpers gain is a little less risk. Trade lanes are also very safe nowadays and jumping isn't bulletproof either.

-I say this change brought nothing bad, JD MK3's are still functional and fulfill their purpose well.
-But jumping needs no more nerfing either. And it's a BAD idea to remove them. Shiny things like this and cloaks can attract new players to a game while they are expensive and hard to manufacture. And after you have it you want to use it. That generates enough activity by itself.