Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread (Archived) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived) (/showthread.php?tid=128086)

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - St.Denis - 10-04-2016

(10-04-2016, 09:53 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: I am kinda confused about this ... What I think is... A double standard.

The admins say you are volunteering your time for the community. Fair enough we all have lives.
BUT
The admins get chosen to be admins through a difficult screening process. A process that has a high reward for the few that earn it. To get to this position and then not do the expected is... Yeah.

Guys im not saying anything bad but looking it from the point of view as it is an earned space to be plus the first question to apply is how much time do you have... Is well... Can't use the excuse for everything.

Please can you elaborate a bit more?

I was left very confused at what you were trying to say.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Vendetta - 10-04-2016

(10-04-2016, 10:02 PM)St.Denis Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 09:53 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: I am kinda confused about this ... What I think is... A double standard.

The admins say you are volunteering your time for the community. Fair enough we all have lives.
BUT
The admins get chosen to be admins through a difficult screening process. A process that has a high reward for the few that earn it. To get to this position and then not do the expected is... Yeah.

Guys im not saying anything bad but looking it from the point of view as it is an earned space to be plus the first question to apply is how much time do you have... Is well... Can't use the excuse for everything.

Please can you elaborate a bit more?

I was left very confused at what you were trying to say.

He's saying that using the term volunteer to describe administrators is weird because of how the staff selection process works, as volunteering consists of simply offering your time up to do a job for free, but with the current recruitment process it's more or less not a volunteer thing. However some volunteer places require a significant amount of screening before you're given a chance, even if you're working for free.

In general it's a weird question, but something to consider when identifying how the team operates. There really isn't a way to describe it.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Garrett Jax - 10-04-2016

BUT

Yes it's a volunteer office, but as far as the 'high reward' is concerned, you are speaking with an outside perspective. I would wager not one Admin, both current and past would view the position as one that brings a high reward. It's virtually a thankless job that will incur the anger of whomever is on the wrong side of an admin decision. Or both sides if the decision is poor enough.

The job itself almost forces a disconnect between Admin and community. Decisions are scrutinized and the mostly respectful responses from admins are met with vitriol and hate from many.

The result is a community that feels the staff is either power hungry, incompetent or both. The staff in turn feels the community is a mindless mob that cannot be appealed to with reason.

Eventually, an admin either quits, or in most cases, just disappears until the remaining Admins remove him from the staff.

So, no. This high reward thing you speak of is a myth.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Xenon - 10-05-2016

(10-04-2016, 04:58 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: Kudos for taking the long and hard way of removing hacked cash from Disco - without making the community suffer by the much easier solution of a rollback to a pre-hack status. Hope you can locate the money and that players that unintentioally were caught up in it can redeem their names quickly by cooperating.

I am convinced that this is the right way to go.
But it for sure is the harder one.

+1 from me too
Excellent work and please keep it up Smile
Thank you also for releasing my nickname from prison .. It's very nasty place there lol
Let Justice be served .. It grow healthier communities even if it will be smaller than unhealthy bigger communities.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - WesternPeregrine - 10-06-2016

Need a bit of help recovering something. More than a year ago I, or me through the @"Kusari Kaigun" account, had placed a request for the team regarding the expansion of the KNF zoi into Frankfurt, and similar extension of RM into Honshu, to act according to the long established agreements between the two house law enforcement agencies.

Since it was a request, it is probably on one of those "admin read only" posts, and therefore I can see it or recall its contents. I can't even recall accurately the time I have posted said request.

If any admin could spare a bit of time to locate said post (most probably under @"Kusari Kaigun" ) and relay to me it's contents (and decision, if any?), I would appreciate it very much.
From the guys and gals of the KNF.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Kusari Uchugun - 10-06-2016

Just to add some context, it was a request made following this treaty signed by Rheinland and Kusari (June 2013), allowing RM/BDM to enforce Kusari laws in Honshu and KNF to enforce Rheinland laws in Frankfurt.

This treaty was another step towards closer ties between Rheinland and Kusari, following the agreement to build KNF ships in Rheinland shipyards.

To KNF HC knowledge, we never got a feedback or an admins decision about it.

As a side note, we have regularly been doing stuffs in Frankfurt since this treaty was effective, but being out of our ZOI severely limited our options there.

Thanks in advance!

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Yber - 10-09-2016

(10-03-2016, 09:13 PM)Yber Wrote: You're acting like you didn't read anything.

Realizing that it was WRONG and action from the green side and initiative to say that you ***** up are the consequences I want and the only solution.

I bump my posts because you try to ignore them and refuse to acknowledge them, which is the most obvious and blatant *****.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Snoflek - 10-09-2016

(10-06-2016, 01:16 AM)Kusari Kaigun Wrote: Just to add some context, it was a request made following this treaty signed by Rheinland and Kusari (June 2013), allowing RM/BDM to enforce Kusari laws in Honshu and KNF to enforce Rheinland laws in Frankfurt.

This treaty was another step towards closer ties between Rheinland and Kusari, following the agreement to build KNF ships in Rheinland shipyards.

To KNF HC knowledge, we never got a feedback or an admins decision about it.

As a side note, we have regularly been doing stuffs in Frankfurt since this treaty was effective, but being out of our ZOI severely limited our options there.

Thanks in advance!

+1 to this. I would love to take RFP Into Kusari for a stint

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Laura C. - 10-20-2016

Will we see in April announced reworked IDs any time soon? But I mean soon, not soon™.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - sindroms - 10-20-2016

The ID rework is a bit tricky. Remember what happened with the last time we tried to rework something that works ''fine enough''.
Expect a public post of the ''intended'' wording and changes to the IDs. After that is processed and the community can get acquainted with them and point out the possible issues - then we sling them in.

EDIT: Just to clarify, a public post with the already adjusted IDs since the previous announcement.