Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread (Archived) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived) (/showthread.php?tid=128086)

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Shinju - 01-25-2016

I said it earlier, I should say it again.

You can play and enjoy game/RP/PvP again. If you are on probation then you should be quiet and stay low within the community, not causing any problems which might get you banned again. You can insult/swear or whatever you prefer elsewhere, but you go and insult people in game even if you know you are on probation and Admins are watching you carefuly. You know, Alley wouldn't even notice it if you weren't insulting her right after one little experiment, because she had to check if server can handle it (: You can swear on TS, Skype, FB, Twitter btw.

Just a bad luck I would say. It's been pointed out earlier, we can't filter ingame chats... It's just a mix of PMs, system and group chats.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - sindroms - 01-25-2016

Didn't he get slapped for saying bad things on Skype?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Findarato Veneanar - 01-25-2016

Seems odd that swearing on tv shows is allowed but not here, why do the players have to be punished for the failings of a parent? Similar to tv shows, if a parent doesn't want their kid exposed to swearing they shouldn't be running around freely on the internet, most of us are adults here, we shouldn't be restricted to the language of a 2 year old.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - The Savage - 01-25-2016

I think group chat should follow the very same rule as common sense. Group chat is a private chat between people. After some thought, this situation is like punishing people for saying their president/prime minister is bad between themselves in private - what is both illegal and in bad taste.

(01-25-2016, 08:48 AM)Toris Wrote: I think group chat should follow the very same rule as common sense. Group chat is a private chat between people. After some thought, this situation is like punishing people for saying their president/prime minister is bad between themselves in private - what is both illegal and in bad taste.

You just don't go and insult president/prime minister if he is standing beside you.

(01-25-2016, 08:49 AM)Shinju Wrote: You just don't go and insult president/prime minister if he is standing beside you.

The funniest thing is, I have full right to criticize him even if I'm speaking face to face. That's my democratic right and trying to punish someone for that is against it. Insults are bad, yes, but putting it into a public forum via console instead of PMing offender is a behaviour right from kindergarden.

(01-24-2016, 11:46 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: Will Admin Team continue to review the sanction and take the audiovisual evidence provided by Spazzy(?)

And this, seconded. That sanction was caused by errors from both sides and created bad blood between players, which should not happen. And if I feel bad for doing something supposedly right (filling report after suspected rulebreaking) - something is wrong in here.

I'll try to make it simple for you. Just an EXAMPLE (I'm not comparing server to it)

You are in some shopping center, you insulted owners/managers or somebody who is high-ranked in the past... And now you insult them again. Unfortunately they noticed it, soooo what's going to happen.

Probably you are going to be banned from the shopping center.

I don't say you can't share your own opinion (Be it positive or negative), but it's incredibly stupid insulting someone BECAUSE you can, somewhere you KNOW he/she can watch it. Just no respect for someone who gave you another chance even if you were a ~bit~ too rough in past (And got banned for it before). As I said, insult people elsewhere, people want to relax while playing/developing. If you want to fight and insult people, then go and join some other forum and discussion with people willing to fight and insult you.

(01-25-2016, 09:06 AM)Shinju Wrote: If you want to fight and insult people, then go and join some other forum and discussion with people willing to fight and insult you.
(01-25-2016, 08:51 AM)Toris Wrote: Insults are bad, yes, but putting it into a public forum via console instead of PMing offender is a behaviour right from kindergarden.

I don't think you read my post carefully. If Admin Team is incapable to comprehend simple sentences, I think this talk is now finished.

I never said insults are right, I pointed out announcing that X player insulted you, instead of PMing him or her, is bad. Really bad.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Alley - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 08:48 AM)Toris Wrote: I think group chat should follow the very same rule as common sense. Group chat is a private chat between people. After some thought, this situation is like punishing people for saying their president/prime minister is bad between themselves in private - what is both illegal and in bad taste.

Do you even realize how nonsensical this is. Seriously stop blowing things out of proportion.

Divine posted his thoughts, I posted mines and so did others. We all already drew our conclusions from the discussion and got over it. On top of that there is a magical tool called Skype where Divine and myself can continue to talk about it if necessary. We don't need you continue bringing this up here and trying to turn a cornflake into a gas giant. We're grown ups thank you.

(01-25-2016, 09:10 AM)Alley Wrote: We're grown ups thank you.

Right. "Oh no, one user insulted us! Let's announce it via console!" That is not adult behaviour, but then - this talk is finished.