Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread (Archived) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived) (/showthread.php?tid=128086)

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - SnakThree - 04-10-2016

But why choose furry-like body? Just why?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Sombs - 04-10-2016

Why not? I find that interestingly clever. I guess as long there is no absolute clarification on how not furry-alike something can be, there will be another tries. I really laughed hard when I saw that. Big Grin

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Lythrilux - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 08:13 PM)The Savage Wrote: the AI's mainframe can have any form - be it a humanoid creation (such as things on the bases) or in form of a whole humongous vessel. Nothing is wrong with that character, as character is not a living being born of experiments, but a machine.

And what is the justification for it choosing such a form?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - HuggieSunrise - 04-10-2016

Every point gets derailed so fast... So.. im going to attack the soft core reason the ont he fence admins point out.

Its.. immersion breaking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Island_of_Doctor_Moreau

Didnt you guys read the originals? Original sci fi series and books that spawned this genre? There it is in black and white. Hell were splicing jellyfish and mice to glow in the freaking dark and animal human hybrids are immersion breaking?

This was NOT thought out. You objectified people you're supposed to protect and encourage their creativity Not outcast their ideas and make them feel like trash for having them.

My previous post stands. youve reaped seriously negative karma here and if you cant see that. heaven and earth help you.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Zigeris - 04-10-2016

I waited 8 years, I have no regrets.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Jeremy Hunter - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 08:22 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 08:13 PM)The Savage Wrote: the AI's mainframe can have any form - be it a humanoid creation (such as things on the bases) or in form of a whole humongous vessel. Nothing is wrong with that character, as character is not a living being born of experiments, but a machine.

And what is the justification for it choosing such a form?

Why does it matter?

People make design choices based on personal wants. We all have our likes. I like anime, I know how to do it. Savage likes furries, he found a way to roleplay his char in the rules set forth. Don't like it, emp his ass and move on?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Alley - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 08:13 PM)The Savage Wrote: The furries are no longer existant inside discovery universe and I followed that. As I stated in PM, the AI's mainframe can have any form - be it a humanoid creation (such as things on the bases) or in form of a whole humongous vessel. Nothing is wrong with that character, as character is not a living being born of experiments disallowed by lore, but a machine created by man.

I disagree with closing Tikam Kunuri's story thread, because there are no rules depicting on how human-made and alien-made AI's "body" should look like. They can have all different forms.

This character has not broken the overall rule from the News Announcement, which states that non-human, non-Nomad and non-AI (both human- and Kappa-born) characters are disallowed on Discovery.

I've refrained as much as possible from participating in this mess, but here you go.

A fair bit of Discovery players don't want to deal with furries, pure and simple. Some people want them entirely erased, other like me simply wish to stop having furries shoved in their face on a daily basis on these forums and that, my friend, is the real problem here.

For people that see this topic as I do, we don't actually care if you play as a furry as long as you don't bother us with it, and SMI did it well until we ended up with two official factions led by him over time and there was no escape from interacting with a furry. However mostly thanks to your own efforts a problem that was almost meaningless and barely noticeable for years managed to become the daily unavoidable facepalm and this is what led us to this inevitable announcement as the daily drama managed to piss off everyone in the community, including those that didn't care about furries at all.

I'm also slightly annoyed that only furries were targeted in this case as we have characters around that are more disruptive than furries are. It would have been a perfect opportunity to get rid of cats flying ships, klingons and other things that are either terrible attempts at imports or straight out stupid.

You don't need to rp a furry to be special. You've proven you can write good content and be a good roleplayer. Will it change anything if you can't yiff and have cat ears? I doubt it.
So why don't you just stop it and decide to be an amazing member?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Lythrilux - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 08:25 PM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: People make design choices based on personal wants. We all have our likes. I like anime, I know how to do it. Savage likes furries, he found a way to roleplay his char in the rules set forth. Don't like it, emp his ass and move on?

Wouldn't directing the furry fandom into one of your characters in such a manner be exploitation of the rules though?

In such a way, I may be justified in RPing a young Hitler or something, provided the image/character I use is not a direct expression of that.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - SnakThree - 04-10-2016

If the staff locked it, it is not within the limits of the rules. It is obvious attempt to overcome the rule. It's not even clever. It's outright visible and see-through.

He could have roleplayed that without using furry image. Or any image at all.

That's the point why there;s major dislike towards furries. They want to force it onto others. Over and over again.

Noone is forbidding them to keep the fact that the character is furry to themselves only.

There are successful characters that don't have char image on forums.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Zigeris - 04-10-2016

Just like Klingons I remember people trying to make a klingon faction, though I laugh because we didn't have cloaking then...but now. Anyway it's hard to be in DiscoLore while there is a dog slobbering over the adjacent monitor. There was at one point a great member who decided he wanted to RP being a plant human. Though the kicker one of the greatest in game RP's I had from the 2009-2010 era was cut short when he revealed that he was a plant.

This is a place to be relative to lore and furries, ponies, klingons, and vampires are not lore relative.

Get off the admin's backs, it should have happened years ago.