Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread (Archived) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived) (/showthread.php?tid=128086)

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Zyliath - 04-10-2016

Ehh...Never wanted to poke my nose inside here, but looks like I'm too late to refrain:
I give a point: Furries don't belong to Disco. Okay, we all happy? Good. They have been banned my Admin Garrett Jax, so bye to furry fandom.
Another point, off the bat: what if it isn't actually a furry, but (like in Tikram's case) a furry-designed android with a silicon memory chip in it.
Everyone will come out with the ususal furry bull. And that is where everyone is absolutely wrong.
Just because it resembles a furry in shape, it doesn't specifically mean it is related to furry fandom.
Now, Tikram (and Toris with him) were banned for 'Furry rule violation'. To assure everyone, I did read the sanction and furry rule thread.
Sorry for Garrett Jax and the whole Admin Team, but Android Furry-shaped beings weren't mentioned from what I read.
If I am wrong (which it could possibly be), let me understand the decision behind all this fuss. Really.
Show me the point in all this.
~SirDoge
P.S: Also, don't come up with the usual anti-furry bull, as it is useless and not pertinent to my post. Refrain from posting senseless things below. Thanks.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Lythrilux - 04-10-2016

I have a fruit. It's shaped like a banana, has the same colour as a banana and even tastes like a banana. But I assure you, it's not a banana!

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Zyliath - 04-10-2016

Did you read my P.S., Lyth?
You have picked the wrong point of view.
Now, some clearance:
1- That banana example of yours is dull. Shame on you.
2- I said "IF it looks like a furry, it doesn't mean it is one." With this I meant -> If I make a humanoid horse-shaped android body where I put a silicon memory card in it, do you consider it still a furry/pony/brony?
I don't. Because the origin isn't a furry, but it is an android.
Don't like the body design? I don't care. You don't need to interact with me forcefully.

Heck, don't let me write down bad things here, or I'll surely get slapped.
~SirDoge

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Xenon - 04-10-2016

Another feedback from me to admins, in one phrase!
Thank you for the new moves about core 1 bases and RP - and the ooRP character names etc..
It help and should have been done from a long time ago, but later better than never Smile thx

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - aerelm - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 09:15 PM)SirDoge Wrote: Android Furry-shaped beings weren't mentioned from what I read.

The announcement mentioned furries in a general context, which would mean "anything possibly furry you can think of", and in a universe where the very idea behind furries doesn't exist, an "android furry-shaped being" wouldn't either.

For the sake of clarification:
(04-10-2016, 09:07 PM)aerelm Wrote:
The rule is directed toward furries in general. Wouldn't really matter whether its human furry, AI furry, a Nomad who projects vision of furries in its victims' minds, or even a normal human who uses a drawing of what resembles a furry for their neuralnet communications. Any and all furry fandom materials fall under the same ruling, regardless of how they may be presented.

(04-10-2016, 09:22 PM)SirDoge Wrote: You have picked the wrong point of view.
Now, some clearance:
1- That banana example of yours is dull. Shame on you.
2- I said "IF it looks like a furry, it doesn't mean it is one." With this I meant -> If I make a humanoid horse-shaped android body where I put a silicon memory card in it, do you consider it still a furry/pony/brony?
I don't. Because the origin isn't a furry, but it is an android.
Don't like the body design? I don't care. You don't need to interact with me forcefully.

My banana example is sound because it is a commentary on the belief that just because you say x isn't y, it doesn't mean it's not y. I.e if I tried to prove to people that a banana wasn't a banana, they'd think I was a fool.

Unless you can provide legitimate scientific grounds that would justify why giving it a humanoid horse-shaped body would be a good idea without it blatantly coming across as an expression of furry fandom, then I'd still be inclined to believe it's a furry character.

Toris definitely knew what he was doing, which was trying to exploit a loophole in the rules, and wanted to express his furry RP through that loophole. It'd be like me running Nazi-related words through google translate and then posting flipped associated imagery onto the forums as a story; because at a glance, although it doesn't look like Nazism, it doesn't mean I'm not trying to express Nazism.

(04-10-2016, 09:28 PM)aerelm Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 09:15 PM)SirDoge Wrote: Android Furry-shaped beings weren't mentioned from what I read.

The announcement mentioned furries in a general context, which would mean "anything furry you can think of", and in a universe where the very idea behind furries doesn't exist, an "android furry-shaped being" wouldn't either.

Aaaaah. I see. Is it like how in Kirkman's the Walking Dead Zombies don't actually exist and the concept itself was never created? (FYI for the less informed literally Zombies or any Zombie related pop-culture never happened in the Walking Dead universe. It's why they call them 'Walkers' instead of Zombies).

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - E X O D I T E - 04-10-2016

So no more insane men in furry suits?
Does this mean that the Caw Caw Condor has to be shelved forever?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Jeremy Hunter - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 09:28 PM)aerelm Wrote:

The announcement mentioned furries in a general context, which would mean "anything possibly furry you can think of", and in a universe where the very idea behind furries doesn't exist, an "android furry-shaped being" wouldn't either.

For the sake of clarification:
(04-10-2016, 09:07 PM)aerelm Wrote:
The rule is directed toward furries in general. Wouldn't really matter whether its human furry, AI furry, a Nomad who projects vision of furries in its victims' minds, or even a normal human who uses a drawing of what resembles a furry for their neuralnet communications. Any and all furry fandom materials fall under the same ruling, regardless of how they may be presented.

There goes my nomad Akurra projecting himself as a black and purple dragon of doom to psych people out when he's mind raping them.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - E X O D I T E - 04-10-2016

I heard mind r.ape and came as quickly as I could.