Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Feedback Thread (Archived) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived) (/showthread.php?tid=128086)

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Irwin - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 01:33 AM)Wesker Wrote: @Irwin You sir deserve a medal, you've won discovery

[Image: z6isWOl.jpg]

i've got plenty already

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - GuapMan - 09-05-2016

It's funny how Hannibal got admin because I've even talked to an admin/ex admin about it and it's been stated that he doesn't even understand why Hannibal is admin.
I mean you make an event, then people request you fix things in it, and you do nothing about it. I've been waiting for the event that you put up ages ago to still happen? where is it? what are you going to do make another event and just leave that on its own too?

Look at the event going at the moment, you see how it's lit? LOL, yeah good one.
good admin.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Stygian - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 01:10 AM)Irwin Wrote: You appear to have a loathing for the very concept of the existence of PvP - perhaps that's because your first faction was Phoenix, which of course, was pretty much a non-faction.

I didn't know that. Well color me shocked that you put an ex Omicroner/Pheonix/ZTC/whatever in charge that they're going to act like what we've seen.

Hes just doing whats best for us though. Even though we don't know it. How else we gonna get DIscovery Carelancer 24/7 RP?

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Dane Summers - 09-05-2016

I think the most relevant question now is:

Will the Admin Team Thin Blue Line step in to silence all this criticism, protect Hannibal, perma Irwin, and carry on as if nothing happened? It's already been proven they'll permaban people for less.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - GuapMan - 09-05-2016

Yeah you are right Dane, I mean they've banned people who speak better than Hannibal and have better English.

you are right.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Remnant - 09-05-2016

Quote:If so many people have problems with discovery's administration team, why not elect new ones? Discovery is a democracy right?
I'd be curious to see what you folks would come up with if you were to pick names.
I'll fully admit that if I were to go through the community and pick names, I'd disagree with a lot of the more.. popular people around here if they were to be brought up as candidates.
Do I have bad judgement? Am I on a different wavelength than you folks? Maybe. Who knows.
If you put together a list of GENUINE reasons on why a user shouldn't be in the administration, do be assured that I will give it the attention that it may require. Even if the person brought up is myself.

I'm not going to deal with it if it's made public. Though I will be in contact with those who wrote up the document. My PM box should ensure that it's not forgotten in the player request section.

I'm the guy who doesn't necessarily do my job by the book. (Though my contribution to sanctions has been very little as of late thanks to other concerns in the community)
I will remove threads if you try taking this subject publicly. I'm not going to deal with making the aura of the forums any more negative than it already is. Appearances is something important that we all should consider.
I don't care what format it is. Even be that back and forth google docs or something.

If you really think someone is on the team that shouldn't be there, put something together. Though i'm sure you'll find that most (admittedly not all) decisions and actions that happen with the team, are made by more than just a single person. Only one person actually presents it however. What then? We're not all stepping down. (the discovery administration back-end with inexperienced users? This place is going down in less than a week. That, plus the obvious reasons of why you won't be seeing us all drop away at once)

Well. Food for thought. An ugly subject. Pointing fingers though is just as ugly.

Quote:I think the most relevant question now is:

Will the Admin Team Thin Blue Line step in to silence all this criticism, protect Hannibal, perma Irwin, and carry on as if nothing happened? It's already been proven they'll permaban people for less.

I get irritated eventually. Right now you guys aren't turning things into an ugly mess so i'm pretty content with things right now. This is a step closer to the right direction that should be taken when dealing with this kind of stuff.

If you folks want a personal reason as to why I haven't brought up internal discussions about adding new admins to the fray, is because I don't know of anyone who would do any better.

Point fingers, grumble at me, point out my own weakness, whatever. I have my own issues i'll full admit. - I try to do things properly now and then, though you get a little tired of it when you give it an attempt, and you're shoved under tons of pressure from the people you do volunteer work for.

I suppose i'll end this with a little phrase I always consider whenever i'm dealing with a situation around here.
Does the person i'm talking to treat some people like crap?
And let's not forget the golden rule
Don't be a dick to the people around you. Play nice.

You'll notice that I appear to be talking a lot about myself, and not the team in this post. No, that doesn't mean we're distant. This merely is my take to the big juicy line of bait that's been ticking me off for a solid 4 hours now.

Late edit: I'd like some new Admins. Yeah, things are stacking up as a few posts before this have been grumbling about. I'd love it if things were gotten done quicker. Once I finish up setting up additional server interfaces for some upcoming features, sure i'll be able to deal with them myself. Regretfully if I tried doing both now, i'd burn out faster than how quickly I crash while playing SplitSecond on the PS3.
Where is my teaaaaammmm!? ~League of Legends player.
They're all just busy. A lot of them work. I can't make excuses for them, though I can't really berate them for having to deal with life stuff either.
Again. I don't see any good replacements just yet.
Soon.
Hopefully.

I'm tired.
I'm going to wake up tomorrow and wonder why the heck I made this post.
I'll wing it.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - sindroms - 09-05-2016

Another thing to keep in mind. If this was a different feedback thread involving popular players and faction leaders, I am willing to bet my money that some of the previous posts, if directed at those people, would make people cry faul within moments and the report buttons would be spammed en-mass.

However, in this case the people this thread is directed to cannot do that without it being taken as an excuse for further fanning of flames.

The reason why this thread has received leeway with such responses so far is because it is feedback to the staff. However, if I am not mistaken, the Team can as easily delete this thread as any faction leader can theirs. And I am not sure if either side will benefit from it.

I doubt that simple blind rage and finger pointing and meaningless posts including two-line "ye he sucks lol" attitude is going to change much. I am also inclined to at least hope that the people posting and replying in this thread can actually distinguish legitimate concerns from bait. Or be smart enough not to realize that taking it for the sake of drama is not smart at this point in time.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Vendetta - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 04:58 AM)King Boo Wrote: Words.

PM Sent.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Alley - 09-05-2016

(09-04-2016, 12:42 AM)Stygian Wrote: I’m flying around trading today and see a ton of fighters heading down the lane. I check the player list and see over 100 people on. A good chunk of those in Tau 23. “There must be an event” I think. I check the forums and see the XTF have one planned and a ton of factions are involved. I see they’ll eventually end up in Liberty so I decide to jump on when they get there. Fast forward a little bit, I log my Xeno and head to join the event. I get there and the event is shot. Players Bastilled, beamed around, insults thrown around, etc. Poor behaviour all around. Especially from the the admins.
(reduced the quote, sorry mate!)

I don't pay attention to disco too much anymore but reading the above confuses me greatly.

We already had an XTF event last year and you had no excuse not to know the XTF anniversary event is not really RP and that's largely due to the history of the faction.

The event already happened last year and wasn't shot down. We, last year's admins, even provided a temporary POB in Tau-29 for restocking and the event was administratively overseen ingame by Tunicle, Shinju and myself, which means you still had one person in the team that experienced this event first-hand at the time so there is not really any possible excuse.

What you just did is kill the funniest anniversary event we have on disco and I really fail to understand how what's written in the above quote even happened.

RE: Admin Feedback Thread - Kalhmera - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 07:07 AM)Alley Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 12:42 AM)Stygian Wrote: I’m flying around trading today and see a ton of fighters heading down the lane. I check the player list and see over 100 people on. A good chunk of those in Tau 23. “There must be an event” I think. I check the forums and see the XTF have one planned and a ton of factions are involved. I see they’ll eventually end up in Liberty so I decide to jump on when they get there. Fast forward a little bit, I log my Xeno and head to join the event. I get there and the event is shot. Players Bastilled, beamed around, insults thrown around, etc. Poor behaviour all around. Especially from the the admins.
(reduced the quote, sorry mate!)

I don't pay attention to disco too much anymore but reading the above confuses me greatly.

We already had an XTF event last year and you had no excuse not to know the XTF anniversary event is not really RP and that's largely due to the history of the faction.

The event already happened last year and wasn't shot down. We, last year's admins, even provided a temporary POB in Tau-29 for restocking and the event was administratively overseen ingame by Tunicle, Shinju and myself, which means you still had one person in the team that experienced this event first-hand at the time so there is not really any possible excuse.

What you just did is kill the funniest anniversary event we have on disco and I really fail to understand how what's written in the above quote even happened.

Alley, your the Real MVP....