Discovery Gaming Community
The new server - Donations needed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The new server - Donations needed (/showthread.php?tid=128510)

Pages: 1 2

The new server - Donations needed - Alley - 04-16-2015

Greetings !

As it was said in April's dev news post, we have been hard at work preparing the move to the new server. We have completed most of the work already and now we need to get the machine ready to go in order to move our content on it.

You will notice there is a new pitchin widget on the sidebar and you might wonder why we're not using the current donation money for it. I'll explain why.
We're not only moving the server, we're also reworking the financial aspect.

@Cannon is in charge of the current paypal. Cannon is now pretty busy in his life and we've been looking to find someone to take care of finances with more availability. After lots of discussion, that person will be @Garrett Jax. Many of you already know Garrett. He's our resident dad slapping us whenever we screw up, but he also went through enough in his life to know how to deal with paperwork. Garrett will be assisted by myself and @Blodo.

We've been looking to make the whole process less painful in general and as such we have set up a new paypal account based on the shared server-stuff gmail account we have. This one is a business account declared as non-profit and as such managing it is much easier for all of us. Our current objective is to get the new server up and running before the current two servers expire. Cannon has to draw all the cash from the existing account, close the account then transfer it to our new paypal account, which will take a while. That's why until the money arrives on the new paypal, we need to drop some on the new paypal in order to get things going.

We will be updating the donation related threads shortly. The new PitchIn! widget titled "New Server Initial Funding" is already linked to the new paypal account, which you can reach at discoverygcserver@gmail.com if you do not want to use the pitchin widget.

We will read the emails sent to this gmail, however this gmail account is dedicated to finances and services we use for the server. Emails not related to these will not be answered (unless they're relevant).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here and we'll get back to you.

RE: The new server - Donations needed - Garrett Jax - 04-16-2015

I wish to thank the community ahead of time for your continued support. With the assistance of Alley and Blodo, we can all work together to keep things running smoothly here.

RE: The new server - Donations needed - Mark_Brown - 04-16-2015

Sent £20 hope it helps guys!

Bellck

RE: The new server - Donations needed - Alley - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 05:01 PM)Mark_Brown Wrote: Sent £20 hope it helps guys!

Bellck

Thanks a lot! That's already 44% of what we need to start setting it up.

RE: The new server - Donations needed - Alestone - 04-16-2015

$20.00 US donated

RE: The new server - Donations needed - Remnant - 04-16-2015

Thanks Chance! We really do appreciate it, even $20 goes a really long way in letting us get things to a more stable situation than we have now.

RE: The new server - Donations needed - Alley - 04-16-2015

Well we're ready to go, thanks to an anonymous donation of 65$. You know who you are, thank you!

RE: The new server - Donations needed - Puerto del Sol - 04-19-2015

Sent $20 hope it helps a bit!

RE: The new server - Donations needed - Alley - 04-19-2015

Any bit of money helps. So far we have more than five months covered, thanks!

RE: The new server - Donations needed - FynnMcScrap - 04-20-2015

I would hate to set up a PayPal account,
and would like to know if there is any chance of using EU - internal IBAN transfer or such ?

As far as I checked with my bank there is no extra fee for setting a transfer in EU,
and I would like to set a monthly donation directly to an account named either by PN or openly.

Also, just out of curiosity :
Planning on using any other pre-paid transfer option like playsafe or such ?