Discovery Gaming Community
The 343 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: The 343 (/showthread.php?tid=128737)

Pages: 1 2

The 343 - Wesker - 04-25-2015

So today in conn some people in the 343 were chatting with a sair indie that claimed the 343 were garbage simply because they lacked pvp skills, normally id let something like this just go and obviously not make a whole thread about it, but this is something that has been going on for quite a long time now, yes in the beginning me toris, and char were all not that great at snub pvp we were all doing good RP and getting good feedback for it, me and char have been getting better at snub fighitng and with sol and yao helping weve been even better.

My point behind this is why are people claiming that our faction is garbage because were not a pvp strong faction?! really? if you have such a large problem with us than simply avoid us in general. It doesnt make any sense to me that people would complain about us for sucking at pvp, if you meet a faction out of conn that sucks at pvp, why complain? Just kill them, its that much easier, its annoying to get feedback like "this is such a pvp incapable faction", "you all f***** suck at pvp", " 343 are worthlesss". Well you wanted exiles, you got them, we cant just get too flash/yber level snub skill overnight, and if this is such a huge problem post in our feedback thread stop sending pms over skype and online complaining. Its stupid, char and I are annoyed of it, just because we arent an amazing snub pewing faction doesnt give you the right to just go and say we suck, everyone has to start somewhere, grow up instead of making fun of us, join us and help us get better. Some of us are better at RP some are better at PVP deal with it.

With all this being said, if you have had run-ins with us, what do you have to say? What should we do? Tell me in front of the community what you think.

RE: The 343 - Chuba - 04-25-2015

Eh,as i said in skype have no opinion for you.its fun to go against you and with you so w/e no one is perfect.

RE: The 343 - Char Aznable - 04-25-2015

As 343's leader I'd like to add some things here.

We're always interested in feedback, as well as helping hands or just plain opinions. We got some really interesting stuff going on both within as well as out of the faction, and as already stated, our main purpose is RP.
We're also aware that PvP is a valuable part of Roleplay, and understand the wish for stronger opponents.

To clarify this. What Wesker is trying to say here ist that we know that we're not the best fighters out there. But you don't get a strong PvPer overnight. And you don't get to experience levels that some of the other players here have in 2 months.

At least Wesker and me train every day. We all read PvP-Guides. We all want to get better.

He's in no way complaining about other people being better than us. That's part of the game, we all know that. What he is complaining about is the attitude that some people seem to have towards newbies and/or bad PvPers.
If you want to fight people that are good, help them get better. Give them advice. Fight them and afterwards offer tips. And no. 'Get good' or 'Read the guides' is not a valid option here, it just sounds smug and arrogant.
You learn best when you have teachers, not out of books.

RE: The 343 - Fluffyball - 04-25-2015

I've came across a talk, in which two sides were discussing about PVP and Roleplay, many times. One side claimed that PVP is all that matter on Discovery server, while the other side claimed that Roleplay is the main aspect of the Official server, since the addition of "RP" in the server name.

The main issue of mine is when someone says "PvP is more important than RP".

My question is: why players are so insistful on placing PvP over roleplay, the pewing over sole purpose of the official server which is roleplaying? I'm not saying that they ignore RP completely, but rather make that an excuse to get "blues". Sure, it's a "space shooter" game, but should not roleplay a priority then?

If you want to shoot something up without much "effort" beforehand, go online for Halo, CS or any other game. Or just go to the Conn. But Disco is mainly roleplay entity, so I don't think low-quality RP to justify pure pewfest should ever be taken into consideration on the RP server, which is DiscoveryGC. Poor RP as an excuse for pewing around? These players are surely better than these "I'm pie-rat, 10millionordai" noobs.

It's like playing Paper RPG for fights and stat-grinding only. This might can pleasant for some, but not for everyone. That's missing the whole point of the idea.

You should remind yourself that being on the roleplay server isn't just about getting blues. It's about immersion being 'inside the created world', that's the purpose of true roleplay.

RE: The 343 - Lythrilux - 04-25-2015

Wrong section guys.

Y'know, it's actually pretty funny. Yes, 343 aren't exactly the best at PvP and aren't renowned for such, but they could so easily compensate for their lack of PvP skill by only flying squads of dual missile gunboats or missile VHFs something of a similar sort. Instead they choose not to and play on a more level, possibly even lower, ground where they end up getting rolled by 95% of things that meet them. Every group has the capability to terrorize everyone else, some groups choose not to and it's their choice ultimately.

Outside of PvP I'd say their RP standard is excellent and people complaining that they need to "get good" and the like need to interact with them outside of shooting them before making a concrete opinion.

RE: The 343 - The Liberty Rogues - 04-25-2015

Do not take it too hard.
If the LR- started to take issue with every time people stated that we cannot fly to literally save our lives, we would have given up a long time ago at this point.

As Lyth already pointed out, you should take some sort of pride in it. It would be easy to simply go down that one particular route, where you switch our all of your faction to gunboats and dualnova bombers, but it seems you hold your RP quality on a different level than that and would rather not be associated with such a choice. That alone is admirable.

TL;DR, do not take it personally. If you are bad in fights, what is the worst thing that someone can do to you? Kill you?

We are bad at fights, especially me, because I'm the worst player in 343 at the moment. Yet I must say we became a bit better (or lucky) in downing capitals with bombers, yet we still fail at bigger fights (bomber is the very first target in fights, next to the battleships).

I must admit that I didn't know about something that is shieldrunning. In fact whole issue started with me being in Hayabusa (AU6, Cloak) in Conn. However, shieldrunning (for my taste) is a basic tactic for e.g. bombers, as they fly away from caps, rolling around, trying to save nanos and await for full power to shoot Nova/SNAC in the meantime.

As for Hayabusa, it is kind of logical that Haya's main tactic is to run. I was instructed not to do that in Conn anyway. In fact I brought Hayabusa to Conn only to check around if I am possible to overrun Chimmy by flying around.

On the other hand, it was awkward to do that with Arrow guy (kudos to you), because we have spend like one minute flying circles.

RE: The 343 - Sol - 04-25-2015

By the way...

That sair indie is probably nuts. Because I am the best pvper in this server and I am in 343 now.

Yeah. Let it sink in. Oooooh.

RE: The 343 - Mímir - 04-25-2015

343 is one of my favorite factions on the server.

Sure, some of you suck at PVP but don't we all? You have a super positive attitude towards both your roleplay and your PVP (as noted by Lyth), and with that kind of approach I am sure you'll akk eventually be awesome at shooting stuff too, if you even want that.

I do disagree a bit with Toris though. To me, roleplay and PVP is one and the same - we play a game designed to have factions pitted against each other. It's a game of conflict and battles, and in most cases the realistic encounter between two pilots hostile to one another is pews, and not hours of talking. In fact, I often find super long talks the real "immersion-killer" - who would sit around in a spacecraft all day just to chat up people? There's bars and social venues for that, one would think.

Less talk, more shoot = better roleplay 90 percent of the time IMO.

Mimir, I didn't speak about hostile encounter and chat. I pointed out there are people from whom poor quality roleplay is just reason to go wild and shoot around. Sure, it's "space shooter" game, but it's a way different approach than War Thunder for example. Sure, there's war. Sure, there are hostile encounters, but there are also pirates, traders and law enforcers, smugglers, reporters and financial companies, miners... everything you can dream off (there was even one guy with mobile Inari Shrine who collected willingful donations).

As for hostile encounters itself, sure it's one thing when RM and LN are in one place, or GRN and Council/BAF/Exiles. But there are some conflicts that are to be avoided, looking at very awkward situation between KNF and Exiles (a lot of encounters ended with no single shot fired, since neither side is trigger happy to shoot at your own kind.) The relationship between KNF And 343's Exiles is specific, since both parties are lawful entities with nearly the same origin. Exiles aren't Blood Dragons, who waged war for 500 years. Exiles are still Kusari Naval Forces inside and that respect can still be felt by the new KNF, even though they are enemies.

Not that Kusari itself is very specific, for all players who are more keen to play "Western" factions. Yet we aren't the ones, who go "full Nippon" and "Gaijin baka yaro!", as we are aware not all players might find out Kusari pleasant place to be due to behaviour like this.