Discovery Gaming Community
Nomad technology and distances in Sirius (renamed) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Nomad technology and distances in Sirius (renamed) (/showthread.php?tid=129079)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Nomad technology and distances in Sirius (renamed) - Fluffyball - 05-06-2015

I had that thought right now. Given only handful of factions have access to that kind of technology, shouldn't be ANW more powerful than every weapon used is Sirius and Gallia? Or even more powerful than Codenames itself? Or they serve way different purpose?

Discuss.

RE: Adapted Nomad Weaponry - Stefan_Steinar - 05-06-2015

well i think that only the order and intelligences should be able to use them and they should be made more powerful (lower engeryusage or increase damage)

by now codenames are stronger i believe

RE: Adapted Nomad Weaponry - Fluffyball - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 09:22 AM)Stefan_Steinar Wrote: well i think that only the order and intelligences should be able to use them and they should be made more powerful (lower engeryusage or increase damage)

That's why I pointed out only handful of factions (literally, six not counting Wild) can use Adapted Nomad Weaponry. Why not make that weapon more powerful then?

RE: Adapted Nomad Weaponry - Stefan_Steinar - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 09:29 AM)Toris Gray Wrote:
(05-06-2015, 09:22 AM)Stefan_Steinar Wrote: well i think that only the order and intelligences should be able to use them and they should be made more powerful (lower engeryusage or increase damage)

That's why I pointed out only handful of factions (literally, six not counting Wild) can use Adapted Nomad Weaponry.

right i would love to see power lowered would make the bastet more useful again
the best would be to allow nomad guns for pirates *dreaming*

firerate 3,03 dmg 1300/650
firerate 4 dmg 1000/550

RE: Adapted Nomad Weaponry - TheSauron - 05-06-2015

Gaian weapons can be used by even less factions. Why not make them more powerful?

RE: Adapted Nomad Weaponry - Lythrilux - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 09:31 AM)Stefan_Steinar Wrote:
(05-06-2015, 09:29 AM)Toris Gray Wrote:

That's why I pointed out only handful of factions (literally, six not counting Wild) can use Adapted Nomad Weaponry.

right i would love to see power lowered would make the bastet more useful again
the best would be to allow nomad guns for pirates *dreaming*

firerate 3,03 dmg 1300/650
firerate 4 dmg 1000/550

bastet more useful again? you what?
>implying that the bastet right now is useless

????????????????????????

Nom Adapted Guns just need to be like Codenames. Considerably cheaper, but still very deadly. The downside of them comes in with the fact that they're illegal everywhere. Otherwise, they should be top-tier guns.

RE: Adapted Nomad Weaponry - zslayern - 05-06-2015

There is balance for a reason

RE: Adapted Nomad Weaponry - Fluffyball - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 09:44 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: Nom Adapted Guns just need to be like Codenames. Considerably cheaper, but still very deadly. The downside of them comes in with the fact that they're illegal everywhere. Otherwise, they should be top-tier guns.

Mounting them on anything else than Core, Order, BIS, LSF, KPT and MND gives 10% core by default. That's why they are useless for other factions.

Also, that's not balanced. ANW are actually very bad in PvP.

And about balance, for sake of balance Ashikaga and Takeda/Hatchet are pretty broken right now. In vanillia, they were built for different philosophy of combat, to be more agile and a bit smaller than stuff in other houses. They aren't what they supposed to be, not anymore.

Every house had different philosophy of warfare. Balance made all house militaries look-a-like. It's just my opinion, but this is how things feel like right now.

@TheSauron
It's not about being used by less factions. It's more about, well, it's advanced technology. Not a "common use" weaponry. It's a military, hell, top-secret tech used by very few, that's why they should be a bit more expensive, but should be fixed and pose real threat.

RE: Adapted Nomad Weaponry - t0l - 05-06-2015

considering order ID is pretty much just a sirius-wide terrorist ID i'm going to say no to buffing ANW on the basis that it's used by only five factions or that it's supposed to be some sort of high-tech magic kill wand

the last thing we need is bastets swarming new york killing everyone and going "NEW TOLEDO GGCLOSE" in system chat

RE: Adapted Nomad Weaponry - Remnant - 05-06-2015

Sometimes advanced technology cannot be adapted to a human form of use as efficiently as the old tech. Read the lore PDF. There's mentions in why it's weaker to the point of equaling human weaponry.

If you want a dev opinion, that's another matter. Although inRP, it's feasible as it is.