Discovery Gaming Community
Smugglers Beware! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Smugglers Beware! (/showthread.php?tid=129271)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Smugglers Beware! - mwerte - 05-11-2015

After many years of players requesting a feature like this, thanks to Alley, it is now possible to temporarily deny docking rights to players. The command is /nodock with the player targeted and will deny docking for 120 seconds. An additional /nodock command will deny docking privileges for another 120 seconds.

For the moment, this privilege is extended to the official factions BPA) LPI- and RFP|. This is a 30 day trial. We will be watching.

This perk will become live the next time the server reboots, enjoy.

RE: Smugglers Beware! - jammi - 05-11-2015

Well, here's a development I can actually appreciate. Good job Alley, this is a fantastic addition. Shame there's no KSP.

RE: Smugglers Beware! - Mephistoles - 05-11-2015

A brilliant piece of work and I hope it's not misused.

Oh, quick question. Will this make bases flat out hostile and open fire, or solely deny docking?

RE: Smugglers Beware! - lasttigerkiller - 05-11-2015

That sounds like a very good addition.

RE: Smugglers Beware! - Eugen - 05-11-2015

now thats a good addition as long its not overly missused

RE: Smugglers Beware! - oZoneRanger - 05-11-2015

What is the Range that this works at? Right next to the docking gate? Or, can someone from 14k have a ship targeted and stop that ship from docking when the target ship is say 400 meters out and just about to dock.

RE: Smugglers Beware! - Wildkins - 05-11-2015

(05-11-2015, 09:49 PM)oZoneRanger Wrote: What is the Range that this works at? Right next to the docking gate? Or, can someone from 14k have a ship targeted and stop that ship from docking when the target ship is say 400 meters out and just about to dock.

I would assume that since it says the player has to be targeted, you must be within scanner targeting range, aka less than 10 kilometres.

RE: Smugglers Beware! - Stoner_Steve - 05-11-2015

Is this every station? for instance say I'm a pirate running to a close unlawful station, will the /nodock command affect the unlawful station as well?

RE: Smugglers Beware! - Chuba - 05-11-2015

Its totally not gonna be abused!

RE: Smugglers Beware! - Error - 05-11-2015

Ah, cool! I guess it's time to get to work on some guidelines for us in the LPI- (and the rest of the police factions, of course) for when and how to best (not) use it before the next server restart, then. Thanks for the effort; it'll be interesting to see how this works out! Smile

EDIT: Does this output a message over local chat (like the docking notification) to make it clear who the target is and who's denying the target docking access for logging purposes, and so that the target knows that his/her docking clearance has been revoked? If not, that may be something that you would want to consider implementing to prevent abuse, at least after the thirty-day trial period is over depending on how this works out.

EDIT2: Something like "targetName has been denied docking clearance by userName at timeStamp", I suppose. Can't quite remember how the old docking notification goes.

EDIT3: Eh, better at least hold the speculation and suggestions until I've seen how it actually works in a few hours; sorry. Tongue