Discovery Gaming Community
Suggestion: Production activities buyable in planets. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: Production activities buyable in planets. (/showthread.php?tid=129304)

Pages: 1 2

Suggestion: Production activities buyable in planets. - Piombo65 - 05-12-2015

Suggestion: Production activities buyable in planets.

May It's possible introduce a new possibility in game, as buy a plot of land to start a productive activity that earn a few sirius credits a week.

I explain better:
You may can buy a "plot of land" to begin a productive activity in a planet (NOT stations). Periodically in the planet chosen the terrain should be replenished with the raw materials needed to produce a particular good that is chosen (perhaps through a new code like the one below...)

Code:
/buyplot <commodity> <number>

if the terrain does not have the necessary materials will not produce the goods requested and you will not have money every week. If it is well-stocked produce the goods requested and can be put on sale at a certain price (depending on the economic situation of the planet), perhaps through another command:

Code:
/plot sellcomm <commodity> <price>

Ok! It's better that I give you an example:

In the planet New London I buy 1 plot of land that it can produce tea:

Code:
/buyplot Tea 1

I have to provide periodically of [STUPID EXAMPLE --->] Gaian Wildfire
After a week I receive automatically (or if you want to when I return to New London) the proceeds of the land.
It may see a message like this:

Code:
"Your plot of tea in New London had a revenue of 100.000$" <-ANOTHER STUPID EXAMPLE

The purchase of plots will be available only to the allied planets, not neutral. If the planet become enemy, the land will seized.

what do you think of the proposal although impossible? Smile

RE: Suggestion: Production activities buyable in planets. - jammi - 05-12-2015

I like the sound of this. Reminds me a lot of the commerce system in Mount and Blade.

RE: Suggestion: Production activities buyable in planets. - Piombo65 - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 05:31 PM)jammi Wrote: I like the sound of this. Reminds me a lot of the commerce system in Mount and Blade.

Ah... you have immediately understood where i taken the idea Smile

RE: Suggestion: Production activities buyable in planets. - Pavel - 05-12-2015

"Well, given your relationship with our liege Queen Carina I don't think you'll find many brave enough to sell you land here in New London..."

I like the idea, it'd encourage some sort of constant supply system, if players wanted to keep factories supplied.

Also, farmers could farm!
inb4 LWB Smile

RE: Suggestion: Production activities buyable in planets. - Piombo65 - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 05:41 PM)Pavel Wrote: "Well, given your relationship with our liege Queen Carina I don't think you'll find many brave enough to sell you land here in New London..."

I like the idea, it'd encourage some sort of constant supply system, if players wanted to keep factories supplied.

Also, farmers could farm!
inb4 LWB Smile

I forgot to say that the purchase of the land requires a price. Or more like $ 10 million or less

RE: Suggestion: Production activities buyable in planets. - FynnMcScrap - 05-12-2015

I love the idea ! And it would proove a good income for licences for official factions

Use the "system base" mechanic you use with the PoBs and combine it with the "redirect to Conn" mechanic , perhaps ?

And then let the player build cargo module slots on a planet, but only cargo slots...
you would need a PW / login to acces the cargo spot, and it would be either VERY costly and very small, or would need upkeep like a PoB without the possibillity of an attack but with the possibillity of a FR5 ;-)

Nice, nice....

Alley ? Blodo ?

PLEEEAAASSSEEEE ?

RE: Suggestion: Production activities buyable in planets. - Pavel - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 05:47 PM)Piombo65 Wrote: I forgot to say that the purchase of the land requires a price. Or more like $ 10 million or less

"No, that's not economical for me at the moment"

Ok ok I should stop with that [:
But I like the idea a lot.

(05-12-2015, 05:51 PM)FynnMcScrap Wrote: I love the idea ! And it would proove a good income for licences for official factions

Use the "system base" mechanic you use with the PoBs and combine it with the "redirect to Conn" mechanic , perhaps ?

And then let the player build cargo module slots on a planet, but only cargo slots...
you would need a PW / login to acces the cargo spot, and it would be either VERY costly and very small, or would need upkeep like a PoB without the possibillity of an attack but with the possibillity of a FR5 ;-)

Nice, nice....

Alley ? Blodo ?

PLEEEAAASSSEEEE ?

It can be a good idea too

RE: Suggestion: Production activities buyable in planets. - StarRaven - 05-12-2015

I too agree this is a sound idea, if possible with game
mechanics.....think of all the unused habitable planets,
and you could still build on the certain 'uninhabitable'
ones as well if its just an atmospheric problem, as the
factories would be enclosed....and no fear of being blown
up....gee I like that part....(sun)...I'm sure some risk
would have to be put in place to even it out, but still,
a very, very good idea sir! One of the best ones I have
heard on here yet since I've been playing here!
Just my thoughts....
-StarRaven-

P.S.- Farmers could farm food and computer could 'roll
preverbial dice' to see how much their crops grow each
day, ya know ?

RE: Suggestion: Production activities buyable in planets. - Commander Crucible - 05-12-2015

This is a brilliant idea, now Atleast the farmer's alliance will start getting more active assuming we plan on giving some kind of bonus to certain factions