Discovery Gaming Community
House Law enforcement - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: House Law enforcement (/showthread.php?tid=129606)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

House Law enforcement - Garrett Jax - 05-19-2015

The House Military, Police and Intelligence faction ID's have been reverted to their original form. The Admins have taken community input into consideration and implemented suggestions brought forth by @Blodo, @Teerin and various faction leaders.

The original concept was to allow more freedom for quasilawful and corporation factions to operate without having to suffer negative RP consequences from House governments. However, our first attempt at accomplishing this was admittedly extreme.

This new ruleset should accomplish the same thing with far less impact on how Lawful factions operated as before.

What are the changes and how do they play out in the game?

- Houses have the same authority as before in their Sovereign house systems with regard enforcing laws and levying fines. POB's are subject to House Laws and taxes.

- Houses can enforce RP consequences upon players, factions and non-hostile POBs, in House Controlled space, only if they witness a violation of their house law with an uncloaked ship and a Military, Police or Intelligence ID equipped. Hostile POBs are still subject to attack at any time.

- The same holds true for Houses with regards Outer Regional space. The only difference being that non-hostile POB's can operate with impunity from House laws and House RP consequences. (For example, a player or faction owning a POB in Coronado (Outer House system) cannot be FR'5d or fined for storing contraband or allowing unlawfuls to dock by House governments even if they witness them doing so. This only applies to POB's. Ships can still be fined, attacked or suffer other RP consequences, if they are caught breaking house laws and refuse to pay the fine.)

- Houses cannot enforce negative RP consequences upon players/factions for actions that occur outside their ZOI.

RE: House Law enforcement - jammi - 05-19-2015

Looks neat. I like these changes. Much better than the last lot.

Only one query though - doesn't this mean there are no circumstances whatsoever in which a House military can attack a neutral PoB in the border systems? Laws don't apply, and consequences can't be applied in that region. Diplomatic immunity?

Never mind! Just noticed that regions are newly divided up in the rules. I'm a dope!

RE: House Law enforcement - TheProphet - 05-19-2015

It looks solid, but I'm confused as to the status of Omega-7 and 11. Apparently they're outer omegas, despite lawfuls having bases and massive economic interests in those systems.

I, too, am a derp. I feel that ZoI and the new regional breakups should maybe be clarified a bit more in the OP. To avoid additional derpiness.

RE: House Law enforcement - SpaceTime - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 09:13 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: - Houses cannot enforce negative RP consequences upon players/factions for actions that occur outside their ZOI.

So for example if a lawful faction decides to heavily supply the Hessians in Omega-5, and Rheinland learns about it, they cannot do anything about it? You know, like to tell them to stop and if they refuse to enforce negative RP consequences?

RE: House Law enforcement - WesternPeregrine - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 09:52 PM)SpaceTime Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 09:13 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: - Houses cannot enforce negative RP consequences upon players/factions for actions that occur outside their ZOI.

So for example if a lawful faction decides to heavily supply the Hessians in Omega-5, and Rheinland learns about it, they cannot do anything about it? You know, like to tell them to stop and if they refuse to enforce negative RP consequences?

From reading that situation, Intel from abroad does not constitute enough evidence, and said law enforcement has to try intercept said lawfuls supplying the criminals, or coming back with unlawful contraband, within their own house space, to get the evidence to prosecute said offenders.

RE: House Law enforcement - Blodo - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 09:46 PM)TheProphet Wrote: It looks good, but I'm confused as to the status of Omega-7 and 11. Apparently they're outer omegas, despite lawfuls having bases and massive economic interests in those systems.
Omega-11 is not really controlled by lawfuls though, they only maintain a tenuous grip on it while all kinds of unlawfuls pretty much overrun it. Omega-7 does have strong Rheinland interests, but I guess this was done so that corporate warfare in the system can really take hold.

(05-19-2015, 09:52 PM)SpaceTime Wrote: So for example if a lawful faction decides to heavily supply the Hessians in Omega-5, and Rheinland learns about it, they cannot do anything about it? You know, like to tell them to stop and if they refuse to enforce negative RP consequences?
They can only enforce laws outside of house space if they witness it, and non-police/military/intel sources might be unreliable. We can call it burden of proof. It does I guess pose the question of what should intel factions do though, considering their ZoI is generally larger. Maybe something worth revisiting.

RE: House Law enforcement - Garrett Jax - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 09:52 PM)SpaceTime Wrote:

No house can enforce negative RP consequences toward that 'hypothetical' wink wink, lawful faction in Omega 5 since it lies outside of House ZOI.

RE: House Law enforcement - jammi - 05-19-2015

Ah, well, I think it's time to declare open season on corporate piracy then.

RE: House Law enforcement - SpaceTime - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 09:58 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: No house can enforce negative RP consequences toward that 'hypothetical' wink wink, lawful faction in Omega 5 since it lies outside of House ZOI.

This is not realistic. They should be able to do something in my opinion.

Another issue. X lawful faction pirates Y lawful faction in the Border Worlds. One cannot report the other but it is highly possible that Y faction at some point will start using alts of police/military indies in order to bait X faction and report them. It won't happen instantly but I expect in a month or two some factions will start using alts. So in the long run, the organized factions will protect themselves by their military/police alts and be unwilling to go against other organized factions so indies will be the ones who will mostly suffer from this change.

RE: House Law enforcement - Thyrzul - 05-19-2015

(05-19-2015, 09:58 PM)Blodo Wrote: Omega-11 is not really controlled by lawfuls though, they only maintain a tenuous grip on it while all kinds of unlawfuls pretty much overrun it. Omega-7 does have strong Rheinland interests, but I guess this was done so that corporate warfare in the system can really take hold.

Because it definitely can't happen elsewhere. Oh, look which region has the most amount of red systems:

Quote:ΤΩΣO
House Controlled Space: Omega-3, Tau-29, Tau-44, Orkney (Tau), Rishiri (Tau)
Taus Outer Region: Tau-23, Tau-31, Tau-37, Tau-39, Tau-65, Baffin, Lewis, Roussillon
Omegas Outer Region: Omega-5, Omega-7, Omega-9, Omega-11, Omega-41, Omega-47, Omega-49, Omega-54, Omega-55, Omega-58, Cayman, Saar
Sigmas Outer Region: All Sigma systems, Okinawa
Omicrons Outer Region: All Omicron systems

I'm also curious if a change in diplomacy/reputation is still can be a potential RolePlay consequence. I can foresee accusations of exploit in case a house authority changes their stance toward a faction from neutral to hostile, because that also changes the status of PoBs and opens up possibilities for the house to take action against them. Can such moves still happen if enough inRP reasoning is present to support the change in diplomatic relations?