Discovery Gaming Community
Server downtime: everything dies - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Server downtime: everything dies (/showthread.php?tid=129724)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Server downtime: everything dies - Alley - 05-22-2015

Server will go down at some point today (23th May) to update players with a new DSAce.

The server will be updated with the C++11 based FLHook along with the first batch of C++11 based plugins. POBs, Docking Modules, Nodock and some other features will be re-enabled later as we're going to need live stressing to check if they're behaving correctly.

Server owners: the old dlls are not compatible with the new flhook. Please check the starport repo to update your plugins accordingly.

Edit: This has been reverted in light of the issues it caused, such as dropping out all Windows XP players.

RE: Server downtime: everything dies - Stoner_Steve - 05-23-2015

so PoB's are taking a quick vacation?

RE: Server downtime: everything dies - nOmnomnOm - 05-23-2015

Im interested too if you mean they are gone OR if you mean they just stop eating FWO RA ....
Or do you mean they just dont work and no commands are used?

RE: Server downtime: everything dies - Alley - 05-23-2015

they'll just be completely gone for an undefined amount of time

RE: Server downtime: everything dies - Maskage - 05-23-2015

[Image: 62453356.jpg]

RE: Server downtime: everything dies - Black Jack - 05-23-2015

What? bases will gone???? When? Why? What for? Will they come back? NO! My Palmer Sad((

RE: Server downtime: everything dies - Stefan_Steinar - 05-23-2015

what happens to ship which were docked there?

RE: Server downtime: everything dies - Laura C. - 05-23-2015

(05-23-2015, 09:31 AM)Stefan_Steinar Wrote: what happens to ship which were docked there?
Last time POBs were off you simply undocked in the middle of the system (same like when you undock from POB which was destroyed in the meantime), just 100k under the plane (so safe from any possible sun corona). Flying back is little annoying but no obstacle for playing.

RE: Server downtime: everything dies - Stefan_Steinar - 05-23-2015

(05-23-2015, 09:38 AM)Laura C. Wrote:
(05-23-2015, 09:31 AM)Stefan_Steinar Wrote: what happens to ship which were docked there?
Last time POBs were off you simply undocked in the middle of the system (same like when you undock from POB which was destroyed in the meantime), just 100k under the plane (so safe from any possible sun corona). Flying back is little annoying but no obstacle for playing.

ok i see so i better get out
thanks laura

RE: Server downtime: everything dies - Black Jack - 05-23-2015

Wait couple of hours. I need to come home and take my cash out from there before it's gone.

And what wil happend to all cash if i won't make it? With it's cargo?