Discovery Gaming Community
Goodbye. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Goodbye. (/showthread.php?tid=130143)

Pages: 1 2

Goodbye. - mrliberty90 - 06-02-2015

I can't exactly tell what section this should be in, move accordingly if needed.

I'm quitting Freelancer. After playing since 2006, I'm uninstalling the game and never going to think about it again. This may be considered some form of rage quit, but I can back it up for several reasons.

I've played the game for almost a DECADE, yet I lose EVERY SINGLE player vs player fight. I havn't won ONE without cheating or assistance if it was same class vs same class. After this long, that is probably not a good sign. The reason I'm failing likely is because of advanced movement and controls that the game decided not to start us with (but were ultimately better). I'm used to playing simple, two-dimensional movement games. Call of Duty, Battlefield, yadda yadda. The functions of these games have been nailed into my head, and when trying to play Freelancer, I can't get a grip of advanced movement like drifting, rolling, strafing, all that stuff.

Second reason I'm leaving is because of RP. I hate it. I try to pass it off and enjoy the mod whenever I can, but to me it's just not what the game is about. It's a 3D space shooter, not a role-playing simulator. I get bashed whenever I talk OORP in local chat and people constantly take too seriously. This is supposed to not be a total conversion mod. It doesn't change much to the files, but you certainly change the gameplay too much.

Last, hardware and internet issues. Look, I am a console gaming fellow, and when I get on my cheap $300 laptop, you know I'll get some framerate issues. Like during the Gallia event with Oubli, 10 frames per second on average on the lowest possible settings (with Freelancer on Realtime priority). It's almost impossible to fight in that situation. Internet wise, I already made a thread about this, but I live in the U.S., and console games usually give me less than 70 ping. When that triples to 200 with 15% loss, it's incredibly wack for me to see players constantly teleporting and flinching in the weirdest ways possible, and with the crummy hit detection and lag compensation a 2004 game has, you know I don't have a good time.

That's about it. Admins, I wish for every single post I ever made on this forum to be deleted if possible. You will never see me again, I'm hanging this up in the archive.

RE: Goodbye. - sindroms - 06-02-2015

Did you really need a thread for this?
Leave, if you have to, but do not turn this into a soap.

At the end of the day nobody will remember your name anymore anyway, so it is not like you are excusing yourself or anything.

RE: Goodbye. - pillow - 06-02-2015

Call of Duty and Battlefield are 2D games? That's new.

also yeah was so fun 10/10 bye xdddddddddddd

RE: Goodbye. - Swifty - 06-02-2015

See you in about 2 weeks

RE: Goodbye. - Neonzumi - 06-02-2015

Too many people QQ Rage quiting over being bad in PvP.

Practice makes perfect. |8

RE: Goodbye. - Killer - 06-02-2015

Ooh he speaks seriously,because he is uninstaling the Freelancer. 0.o

Naah,he will be back. I have left for 4times and the last time was few days ago xD

Disco-What have you done to us? xD xD

RE: Goodbye. - Neonzumi - 06-02-2015

"Part of the Ship,Part of the Crew."

RE: Goodbye. - Christensen - 06-02-2015

CAN I HAVE YOUR STUFF ?

RE: Goodbye. - Chuba - 06-02-2015

"OH MY GOD I RAGE QUIT!!!!" comes back two weeks later all fine.

RE: Goodbye. - Yber - 06-02-2015

I can teach you.