Discovery Gaming Community
Can Sprague be made dockable? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Can Sprague be made dockable? (/showthread.php?tid=13043)

Pages: 1 2 3

Can Sprague be made dockable? - Tomtomrawr - 10-14-2008

Hello again everyone, and welcome back to "Another one of Lt Colonel John Sheppard's stupid questions".

Today i am going to ask, can Sprague get a new docking ring, and be brought back. It could have a basic commodity and equipment list, but have some new ships that are coming out (if any are coming out). And if possible it could sell artifacts there for quite cheap, opening up the possibility for some kind of trade route there.

So can planet Sprague be brought back?

Can Sprague be made dockable? - Klaw117 - 10-14-2008

I don't think it should sell artifacts, as the Bretonian government would never allow that. They would probably only let Sprague buy them for a good price, but not too high as that would lead to power trading. As far as I know, Bretonia doesn't have a research station, so we could use Sprague for it.

Can Sprague be made dockable? - Zero755 - 10-14-2008

Selling Artifacts for a low price at its location would become the next daimond niobium run if i remember the local sell values of Artifacts correctly. I really dont see the need for it. It would jsut be another planet to code into the new economy system.

EDIT

Quote:As far as I know, Bretonia doesn't have a research station

Cambridge Research Station. and there is one in Newcastle.

Can Sprague be made dockable? - Bjorn - 10-14-2008

There is huge research station near Cambridge.

And Spraque was bombed by Rheinland, so point is moot.

still, the discovery mod is set 17 years after that happened, they could of at least built a small base on there by then. And good point about the artifacts, it would just turn into the diamond - niobium run all over again, or worse the tau 31 planet harris - battleship durby run.

Can Sprague be made dockable? - Klaw117 - 10-14-2008

' Wrote:Selling Artifacts for a low price at its location would become the next daimond niobium run if i remember the local sell values of Artifacts correctly. I really dont see the need for it. It would jsut be another planet to code into the new economy system.

EDIT
Cambridge Research Station. and there is one in Newcastle.
True, even having them for like 1,500 credits isn't that good. There's still over a 1,000 credit profit from Crete.

I knew I forgot something. Rheinland is the one without a research station.

' Wrote:I knew I forgot something. Rheinland is the one without a research station.

and Sprague is quite close to Rhienland, but it's nearer Bretonia unfortunately.

Can Sprague be made dockable? - jshkornmiller - 10-14-2008

' Wrote:or worse the tau 31 planet harris - battleship durby run.

That was fun. i made so much credits.

Anyway, i think making the planet dockable would be awesome. there would be great RP behind it. As new research on the dom ka'vash (spelling?) takes place Although, i Don't think it should really sell anything unless its artifacts. If there is just a research base there, where would they be getting cosumer goods and such to sell at high amounts to passing traders. But, i'm not promoting the selling of artifacts there either. But if the were sold there, they price should not be cheep. Artifacts sell for what? 300 credits on crete? Then the artifacts should sell for like, 850-900 credits. Making it not to great of a profit from gamma and not much to bother bringing back to manhattan. See, the Researchers could sell the Artifacts for money to fund there research staion there.

Can Sprague be made dockable? - Panzer - 10-14-2008

Sprague... yessss

The rheinlanders have blown the docking ring to bits...

And I think if anyone is to get the planet (Cuz the base rooms are ready and unique for it and Pygar btw) it'll be Zoners this time. Easy snatch since Bretonians don't have the time to tend the useless research site with a war on their hands.

Can Sprague be made dockable? - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 10-14-2008

Yeah, that would be awesome. In another mod, frontierspace, Its called Sprauge Millitary Academy
That would be nice for bretonia, since they dont have a millitary academy such as west point