Discovery Gaming Community
Development Notice: Cloak Disruptors - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Development Notice: Cloak Disruptors (/showthread.php?tid=131129)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Development Notice: Cloak Disruptors - Alley - 06-29-2015

Later today, Cloak Disruptors will become available ingame, but with a twist. A small experiment will be run at the same time.

For the time being, only Core 5 bases will be allowed to build the Cloak Disruptor factory. Core 4 bases will be allowed to build it in two weeks and Core 3 bases in four weeks. We do not plan to allow Core 1 and 2 bases to build this factory. Groups and Factions that worked together and spent a lot of time expanding these bases had little reward until now and our intention is to integrate something akin to progression/unlocks/perks with POBs in different ways.

Unlike for Cloaks, Cloak Disruptors will all require the same amount of materials.
The requirements to build Cloak Disruptors will be the following:

Code:
- 20,000 units of Iridium
- 20,000 units of Reinforced Alloys
- 10,000 units of Energy Field Equipment
- 10,000 units of Super Alloys
- 10,000 units of Tungsten
- 10,000 units of Plasmonic Metamaterials
- 10,000 units of Magnetic Superconductors
- 5,000 units of Cobalt Ore
- 5,000 units of Platinum Ore

The requirements to build the Cloak Disruptors Factory will be:

Code:
- 5,000 Scientists
- 10,000 Robotic Hardware
- 20,000 Optronic Arrays
- 20,000 Quantum Arrays
- 10,000 Bio-Neural Arrays
- 1 Derelict Nomad Artefact

Magnetic Superconductors can be purchased on Pueblo Station in Colorado for 350$ or Planet Nuremberg in Munich for 1500$

A tutorial about Cloak Disruptors themselves will be posted shortly, including all necessary values.

RE: Development Notice: Cloak Disruptors - Highland Laddie - 06-29-2015

In case folks are interesting, I plan to build these on Gateway Shipping's Oceana Shipping Platform (she's Core 5). Any interested parties can make inRP requests. Assistance in gathering materials will be welcome.

RE: Development Notice: Cloak Disruptors - Lythrilux - 06-29-2015

So I had a small idea:
Perhaps the admins could remove the buy point for Iridium in Omicron Delta from Freeport 11, give the Omicron factions some mining bonuses, and make Iridium a proper mining commodity?

By giving it purpose in the creation of these Disruptors, we could end up having an activity hotspot in Omicron Delta in the Iridium field as people will try to mine it to build these. With the commodity being bought straight from the Freeport, it kills any point in mining the commodity.
(and if this is done, could the Iridium sell points be revised a bit to be made more profitable and akin to that of other ores?)

RE: Development Notice: Cloak Disruptors - SpaceTime - 06-29-2015

I approve of both the ability to create more sophisticated factories on higher-level bases and the number of commodities listed. Adding ore in the equation is an intriguing choice as that creates the following situation:
  1. The price of the Cloak Disruptor considerably increases.
  2. It is lucrative to pirate such transports.
  3. It provides a small advantage to bases near the ore locations.

(06-29-2015, 09:52 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: So I had a small idea:
Perhaps the admins could remove the buy point for Iridium in Omicron Delta from Freeport 11, give the Omicron factions some mining bonuses, and make Iridium a proper mining commodity?

I thought Iridium mining is going to be introduced with the Omicron Update?

(06-29-2015, 10:05 PM)SpaceTime Wrote: I thought Iridium mining is going to be introduced with the Omicron Update?

It is, or being re-introduced rather, but there's groundwork to turn it into something worthwhile until then (whenever 'then' actually is).

RE: Development Notice: Cloak Disruptors - SpaceTime - 06-29-2015

Lack of a new big release is probably the most important issue that the mod experiences at this moment. I think that the devs should focus on the Update instead of working on small things, albeit important but still lack the appeal and the attention that a full-fledged Update would give. Anyway, I think I'm going a bit out of topic there Lyth, that's just my $0,02 on Iridium mining being introduced now and not with the Update.

RE: Development Notice: Cloak Disruptors - Swallow - 06-29-2015

Just a little note on Iridium mining: if there are factions who wish to roleplay a creation of a new deep space mining ship (of Hegemon class, honestly, I just don't see Hegemon in deep omicrons, it is wrong), I will make it number one priority to make a model for Omicron update introduction.

(06-29-2015, 10:55 PM)Swallow Wrote: Just a little note on Iridium mining: if there are factions who wish to roleplay a creation of a new deep space mining ship (of Hegemon class, honestly, I just don't see Hegemon in deep omicrons, it is wrong), I will make it number one priority to make a model for Omicron update introduction.
APM will get started on it asap Big Grin (final product would probably be generic though).

RE: Development Notice: Cloak Disruptors - Alley - 06-29-2015

Updated OP with informations related to Magnetic Superconductors

RE: Development Notice: Cloak Disruptors - Alley - 06-30-2015

They can now be built on the server.