Discovery Gaming Community
Member Tempbanned: Mimir - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Member Tempbanned: Mimir (/showthread.php?tid=131883)

Member Tempbanned: Mimir - Dimon - 07-24-2015

Account name: Mimir
Duration: One week
The Rules Wrote:Disobeying Mod/Admin orders.

Comments: You have showed yourself in the [LN] Feedback and after the Moderator Team decided to close it to give you guys a break you decided to show up again. And after we close second thread, you insist to keep on. Now you have one week vacation.

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Member Tempbanned: Mimir - Anaximander - 07-24-2015

I was told that the feedback thread was not meant for this kind of discussion, so I took the logical next step and moved the discussion elsewhere.

Now I am getting a ban for that.

What?

If you'd told me that the forum and community is unfit for that kind of "dangerous" discussion, you could have said so and I would cordially have followed the instructions. Even if you'd done so in sly PM's.

RE: Member Tempbanned: Mimir - Dimon - 07-24-2015

You actually was told that you should stop provoking people at the feedback. For that we closed public Thread and the admin @Alley put a notice in your thread:
(07-24-2015, 02:09 PM)Alley Wrote: Take your brawl with JihadJoe to PM, thanks.
As well you decided to keep on after being told to stop.
And thats not first you have been caught up by doing this so we decided to give one week off in hope that in future you'll pay attention on Mod/Admin warns.

RE: Member Tempbanned: Mimir - Crash - 07-24-2015

Well this was what I was told:

"This is far from what this thread is meant to be used for."

Then I was told:

"Take your brawl with JihadJoe to PM, thanks."

To which I clarified that that was never my intention or desire. Which it isn't or wasn't.

How does that warrant a ban? What rule? When was I told to "stop provoking people", where did I "provoke" people any more than they "provoked" people themselves? How can I "pay attention to a warning" I was never given?

Why do you have to be like this? What purpose does it really serve? Shouldn't you all grow a pair, maybe, and counter arguments with arguments?

RE: Member Tempbanned: Mimir - Mímir - 07-31-2015

"This is far from what this thread is meant to be used for. We're going to lock it for a few hours to allow the temperature to decrease."

Plus Alley's message wasn't in green, it wasn't an order.

Heya, I got a lot of things to say about this farce, but for starters can you - in your own words - describe to me what rule I have broken?

RE: Member Tempbanned: Mimir - Blodo - 07-31-2015

You know which rule you broke because you've been told in the thread not to do what you continued to do. If you've been told to stop and you don't, that's trolling. So just to spell it out, 1.2 No trolling.

End of discussion, and if you continue this on forums in any way, shape or form you will receive another, longer temp ban.

RE: Member Tempbanned: Mimir - Mímir - 07-31-2015

Well I am just trying to help you help me. I need to understand what I did wrong so I can *not* do it again in the future. That should be the whole point to punishment: To correct behaviour. Apparently I "trolled" now, but I find it hard to see that - I suppose we have different definitions, and that's fine although it makes it tricky to relate to. I don't even know if I "trolled" the mods, if I "trolled" Alley, if I "trolled" Joe, if I "trolled" Sarah or if I "trolled" [LN], and whenever I ask I am basicly told to shut up. To be frank, after this I am not even sure I know what "trolling" is.

In the thread, I was told that it wasn't the right place for that discussion, so I opened a new thread. In the future, if I am not to debate a given topic, just tell me not to debate that topic any further. It's difficult reacting to what you mean, when it's different from what you type.

Moreover, the ban was extended to a week for my "forum history". That is a "forum history" I would like to know more of, seeing that to my recollection all I ever received bans for was from posting a bad meme in one of Shaggy's sanction threads and from winding Toris up a bit in a harmless (but childish) fashion, after which I PM'ed him and apologized for getting him into trouble. Does that constitute a problematic forum history, and if so who hasn't got one of those?

Please help me improve, as punishment alone has a very limited pedagogical effect.

EDIT: Not true, I did once receive a ban years ago for saying it was "retarded to sit off plane or cloaked and taunt players in system chat" at a time when the word "retarded" was considered a (and I quote) "hate crime" regardless of what context it is used in. My bad.

EDIT EDIT: I suppose you are worried about the "shitstorm" comment I made to someone else on Skype, hence the threats. I hope the smiley at the end of the line was pasted into your little chat too - I was being sarcastic and over-dramatizing the issue. Sometimes you lot really just need to realize that we're different people, we communicate differently and sometimes you shouldn't be so keen on interpreting everything so negatively when it's said by someone you don't like. Most of what I write is tongue-in-cheek. I'm not the Great Satan, I'm not evil - contrary to what some might believeSmile When in doubt, just ask. Simple as. I would like to know what all of this is about, however.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: All resolved, happy days. I got the feedback I was looking for, thank you for that. I am sorry it had to take up so much of your time, but let's move on and have fun. See ya's in space!

RE: Member Tempbanned: Mimir - Mímir - 08-04-2015

Hi turns out I have a bunch of my ships bastilled from long ago, can I have them un-bastilled?