Discovery Gaming Community
BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined (/showthread.php?tid=133073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Unlucky_Soul - 11-18-2015

Was fiddling around with the bret models, and came up with this:

Concept Carrier

Feedback and comments most welcomed.

Disclaimer
I just made this for fun. In no way it is intended to be included as a replacement of the current Bretonia Carrier or a new ship to Bretonia's Shipline Although If the community wants it, who am i to stop them Wink

Ok here is a new model.

Model 2

Well here goes another one

Model 3

After going through the feedback, i re tweaked the 3rd model and came up with this
Model 4

Came up with another one
Model 5

Did some tweaking.
Model 6

Sorry for the Delay. Well here is a new reworked version. No textures yet. The polycount seems to be on the higher side. Will have to reduce it in case it will not do

Model 7

Made a model from scratch. Based this on a shrimp seeing how Bret ships are shrimp like in aesthetics. Its a bit rough nevertheless Give your feedback

Model 8

Made the model a bit wider and longer. Some aesthetic changes and a chassis/frame to give it a more robust look/feel.

Link to p3d.in

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Nasher440 - 11-18-2015

That looks so much better in my book!

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Mao - 11-18-2015

It has potential to be much better than what we have in-game right now. But the open launching and docking bays are a massive weak spot for your prototype. This is how I'd see it (beware! Ultra-high paint skills!):

http://i.imgur.com/lO2Ku6Q.png

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Corile - 11-18-2015

Reminds me of Reavers from Starcraft.

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Bulldog. - 11-18-2015

Is it just me or does it look like there's a corsair look to it?(Besides some obvious Bretonian hull design)

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Titan* - 11-18-2015

Way more better than old one.

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - mayu20 - 11-18-2015

At this point everything would be better than the ingame one, I like what Mao did there.

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - FallenKnight - 11-18-2015

That ship looks "bretonian" due to its parts being taken from other bretonian ships. It looks nice but not close to a carrier. If you make a bigger hole in front you can turn the model in to "battle cruiser" with heavy forward gun and would look awesome and logical respond against the Valors - like a redesigned Bretonian Destroyers in to a super Destroyers of some sort.

Kit bashing models are nice but originality to build something new comes first. Also what Mao stated as points are legit - the forward hangars are weak spot for a carrier (a reason why the current model have them on its backward side to be protected).

A lot of people are awaiting a replacement model and I am up for it as well. As lead of the carrier project will give u some hints to consider when tweaking the model or making a new one.
The carrier should:
- scream "bretonia" (to look similar and close to what brets have from vanila - to look like an addition to the vanila line in terms of design)
- be with good shape representing a command ship (details to reveal that are multiple bridges, antennas and nice shape if possible similar to other bret caps due to the fact the carriers were build by taking their parts from dunkirk in order to save materials and time to design absolutely fresh model)
- have a lot of place for all this personnel on board (a lot of windows at some "headquarters" areas)
- have a lot of hangars (small and large) - main reason for this carrier to exist was to carry the remaining massive amounts of bretonian challengers (and fighters for cover) so the ship must reveal that doctrine by maintaining at least 2 small and 2 large hangars.

These images below are from Freelancer bonus disk concept art - bretonian early carrier designs. You can get some inspiration from them.
[Image: JvXxWC6.png]
[Image: G14HEJa.png]

That new ship model (post1) is an improvement from the dunkirk mk2 you designed, so keep up the work and don't hesitate to post something new you've done. Smile

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Wesker - 11-18-2015

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yessssssssssssssssss will be so much better, the old model is a tanky slow battleship not even a real carrier.

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Unlucky_Soul - 11-18-2015

Whoa...TBH i didnt expect so many people to like it.

Thanks for the feedback. All your points have been taken to heart and will try and come up with something.