Discovery Gaming Community
BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined (/showthread.php?tid=133073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Swallow - 12-26-2015

It looks like an assault rifle.

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - FallenKnight - 12-26-2015

There are simply too many parts taken from other ships (noticeable in the head/main forward part containing both dessi and kirk armor shells), while the backward part (mid body and engine) are fine. I think we are moving in circles and nothing new is brought on the line. It is like each model is fine but also "same" with slight changes not yet making it distinctive considering the used parts. I am sure you've invested a lot of time in these models but my personal opinion is that something new and fresh should be brought on the line in terms of design (this one is getting "old").

Once you've said you can build a totally new ship from scratch but due to the RP of Bretonia using old ship parts to build the new carrier you were bound to use these old parts. I know I guided you to fix the models but what I had in mind as ideas and the examples I gave you - I was expecting to see fresh new details that are inspired by these "vanila parts" but are new - not cut from old ships and tied together in this way.

So, I recommend you to start from ground zero - by making simple shapes (no textures, no details) just rough, slightly modified shapes that are tied together to form a rough design for an object later modified to the carrier and further improved. Of course be inspired by current bretonian ships but don't use any parts in such obvious way - use some in a way to bring references like "obviously similar engines", some kind of "armor shells" or part of such shells, fish like structure and etc. Prepare for example few - 5-10 and post them together (you can even bring a new thread with Poll). Then the players can vote for which "rough design" is good looking for a promising carrier remodel. Once a certain model is chosen - then you can start making it better by replacing the "rough parts" with new detailed ones, properly done and etc. Do that and I am sure something far more better than the current ones (all models in this thread) will be brought on the line.

(In my free time I can also build a rough model just to represent a Shape for the ship to assist you in this way. Others that have some skill with modding can also try - even if its not so well looking)

@Swallow you are good modder. I know I've asked you before and you refused but - can you try again if you have time to build a simple bretonian carrier model? I would like to see your visions, considering the Bretonian vanila ships, and how would that carrier look like in your eyes. I will say no hints else than "make it look like its scream bretonia".

@Other modders like Swallow, if possible try to assist or build a model - currently we lack diversity in terms of "choice" and that is an issue. I don't mean Unlucky is bad...no...it is just that we are ending with 1 model alone which might not be what most of us would love to fly which might lead us back to remain with what we have - which is something most ppl dislike. So its like a circle where you can't satisfy the needs of the many.
The only way to handle the "bretonian carrier situation" is to have few models (2-3-4) where the players will choose the one that fits best in the current ship line. Thanks for the understanding and I hope some might rise up to assist us.

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Swallow - 12-26-2015

Okay, I will add this to my list.

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Unlucky_Soul - 12-27-2015

Well i guess i should start from scratch Smile

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Anomander - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 05:42 AM)Unlucky_Soul Wrote: Well i guess i should start from scratch Smile

Maybe try something like that?
combined versions of first and the last:
[Image: Bez%20nazwy.png]

since personally I liked the first project the most :]

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Unlucky_Soul - 01-01-2016

Added new model. Check OP

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Skorak - 01-01-2016

To me it looks like a very Bretonian and good looking Transport now. I hope they didn't put a restricition for only 2 transports per house in. This one could work perfectly.

Edit: Also reminds me of the Oddworld Train a bit... although I don't know why. I just took a look at it.

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Thunderer - 01-01-2016

I don't know if it is because it's different or new, but it currently looks quite awesome to me. I think it needs more windows though, and other stuff that make ships look big. It looks more compact than a 2K long carrier should.

PS: If those pipelike things under it are hangar doors, they don't need the narrow necks. Those necks should be wider, otherwise the snubcraft exits look like exhaust exits.

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Skorak - 01-01-2016

Oh. If that were hangars then I guess it is alright. I thought that were supposed to be engines or something.

RE: BAF- Carrier Re-imagined - Unlucky_Soul - 01-02-2016

(01-01-2016, 03:33 PM)Thunderer Wrote: I don't know if it is because it's different or new, but it currently looks quite awesome to me. I think it needs more windows though, and other stuff that make ships look big. It looks more compact than a 2K long carrier should.

PS: If those pipelike things under it are hangar doors, they don't need the narrow necks. Those necks should be wider, otherwise the snubcraft exits look like exhaust exits.

Noted. will be adding more windows and make the necks wider. Also will add a section to make it longer. Thanks for the feed back