Discovery Gaming Community
Orbital Spa and Cruise is getting shafted - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Orbital Spa and Cruise is getting shafted (/showthread.php?tid=133400)

Pages: 1 2 3

Orbital Spa and Cruise is getting shafted - Stoner_Steve - 11-29-2015

Planet Curacao for some strange reason will buy just about any type of passenger commodity, however for some strange reason no one is leaving, with the hundreds of thousands of daily visitors arriving I can only assume they are being ground into paste for Synth Foods

Would it be possible with OSC sudden growth we could have some passengers to trade from our main planet and/or have our routes looked into again to focus on making passenger trade profitable again.

RE: Orbital Spa and Cruise is getting shafted - Croft - 11-29-2015

That would explain why Curacao sells nothing but food and tea, all jokes aside it is pretty strange that almost half the OS&C trade routes have us moving items rather than passengers. It's a bit difficult to RP a cruise ship when your hold is filled with Furs or liquor.

RE: Orbital Spa and Cruise is getting shafted - Munen Musou - 11-29-2015

(11-29-2015, 07:00 PM)Croft Wrote: It's a bit difficult to RP a cruise ship when your hold is filled with Furs or liquor.

Did you consider to ask factions/individuals relevant to passenger "trading" to maybe offer you some extra payment to momentarily "fix" passenger routes or add some new ones temporarily that way until it is actually fixed ingame?

RE: Orbital Spa and Cruise is getting shafted - Corile - 11-29-2015

(11-29-2015, 07:08 PM)Munen Musou Wrote:
(11-29-2015, 07:00 PM)Croft Wrote: It's a bit difficult to RP a cruise ship when your hold is filled with Furs or liquor.

Did you consider to ask factions/individuals relevant to passenger "trading" to maybe offer you some extra payment to momentarily "fix" passenger routes or add some new ones temporarily that way until it is actually fixed ingame?

But as far as I recall this was called for numerous times already and nobody bothered yet.

RE: Orbital Spa and Cruise is getting shafted - Munen Musou - 11-29-2015

(11-29-2015, 07:47 PM)Protégé Wrote:
(11-29-2015, 07:08 PM)Munen Musou Wrote:

But as far as I recall this was called for numerous times already and nobody bothered yet.

Possibly. I didn't follow that. Point is, there surely should be more cohesive and convenient human cargo routes, not only OSC related ones, but also say Prisoners and Refugees. However, until that made it ingame OSC could try to make it more interesting by either offer themselves extra payment to their members for otherwise unviable routes or try to get contracted with other people for that.

Problem is valid and exists, it still isn't changed, my mere suggestion: push the issue, but until it is changed try to fix it where you can yourselves/in cooperation with others.
I don't think anyone would be against working with OSC and providing some help that way to you guys, if it makes sense inrp.

RE: Orbital Spa and Cruise is getting shafted - Croft - 11-30-2015

You'd be surprised by how hard it is to make a full passenger route, so far we've managed to find three, one of which now begins with Tea from Curacao due to the changes and another that takes us all the way to Crete, leaving us with only a single route within House space, Hawaii -> Mackinac -> Hamburg -> Hawaii. The remaining routes, well we're lucky if we pick up passengers twice.

We are quite happy to work with others, as we have done in the past but this problem is at the core of our gameplay, moving passengers is our rasion d'etre, it's what gives us our identity. Without that I can hardly justify asking my members to fork out the quite frankly incredible prices for our liners and yachts. Why should I ask them to pay up at least a third more for lesser ships and in some cases almost three times as much just because they are meant to be "luxury" if we're moving freight 3 times out of 5?

I would much rather keep the character of OS&C but in this case, we need a little help from the powers that be.

RE: Orbital Spa and Cruise is getting shafted - Durandal - 11-30-2015

I'll nag Xoria a bit about it.

RE: Orbital Spa and Cruise is getting shafted - Xoria - 11-30-2015

There is a line of code missing, which I have now fixed. Curacao will have passengers departing again. If you follow the link below, you'll find a tool that shows all of the luxury good and "people" routes available. Instructions for navigating the system are in the text box at the bottom when it loads up. Anything shown in that tool that is not in the game is a bug that should be reported. In the meantime, there are an abundance of other routes, as you'll see below.

https://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/E09AC0EC-E814-534A-40DF-3845EE40A7C7

RE: Orbital Spa and Cruise is getting shafted - Stoner_Steve - 11-30-2015

Fantastic! Many Thanks!

RE: Orbital Spa and Cruise is getting shafted - sasapinjic - 11-30-2015

How about if it is allowed for Liner ships that have OSC ID and IFF are able to carry 2 passenger for 1 cargo space , that can be count as OSC buff , can that can be done ?