Discovery Gaming Community
K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Nomads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=190)
+----- Forum: Slomon K'Hara (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+----- Thread: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back (/showthread.php?tid=134512)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - HuggieSunrise - 01-02-2016

Every year This thread appears... and mysteriously disappears..

Is it magic?

is it..hypocrisy?

Is it that every feedback thread ever made about nomads explode in flames?

Where in the world... is Carmen San Diego..

Let it begin. I promise ill listen.

Honest.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - sindroms - 01-02-2016

Best faction
10/10
Would kill off IDs again.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - nOmnomnOm - 01-02-2016

What happened to the nomad faction that the requirement to join was to show you know how to RP by writing a HUGE story about your nomad? :/
That was part of what mad nomad faction have their members filtered for only the best RPers.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - HuggieSunrise - 01-02-2016

Morph and trial id recruitment will be back soon.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Swallow - 01-02-2016

Nomads are definitely much more active all across the Sirius, it is for the best.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Connor - 01-02-2016

(01-02-2016, 05:24 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: What happened to the nomad faction that the requirement to join was to show you know how to RP by writing a HUGE story about your nomad? :/
That was part of what mad nomad faction have their members filtered for only the best RPers.

That never happened for Khara? You've always had to fly around on a trial ID rping with Khara, learning the language and then taking a test.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Thunderer - 01-02-2016

I think that uncloaking at random defenseless transports, killing them until law enforcement arrives and going somewhere else when it does is lame. It demotivates law enforcement to log in such occasions, it demotivates traders to visit the area because there is no one to defend them, it demotivates pirates from working there because there is no one to rob, and again the law enforcement in other occasions because there are no pirates, and then hostile House forces because they have no one to fight. The only party that is on the rise are the K'Hara, but soon they would find nothing to shoot at and would be forced to cyber with each other.

Edit:
(01-02-2016, 01:55 AM)Pavel Wrote: After taking various feedback suggestions and complaints from the Community, the Admin Team have decided the following:

- Rule 3.1 now applies to K'hara and Indie Nomad IDs.
- Nomads are required to do RP before attacking, uncloaked.
- both respective IDs are being changed to reflect that.
This might actually fix some stuff.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Jansen - 01-02-2016

Your job description says to 'make space dangerous', it seems to me as if you are doing a good job.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - thisDerius - 01-02-2016

It would be cool if you guys like. RP before attacking. It is no fun when something uncloaks on my butt and I almost get killed. Otherwise. RP is awesome.

RE: K'Hara Feeeeeeed back - Jack_Henderson - 01-02-2016

I like active Nomads, an dangerous space.
The large problem is the permacloak.
It is an absolute killer for interaction.

I was witness to two of the New London killing sprees after it seems Khara members got HQ permission to uncloak-engage everything. What it resulted in was a silly slaughter of defenseless ships, and a cloaking away when someone arrived that could actually fight, or a "stay cloaked" if something powerful came around.

This kind of "interaction" left the inferior attack victims unhappy (they had zero chance), the search parties that tried to find and attack the Nomads were disillusioned and logged off (they had zero chance), and the whole encounter just proved that permacloaks are bad. In the end, not even the cloaky-players seemed content (they had zero challenge), I had the impression from the Teamspeak conversation.

I don't know what your policy is at the moment, but if you go on like these 2 days, I am pretty sure not only IDs wil be changed (which is a necessary 1st step - also for other IDs), but also harmful permacloaks are going to vanish.

I'll quote a typical things from an emergency channel:

Quote:[1/1/2016 2:42:29 PM] X: K'Hara|Nergal New London Bretonia 49 0 0 17 minutes, 16 seconds
Kuzunoha'|Aoi New London Bretonia 47 0 0 45 minutes, 10 seconds
Mendez|Aoi New London Bretonia 51 0 0 54 minutes, 17 seconds
[1/1/2016 6:23:28 PM] Y: the sad thing... likely cloaked.
[1/1/2016 6:24:09 PM] Z: i'd stake my house on it
[1/1/2016 6:25:05 PM] Y: if you have them engaged, call
Then I bring something. But hunting permacloaked stuff... is a no-go [...]

I do not think that the permacloak factions should be allowed to decide completely when they want to interact (most likely: when they know they win), and when they avoid interaction easily (when they would lose). No faction should have the tools to dictate the battlefield like this, and - more importantly - reduce interaction in an already difficult situation.

Yes, the Nomad and Wilde cloaks will have to be revisited then. But cloaks need change anyway because there is no use for them that is not somehow bad in the sense of gameplay & interaction, which this game is built around.