Discovery Gaming Community
The razor now... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: The razor now... (/showthread.php?tid=134841)

Pages: 1 2 3

The razor now... - nOmnomnOm - 01-10-2016

... Is horrible.

it takes 1/3 damage from a waran bomber when hit.
it takes like 1/10 or less hull damage from a cau 6 GB ...
it is useless...

Unless someone here knows what this gun is now useful for, i do not see how a gun that is skill-based (I think so?) has such low hit damage potential now?

RE: The razor now... - Triple Hazard Pay Inc. - 01-10-2016

NPC Warans don't exist, so this was PvP.

The Razor's always been like that. I have an AU VIII Fafnir and Razors will chew though it in about three hits.
The Fafnir is a heavily armored ship, and would normally take 2 hits (1 heavily damages it, the other just eats through that last sliver).
The fact that the AU VIII brings the count up to 3 hits max is telling of how good the Razor is.

If anything, you should get in on the "Cerbs are useless now" train.

tl;dr I've spent more time staring down the other ends of Razors than using them, and I think that they're all right for what they do.

Edit: Whoops, wrong account.

RE: The razor now... - Findarato Veneanar - 01-10-2016

The new razor stats make it great for mining and shooting battleships.

RE: The razor now... - nOmnomnOm - 01-10-2016

Hmm. I thought I remembered razors taking out snubs in 1-2 hits...

RE: The razor now... - Titan* - 01-10-2016

old razor was balanced and only 2 razor was kiling the bombers, 1 razor for fighters. Why devs nerf the razor?

Current razor is really useless

RE: The razor now... - Haste - 01-10-2016

I deemed Gunboats having the ability to one-shot a supposed (semi) counter to their class, Bombers, a bit stupid. As such, Razors (if you have two of them) now oneshot VHFs and smaller ships, but not bombers.

As I've said before, it's quite plausible that I'll mildly buff Razors in some way in the future, but I don't think I'm rolling back their burst damage to their previous, Bomber-instakilling levels.

Cerberus GB turrets will already receive a buff of sorts in the next upcoming patch.

RE: The razor now... - Vendetta - 01-10-2016

Because they're not supposed to be a one shot kill for bombers. Gunboats are no longer the do all end all ships in the mod. Thats balance.

RE: The razor now... - nOmnomnOm - 01-12-2016

(01-10-2016, 03:01 PM)Haste Wrote: I deemed Gunboats having the ability to one-shot a supposed (semi) counter to their class, Bombers, a bit stupid. As such, Razors (if you have two of them) now oneshot VHFs and smaller ships, but not bombers.

As I've said before, it's quite plausible that I'll mildly buff Razors in some way in the future, but I don't think I'm rolling back their burst damage to their previous, Bomber-instakilling levels.

Cerberus GB turrets will already receive a buff of sorts in the next upcoming patch.

im just wondering if you get 2 razors and the rest is cerbs then what to use to take down sheilds?
but i guess the aim here is to make the fight longer, yes?

RE: The razor now... - VaaMerc - 01-12-2016

It is useful for pretty fireworks, pretty much it

RE: The razor now... - Thyrzul - 01-12-2016

(01-10-2016, 03:01 PM)Haste Wrote: I deemed Gunboats having the ability to one-shot a supposed (semi) counter to their class, Bombers, a bit stupid. As such, Razors (if you have two of them) now oneshot VHFs and smaller ships, but not bombers.

Up until this point I was under the assumption that Gunboats are mainly anti-snub, and as such they are supposed to have snubs for breakfast, including bombers for snack. Given this I was thinking I should look for their counter among bigger caps, cruisers, battleships, etc., also believing that while among all the snub classes bombers are meant to excel at taking out capital vessels, because of the above Gunboats are an exception from that.

I was apparently wrong. In light of the above quote it would be pretty good to know what is actually balanced against what, because after this revelation I'm not even sure if the rest of my knowledge... or rather, my other assumptions, do hold their basis or not. (Perhaps light fighters will soon be rebalanced with devs having taking out Dreadnoughts in mind, you can never know.)