Discovery Gaming Community
Nightmare on Shetland - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Nightmare on Shetland (/showthread.php?tid=134925)

Pages: 1 2 3

Nightmare on Shetland - DkJericho - 01-12-2016

It was a normal day like most for Security Director Kiko Saguma until she heard about a massive fleet commanded by the Bretonia Armed Forces located in the Newcastle system not to far away from Luxury Liner Shetland. As her job in tales the safety and well being of the employee’s and passengers on any luxury liner she headed over to the Shetland. Upon arrival she made her way to the Security Ward to find out what the current situation was. Her officers reported that it seemed things had calmed down but some strange happens began to occur once three individuals arrived with no identification. Reactor levels began to flux and systems began failing. Kiko reported to her superiors about getting engineering over to Shetland as soon as possible since systems have now failed. Five hours later the problem was resolved but engineering had no clue why this was happening since every part in the reactor was brand new due to recent maintenance.

As soon as Kiko was reporting stating the situation was resolved her Commander came barging in going on about how one of the three men had escaped from the medical ward where they are being held.

Kiko: What do you mean he escaped!

Commander John: I...I’m not sure Ma’am.

Kiko: Nevermind I’m initializing protocol 5 lock this place down I dont want any vessel leaving this Liner you got it!

John: Yes Ma’am!

Computer: Attention! This is a mandatory lockdown. This is not a drill, all personnel are to secure all passenger’s to sector 4. Again this is not a drill.

Kiko: John keep everyone calm and in order.

John: I will Ma’am.

You hear John yelling orders at his officer’s as they begin running down the hall. Kiko slides open her drawer revealing a Class 7 Mk45 sidearm. She picks it up and holster’s it.

Kiko: I never thought I would need this any time soon.

She opens up a transmission revealing a rough but confident man. He turns around to the video screen.

Tyler: Director Saguma how may I help you.

Kiko: Commander Reks, I have begun a protocol 5 situation. I need you to load up and move your squad to the Shetland double time.

RE: Nightmare on Shetland - Oldum - 01-12-2016

Commander Tyler Reks
Reks felt a chill running down his spine. It was that feeling, what he didn't have for a while now. Finally something bigger then scaring pirates and pitty bandits away. This is something big. Being an ex-marine, who got fired for his habit of causeing more colleteral damage than good, now a security force commander of Orbital Spa and Cruise was waiting for an opportunity like this for long.

After shuting the communication console off, he turned around and gazed at what he might need. There were combat knives, guns and all kind of survival and military gear on the shelves and in boxes. After finishing the list of things to gather, he walked out of his room and walked towards the cockpit of his ship. The OSC|Foothold wasn't a warship, what he was used to, just a Serenity transport, but it did the job well. Everyone nod as Reks passed by, noone wanted to disrespect him. They all remembered what happened last time. As he entered the pilots area, grabbed the inner com mic.

- This is Tyler Reks , listen up! We've got a boogie at Shetland, protocol 5. You all know what that means. Grap 15 caches, load the rest of the stuff that was schedueled to the Shetland and we'll move out. You've got 15 minutes. Reks out!

Then he turned to the pilots and without even the slightest sign of humor or doubt, gave them the orders:

-Fire the engines up, plan our course, I want to be there as fast as possible. Set your timer to 15 minutes, once it's up, close all doors and take off. Who ever is late stays here.

-Yes, Sir ! - replied one of the pilots, while the other started the routine takeoff checks.

Reks walked back to his quarter while continously rubbing his fist.

- This is gonna be one hell of a ride.

The OSC|Foothold left exactly after 15 minutes and headed straight to Newcastle. It wasn't a long trip from Curacao, but enough for everyone to suit up and check their equiment. As they arrived to Luxury Liner Shetland, Reks sent a message to the OSC communications HQ.

RE: Nightmare on Shetland - DkJericho - 01-12-2016

As the OSC|Foothold began its approach into bay 3 you see Director Saguma awaiting for Commander Reks. When the vessel is secure the cargo bay slides down with Commander Reks in front, 40 officers at his back in formation. All you hear is the marching of boots as Reks approaches.

Kiko: Commander Reks good to see you so here is the situation, we have an individual somewhere aboard. Since last we spoke things have escalated. The guards in charge of securing the 2 other prisoners were found dead and their weapons taken or missing. As of now we have to presume this is an active shooter or shooter's. The passenger's are locked down in sector 4 safe. I need you to send a team to help my current officer's in securing sector 4. The rest of your team are to find those bastards that took my mens life.

Her face turns stern a look you don't see very often.

Kiko: And Reks.....do whatever it takes.

RE: Nightmare on Shetland - Oldum - 01-13-2016

A bit sadistic smile apeared on Tylers face.

- I was hoping you'll say that Director. We'll take care of this mess, one way or the other.

He turned around took a look at his men, all waiting orders,and felt like back in the days when he was commanding a commando squad. The only thing that was different is the uniform.

-Alright men, listen up! We've got three wiseguys playing gunslinger somewhere onboard. Reims, take Delta squad and secure the civilians in sector 4. Stunners and gas only, if anyone is trying to act tough, knock them out. The less trouble the better. Victor, you and Charlie squad stay here and make sure the cargo is unloaded. Once that's done, leave 4 men here to guard the hangar and contact me for updates. Alpha, Bravo, gear up and on me.

Everyone scrambled to follow their orders, two squads started opening weapon caches and collecting equipment. And there was the commanders personal armory, with a "T. Reks" sign on it, Tyler opended it and took two sidearms a few grenades and the biggest combat knife. Last but not least, he reached deep down and grabbed a quad-barrell bolter gun, which looked more like what they use on gunships or cruisers. Once everyone was done and regrouped, came the briefing:

-Everyone, here's the deal. We've got three targets, minimal info, possibly armed and dangerous. They already killed to guards, so don't expect a friendly welcome. We need to interogate them, but personally, you guys do what you have to. We don't get a premium if they are alive. Clear shots, minimal damage! Like always.

Some people tried hard not to laugh at this, as Commander Reks was well known for causeing mayhem whenever he is in action.

-Shut it Wilson! This ain't no joke. We'll start from here, move towards the bridge first, secure that area and continue searching. Alpha, take point. Time to take out the trash, move out!

RE: Nightmare on Shetland - DkJericho - 01-14-2016

You see the flashing of multiple screens as they sift through every camera aboard the Shetland. Kiko standing straight with her hands behind her back hasn't shifted her eye's as she hunts for any sign of the fugitives.

Kiko: Send me another monitoring team asap. Also give me a report on Tylers progress.

Yes Ma'am! they say as there hand flow freely across the screens.

She catches something out of the corner of her eye.

Kiko:There! Screen 8 back five seconds. There they are sector.......oh God. Reks! Get your men to sector 4 now! They are about to breach the doors to the passenger's.

She thinks to herself where in the hell are the men Reks sent over there.

Kiko:There's no one there were are all the guards!

Kiko: Damnit!

All you see her do is pull out her sidearm and sprint out the door to sector 4.

RE: Nightmare on Shetland - Oldum - 01-14-2016

~ What do you mean breaching the door ? I've sent 10 men there, where are they ?
~*static noise*
- God damnit ... Alpha, move on, keep an eye on things, Bravo, on me, Sector 4!

While running towards Director Saguma and Sector 4, Reks tries to find Delta squad, who were suppose to guard the civilians.

~Reims, come in, this is Reks, where the hell are you guys ?
~*static noise*
~Oh c'mon, are you kidding me ? Every radio is busted on this piece of junk ? Victor, what's your position? Is Charlie on the move?
~Affirmitive Commander, apart from the guards, we are on our way. No sign of Delta yet.
~Roger, keep me posted.
~Screw that .. uhm.. we found Delta. They are on a hallway between Sector 3 and 4 , all alive but knocked out. No sign of firefight.
~Damn it. Leave Doc and two guards there, the rest move towards the civilians. We're almost there.
~Roger, on it.

Reks and Bravo squad arrived to the last corner before the sealed door if Sector 4. They heared a strange noise from around the far side of the corridor, so they took cover and prepared for an ambush once the remains of Charlie arrive. All of the sudden, Kiko Saguma rushed from the far end of the same area, making herself clearly visible to the hostiles, without actually realizing it. Reks had no time to think, fortunaltey his experiences helped a lot, and just like a reflex, he jumped out of cover, grabbing Saguma as she got there and pulled her behind a steel cabinet next to the wall. Fuggitives noticed them immidiately, two of them opened fire the next moment.

- Son of a ... Bravo weapons free, cover fire, now!

Men of Bravo squad rushed to the corner, used every cover they could and started returning fire on their targets. This gave Reks a moment to catch his breath and curse Saguma for the show she put up.

-Are you out of your god damn mind woman? Desperately wanna get killed huh? Just stay down and don't get shot!

With that, Reks turned his attention to the two desperately trying to kill them. One of them was deffinately wearing an Armed Forces pilot uniform, the other was not that visible. Not like he cared much for their clothes, grabbed his sidearms and returned fire.

//please note , "~" is for radio communication , "-" is talk//

RE: Nightmare on Shetland - DkJericho - 01-15-2016

Dazed from being tackled by over a 200 pound man her ears ring only to come to with the sounds of lasers hitting the wall behind her. She turns her head to see Reks dipping in and out from cover popping a few shots off each time.

Kiko: Reks whats the situation?

The roar of the firefight is to loud for him to hear.

She picks up her side arm off the floor, put there by the impact of Reks. Taking a quick look around the corner she notices the men reloading and does a diving roll to the other side of the hall with laser fire flying by soon after. She takes a look across the way at Reks and notices him shaking his head. She gives a grim look at Reks and begins firing off a few shots.

Kiko: Reks! We need to push forward and secure that door!

Reks gives a quick nod and moves out to take a few more shots only to get knocked back with a hit to the shoulder. Slight drip of blood is seen but fortunetly his armor to the brunt of the hit.

Kiko: Reks you okay!?

RE: Nightmare on Shetland - Oldum - 01-15-2016

Reks looked at his shoulder, which not only hurt like hell, but made him as mad as ever. He grabbed a metal tube from his belt, poped the top and took a syringe out of it, filled with medicine and painkillers. It was made for field units to act as first aid, untill medical teams arrive. Fortunately it had a fast effect, but didn't really cool Tylers temper.

- You nasty son of a ... You wanna play with me? Eat this!

With that, Reks grabbed a grenade from equipment sack and threw it right to the feet of the guy who shot him. They noticed the weapon and after a second of hesitation, started to make a run for it. Reks was only hoping the door will hold, otherwise civilians will be in for a nasty surprise, when the explosion blasts the door on them. Suddenly the grenade exploded, knocking some of the OSC security men back, as well as one of the hostiles. the other two managed to get to the next corridor in time.

- Hostile down, Bravo, tie him up. See if he's alive, so Saguma will have something to do apart from being in the way.
- Yes Sir!

Reks put his pistols away, took another look at his shoulder, which was slightly leaking, but nothing serious. His shoulder armour on the other had was pretty much useless anymore, so he just threw it into the corner.

- Sir, looks like he is alive, in pretty bad shape though.
- What did you expect Rollins? I just threw a freaking grenade at him.

- Sir, Charlie squad reporting.
- Was about time you showed up. But I didn't leave anything for you. Go take a look at the civilians.
- Yes Sir!

Then he grabbed for his radio to set a trap up for the runaway targets.

~Alpha, This is Reks, what's the situation over there?
~All creal Sir, no sign of hostile activity.
~Two of the three are heading your way, western corridor, last seen at sector 4. Find a good spot and prepare for an ambush. I'll be joining you once we finish here.
~Understood. Are we weapons free?
~These biatches tried to kill me twice today, do what you want. Grenades work fine against them.
~Got it Sir !

Finally, Reks turned to Director Saguma who was still observing the mess left after the firefight.

- Will this do, Director?

RE: Nightmare on Shetland - DkJericho - 01-16-2016

The room is dark only a dim light is seen over a table with a man handcuffed to a chair. Kiko appears from the dark.

Kiko: Who are you?

?: We are solution your time will end.

Kiko: Say what?

?: Time is ours people is ours we are all.

Kiko: Hey Reks you hearing this? I have no clue what this guys is talking about. What is your name? Why are you wearing an armed forces flight suit?

?: Peace no more all will parrish!

Kiko: Damnit. Reks get in here get this looney to talk.

RE: Nightmare on Shetland - Oldum - 01-18-2016

Reks stepped into the "room" , which was literaly a dark hole on the service deck of the ship. As usually, he was rubbing his right fist and smiling sadistically.

-So we're going to do this the hard way huh? My pleasure. Let's do it like this ... I'll as a question, and you'll have 5 seconds to answer. If I don't like the answer, I'll knock a tooth of yours out. Sooner or later, you'll either talk or you run out ot teeth.
-You shall not intimidate us.
-Oh, I'm gonna love this...

With that, Tyler struck with a huge right blow, knocking the rather strange talking captives head to the left.

-You will not survive the reckogning.

Reks awarded that sentence with a left hook, causeing his boxing bags mouth to faintly bleed.

-You .. no fear ... gathering ... burn.

A strange purpleish glow appeared in the eyes of the now beaten up detainee, then he passed out. Reks stood there for a moment, frozen by what he just saw. Not cause he didn't know or couldn't take what he just so. It was exactly the opposite. He was entirely sure what he saw was a sight he never dreamed nor wanted to see.

-Director, I think we have a problem here. Did you by any chance found anything strange in the guys pockets ? Oh, and I think you should call someone ... ghost busters or something, before things start to get real ugly real fast.