Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's (/showthread.php?tid=135010)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Jayce - 01-21-2016

Why bother? Because I want unlawfuls to go to literally any house other than Liberty. (:

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - RicoValesquez - 01-21-2016

I agree, outlaw outlaws from Liberty!

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - The Savage - 01-21-2016

(01-21-2016, 06:49 PM)Snoozzzer Wrote: That and dockmasters can always be bribed so....

It's a rephack. It returns to red once you undock from the base you bribed.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Lythrilux - 01-21-2016

(01-21-2016, 08:19 PM)FluffReborn Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 06:49 PM)Snoozzzer Wrote: That and dockmasters can always be bribed so....

It's a rephack. It returns to red once you undock from the base you bribed.

It's not. It's literally a forced bribe that can be undone at the earliest convenience.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - The Savage - 01-21-2016

Now that I didn't know. :x

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - NOVA-5 - 01-25-2016

Faction rights don't belong to anyone but those that they're given to.

Get your own bird of prey!

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Strike2569 - 01-27-2016

Ok, unless much has changed. My understanding.

None of the governments like the Junkers! And yet they know and require their services.

The Junkers are needed!~ And for this need are tolerated.. The debris fields are growing, and there is no one to collect them without the Junkers. Junkers are well aware of this to of course.

And it's know that with Junkers there will be, unavoidable issues. The Junkers are given a Quasi real status. Despite being know as "smugglers" and having well known criminal affiliations. But there is no one else that provides the Needed services of the Junkers. This need has created over Centuries, a never-told, but strict rule. A very well acknowledged rule. This rule has always controlled Junker and Government relations. - Don't bother us, and we won't bother you. Again there is a reason this is real and centuries old. And yes it can be fustrating for Law factions to be working for a government that for what ever reason. Has to follow this centuries old Strict, Rule. But it's there.

Yes lawful factions can be aware of un-lawful ships docking. Of course. Just like the same government those Lawful work for know there will be "Issues" having Junkers. And perhaps thats why they are not liked by any government. Junkers don't care Of course. And perhaps the base makes copious amounts of profit off of these ships that land on their base. And the goverment the Lawful factions work for know this well enough to. So the Junkers may take some slack. But they know their needed. And if Governments have no choice. Then it can be a tough necessity for Lawful factions to work around this.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Mephistoles - 01-27-2016

House governments don't need Junkers. Junkers need to stay on good terms with house governments.

If the Junkers become too much of a problem, they can be promptly ejected.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Sylvie557 - 01-27-2016

Not sure why this even came back up, but like I said the lawful factions aren't expecting the Junkers to FR5 every unlawful getting caught docking at a Junker base just that they do some RP to discourage it from continuing to happen and if a group or player does continue to do so after the Junkers tell them off then the possibility of an FR5 against the unlawful that is abusing the Junkers hospitality. Also, like I said before the Junkers inRP should not be happy about about some random OC battleship or Rogue Scylla bringing heat down on their stations so they themselves should already be invested in preventing it from happening inRP.

Yes the Junkers are considered a necessary evil by Lawfuls but that is because they try hard to keep a good balance between helping both lawfuls and unlawfuls and keeping both from getting too annoyed by them not because of some "lore armor". This is just an example of the diplomacy RP that every other faction needs to do as well and is not exclusive to Junkers.

RE: Liberty forcing Junker fr5's - Strike2569 - 01-27-2016

(01-27-2016, 01:15 AM)Mephistoles Wrote: House governments don't need Junkers. Junkers need to stay on good terms with house governments.

If the Junkers become too much of a problem, they can be promptly ejected.

Not Likely. Not sure where that came from but ok. Again I understand it as They are needed. Because its the fundamentals of the Junkers.~ The debris fields are growing, yada yada. And again No government likes them already. If they weren't needed im sure they would be ejected already.

(01-27-2016, 01:22 AM)Loki557 Wrote: Yes the Junkers are considered a necessary evil by Lawfuls but that is because they try hard to keep a good balance between helping both lawfuls and unlawfuls and keeping both from getting too annoyed by them not because of some "lore armor".

I don't picture the Junkers as helpful. Besides an more open base policy. This could just be my perception on it I admit.
"Lore amour". It seems to be what made the Junkers unique. And Lore is a huge part of Discovery Freelancer. And what makes entire factions unique from one another. To discredit it seems to water down what makes them all Unique.

But yes there is a need to Rp in finding a resolution, But I have a feeling and get the impression. That dosent fit on or was tried at least. Hence this thread.

Also I dont recall Any "Junker law" On ships running to a Junker base. Only on Cobweb class bases having that rule. (Lore from when you speak to bar patrons inside of them.) I only mention this because it has come up often.

We all picture Junkers as an entity without a lot of power. But If the Lore has a basis at all. Then again there is a reason Centuries of you don't mess with me and I don't mess with you actually exist. I wouldnt suggest tossing it away to suit any one situation. The world is less generic this way.

Im only suggesting that if ""Junkers are considered a necessary evil."" Then perhaps that in itself is the RP. And that it doesn't force Junkers to "Break character" and start tattle tailing for the man. After all. "Those ships" bring in a lot of creds.