Discovery Gaming Community
[Infopage] Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: [Infopage] Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=135495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - DarkTails - 08-23-2018

The issue with this is, it falls under the same thing of 'boarding PoBs and discovery they sell contraband, thus being sieged down' issue that was present back in my time in 5th, was told that's a giant no no. During that scenario, if my memory is correct, we knew a PoB was housing contraband but was housed in Galileo, a independent system bordering Liberty. It was said, unless something changed between then and now, it cannot be attacked and sieged because of it's location. It was known to be carrying contraband and even had fleeing criminals docking on it within range, however no Navy faction touched it because it was in independent space and not red.

It was suggested that the station is boarded and searched for contraband, but I was told, that, for stations even in the heart of Liberty, that type of RP was rejected from being used as base siege rp. Unless something of that caliber changed, which afaik it hasn't, that type of infiltration RP would still be denied.

Now onto the rule clarification. The rule clarification was made to ensure ID's that have no direct attack rules, such as Freelancers, cannot simply bounty a base themselves then attack it. Attacking a base must make sense as if you were attacking a ship. This does not become tantamount to "well, they can shoot x, so they can shoot the base" as it comes back to proving the base belongs to x. Using this past experience and applying it to the situation at hand, being in a independent system and no explicit way to actually tell the base is an enemy aside from a stray shot hitting it and the base shooting back, there's no inRP way to siege the base down. To my knowledge nothing changed regarding this type from the last time I encountered an issue like this on the opposite side, but nothing could be done about it.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Evo - 08-23-2018

If it's not blocking interaction anymore I don't really have an issue with it. If it's still shooting at us to block our interaction and not LN because they can blow it up, that's loophole as hell to prevent them from shooting it imo.

Interaction blocking POBs have always been and always will be complete cancer.

We lobbed novas at ships hiding in the weapons platforms that wouldn't come out maybe 5 times before it got boring.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Karlotta - 08-23-2018

I think there is some admin green text somewhere that says IRP people cant see commodities sold on the base. I'll try to find it, hold on.

(08-23-2018, 01:46 AM)Saronsen Wrote: IF IT WALKS LIKE A SEPARATIST, TALKS LIKE A SEPARATIST, IS STAFFED AND OWNED BY SEPARATISTS--

If you can't somehow prove those stations belong to the Separatists after this long, after them clearly operating from it just because 'ITS NEUTRAL TO EVERYONE XDDDDDD' , there is a serious fucking major issue with the rules.

Absolutely disgusting.

Don't be ridiculous. Everything about POBs rules is fine. Stop berate glorious discovery team, it shows you're a bad person.

EDIT:

Here, got it by navigating these two links:
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=133981&pid=1761076#pid1761076
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=117008&pid=1761072#pid1761072

Yeah. No one here knew this stuff existed, or that is was rules or something.

However, anyone who criticizes the forum layout and says it could be imprved and streamlined is also a bad person. Just so everyone knows.

If the base was shooting you on sight, then it should be said to me. The base is supposed to be entirely neutral and not shoot of it's own accord.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Saronsen - 08-23-2018

The platforms are gone now so it won't have the whole 'murder everyone because Separatists are hugging it hoping you shoot it' issue anymore.

But if there's something in the rules that's allowing Harmony to loophole it and what seems to be by admission, doing so then it needs to be sorted, somewhere.

I'll step out now since I don't have anything else to offer.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Evo - 08-23-2018

(08-23-2018, 01:58 AM)Saronsen Wrote: The platforms are gone now so it won't have the whole 'murder everyone because Separatists are hugging it hoping you shoot it' issue anymore.

Yeah, I don't really care then as a party that wouldn't be able to blow it up anyway.

(08-23-2018, 01:57 AM)DarkTails Wrote: If the base was shooting you on sight, then it should be said to me. The base is supposed to be entirely neutral and not shoot of it's own accord.

Considering we lobbed novas at your flagship until it docked to avoid dying, I figured y'all were aware of it and didn't mind using it like that at the time. Clearly that's changed, but that's why I didn't raise the issue.

As a clarification for those going about this.

The logic by which I'm applying to this, is the same logic that was given to me during my time in an official faction, and haven't before now seen anything to challenge that logic. I'm using the examples and reasoning given to me by others on their interpretation of this type of situation and applying it to this situation. If any faction truly wants to find a way to siege it that is seen as acceptable by the requirements and isn't ruled against, feel free. I'll redeploy the guns and stand ready to shoot back.

As such, this one is a rather important reminder.

If you think something about my interpretation is wrong, This is what I've been given to understand for little over a year. Paired with past experience on the opposite end, this is what I have been told to understand for the future regarding similar situations. The explanation given to you is what was given to me to understand. If you wish to talk with me personally about it, reach to me on Discord. This has drawn on far too long and clear it's becoming too heated to continue here.

Color to draw attention to the important bit.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - McNeo - 08-23-2018

At no point did I suggest anybody board a POB and discover it sells contraband. If that was ever a thing, that's stupid because for a good while, Manhattan was a buy and sell point for Cardamine. Might still be if I could be bothered to check. So we can agree on that, but I don't see how it's relevant to this case. If it was relevant at some point, then I can see why such a ruling was made about boarding POBs - however, where this particular POB of which you speak was located, shouldn't be a factor. It's unreasonable to make a judgement about bases depending on what they buy or sell no matter where they are, or the whole of Manhattan is a drug den.

Besides that, I can see plenty of ways that your base could be proved to be hostile to Liberty. As I said, they don't need to prove ownership, all they need to prove is that the base is counterproductive to their aims. The two easiest ways for this to happen is somebody docking on it while being chased by the Forces of Liberty, or someone hostile to Liberty base-hugging it. Doesn't really matter whether its Unioners, Harmony or even a trader docking on it with a hold full of contraband while being chased by Forces of Liberty. If the current iteration of the Liberty Laws base licencing legislation applies to the independent worlds, then the base is automatically liable for a siege declaration whenever they want to write one, following notice to the base owners that they will need to pay a fee or be subject to the siege.

That's what I find so funny about the discussion you were having about who base-hugged against who. It really doesn't matter, if 5th, [LN] or anybody really were an active participant, they'd have all the ingame evidence and cassus belli they needed to lay down a siege notice and begin a siege.

But what are you worrying about? They haven't been bothered to do it so far.

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Kaze - 08-23-2018

To be honest, this feedback discussion is rather mild considering the situation, so I do not see the need to actually shift this discussion from here to pm discord.

And about the pob, it's position and where their guns are at it now. Who says they will not be shooting the place and everything apart from Separatists tomorrow?

I do remember LIS shooting LSF because it was 'fun'.

<3

RE: Battlegroup Harmony - Information and Feedback - Inferno - 08-23-2018

I'm going to stop this here. Everyone go get a sandwich break, come back in a few hours.