Discovery Gaming Community
Shield generator module - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Shield generator module (/showthread.php?tid=136512)

Pages: 1 2

Shield generator module - Epo - 02-27-2016

What I'm speaking about is an defensive module for big caps. As follows:

- Special shield module used by BSs only
- Effect like one used on POBs
- Consumes both friendly and hostile damage
- Using special batteries like cloaks
- Nerfing energy to 20% when activated
- Produced on POBs
- Mountable on CM
- Batteries let it last up to minute (?) but this shield is good for consuming kinda big amounts of damage
- Usage kinda like umbrella both for owner and owner's allies

And additional boost could be giving it possibility to consume LARGE amounts of damage, but forcing ship to be immobilised or at least having its cruise disabled?

Discuss.

RE: Shield generator module - Skorak - 02-27-2016

Is an additional shield sphere even possible?

RE: Shield generator module - Epo - 02-27-2016

(02-27-2016, 08:01 PM)Skorak Wrote: Is an additional shield sphere even possible?

No idea, but considered the BS to be immobilised, it could work. However I doubt it will work as mobile thing. If adding this toy is possible, it would give its allies an massive helpful hand, due to the shield around. However as con it would make the BS dead most likely due to it's power nerfed. Enemies would only have to come closer and unleash hell once shield is down. However it could buy time for allies to retreat.

I would be actually happy if I could immobilise my BS just like that... to position it in orbits without getting bumped all the time.

But that is another topic. I just don't really believe that we can just create a sphere around the battleship that eats projectiles.

(02-27-2016, 08:05 PM)Skorak Wrote: I would be actually happy if I could immobilise my BS just like that... to position it in orbits without getting bumped all the time.

But that is another topic. I just don't really believe that we can just create a sphere around the battleship that eats projectiles.

I have no idea how pob's shield works, but the only hope is to throw something based on it and activated by /shield command or so.

RE: Shield generator module - sindroms - 02-27-2016

I very doubt this would be possible.
A FLHook that ticks for X seconds and adds Y shield batteries is more plausible.

(02-27-2016, 08:09 PM)Epo Wrote: I have no idea how pob's shield works, but the only hope is to throw something based on it and activated by /shield command or so.
The pob shield is just an effect. You can still shoot through the shield bubble.

Maybe somehow forcing your normal shields to be active would work? But if so, it would need your bats to be added like @sindroms told. And if I'm lucky enough it would lag fl to death and crash...

RE: Shield generator module - Connor - 02-27-2016

(02-27-2016, 08:01 PM)Skorak Wrote: Is an additional shield sphere even possible?

You could just make it as a brand new shield that gives extra shields in replace of your current shield.

Yeah but that is not exactly what Epo suggested. He wants a big bubble around the ship in which other ships can find shelter even.