Discovery Gaming Community
to: CR | from: Outer Rim University (Archeology department) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: to: CR | from: Outer Rim University (Archeology department) (/showthread.php?tid=137715)

to: CR | from: Outer Rim University (Archeology department) - HassLHoFF™ - 04-04-2016

[Image: cyJUv4t.png]

Indentification: Dr. Wes Valdon
Recipient: Crayter Republic
Subject: Omicron Lost

Good day,

my name is Dr. Wes Valdon, head of the archeology department of the Outer Rim University. Information about our institution are available here.
Due to a proposal from the Core that you can review here, our attention has been triggered from a document of our library relating of a mentioned outpost from your faction, alien activity and foreign runes at the planet surface. I have to admit, I don't trust the Core, anything I trust are facts and our facts, the documents accredit Omicron lost a very hostile environment. Therefore my first question is, can you confirm our facts? My second and third question are, do you have documents about Omicron lost and are you probably willing to share these with us? My fourth question is, are you still active in this region? If yes, our archeology department is currently preparing an excavation at planet Moros, a permission, even assistance or support would be very helpful.

Respectfully
[Image: KjB4P8U.png]

RE: to: CR | from: Outer Rim University (Archeology department) - Johnathan Nox Carter - 04-04-2016

[Image: OxGBezx.png]
Mister Valdon,

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, as I will be the representative of the Crayter Republic in this matter. You'll have to excuse me, however, since I shall only introduce myself as "Sentinel".

To answer your queries, one by one...
Yes - the remnant station found within the system known as Omicron Lost is of Crayterian origin.
And yes - the system is quite dangerous. I can only say that there are plenty of threats to be found in it, but their nature depends on who tries to enter it; a good example would be the presence of Nomads - creatures which I hope you know of.
Regarding information about Omicron Lost, I'm afraid there isn't much - since the system itself is rather barren and devoid of resources, so it doesn't contain any large amounts of elements worthy of documentation. The only notable "object" would be Planet Moros, which we did survey and we could lend you a transcript of our findings, or almost lack of to be truthful.
As for your last question - I cannot fully respond for now. Yet, I have to ask: should any kind of agreement or joint operation be commenced between us and your people, how would the Republic benefit from aiding you?

I eagerly await for your reply.

Sentinel, signing off.

RE: to: CR | from: Outer Rim University (Archeology department) - HassLHoFF™ - 04-04-2016

Good day Mr. Sentinel,

of course, we are aware of Nomad's presence and also already had the "pleasure" to meet them or let me allow calling it, they had met our University, with their weapons.
Even just a few new information about planet Moros might be useful, we would appreciate a sharing in privacy.

We are teachers, we are researchers, engineers and scientists. Providing benefits in regards of military, trade or supply aren't options. Not only that we can't, caused by the lack of capacity, but also because our codex clearly permits uncontrolled military support. Anything we are able to provide is to get use of our profession in education and knowledge aside from the access to probably one of or even the best network of R&D in Sirius. I have to admit, I am currently not sure having proper knowledge about your agenda. What kind of benefit do you expect?

Respectfully

RE: to: CR | from: Outer Rim University (Archeology department) - Johnathan Nox Carter - 04-04-2016

[Image: OxGBezx.png]
A swift response, I see.

Perhaps I appeared too cryptic in my earlier message and I apologise. It's only that I myself am part of the Republic's knowledge-oriented department.
When i mentioned a benefit for the Republic, I did consider your nature as a scientific institute and I merely suggested sharing whatever finds your men may discover through your archaeological endeavours.

As for the information with regard to Moros, perhaps we can arrange a meeting. I would be more than happy to bring you the before mentioned transcript. Let me know what you'd prefer and maybe we can also discuss our secondary issue as well - about mutual benefits.

Sentinel, out.

RE: to: CR | from: Outer Rim University (Archeology department) - HassLHoFF™ - 04-04-2016

Still good day Mr. Sentinel,

if you are part of a knowledge department then the Outer Rim University usually is and should be the first address to contact. A meeting might be the best way of expressing mutual interests. Hereby I invite you to visit our university in Omicron-74.

Respectfully