Discovery Gaming Community
How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID (/showthread.php?tid=138436)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Lythrilux - 04-23-2016

I had a brainwave.

Bounty hunting. It's stagnant. It's stale. It's tedious. It's repettitive. What we need is arguably a way to streamline the entire bounty hunting process.

So a while back Alley was trying to get the automated bounty hunting plugin working, unfortunately iirc she ran into a problem whereby it wouldn't correctly draw cash from the bounty issuer and give it to the Hunter. So in conclusion, it means this plugin is a bust and we can't use it.

So instead, what we have is an endless and invisible event run via the event plugin running in the background that acts as a pseudo automated bounty hunting plugin. Every time a BHG ID'd player kills an unlawful ID'd player, the server automatically sends them (i.e) 5,000,000 credits for the kill. If they want to take their kill onto the forums, they can post in one of the existing Bounty Boards to make further cash.

The end product is essentially an Admin-run service creating automated bounty hunting gameplay with zero paperwork, good pay and that still encourages forum roleplay for those who want to take the kill further. The Admin-run service could be another incarnation of MercNet (it should have a more specific name in regards to the BHG ID though, like GuildNet or whatever), and we would state that the automated bounties are issued anonymously (le big conspiracy could be 'The Admins' are secretly behind the bounties???).

tl;dr
We run an invisible and endless event: BHG ID'd players versus every unlawful ID. Each time a BHG ID kills an unlawful ID, they get a set number of credits (i.e 5,000,000) for the kill. Ta-da! Automated bounty hunting!

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Alley - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 02:39 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: So a while back Alley was trying to get the automated bounty hunting plugin working, unfortunately iirc she ran into a problem whereby it wouldn't correctly draw cash from the bounty issuer and give it to the Hunter. So in conclusion, it means this plugin is a bust and we can't use it.

There might have been a misunderstanding somewhere along the line, or I explained myself poorly, but that isn't an issue. The issue I faced is the impossibility to get an NPC's killer for the event plugin. For player vs player, there is no issue.

The problem for the bounty hunting plugin is solving the intercommunication dilemma.

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Lythrilux - 04-23-2016

Oh so it does work for PvP then? Could we implement it?

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Unlucky_Soul - 04-23-2016

Who defines who's unlawful or not? For eg. The Order, could they be considered lawful or unlawful? Junkers?

Its a nice idea tho

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - sindroms - 04-23-2016

Speaking as an unlawful player, especially one who used to fly tagged unlawfuls, having a BHG log in every time I undock APART from the usual lawful ships hunting you down was a good initiative not to log that character at all.

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Hannibal - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 02:39 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: unfortunately iirc she ran into a problem whereby it wouldn't correctly draw cash from the bounty issuer and give it to the Hunter.
maybe because she only tried to get the money after the bounty was collected? why not take the money when the bounty was placed/player still online and store it in a variable of the sorts..

(04-23-2016, 02:39 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: So instead, what we have is an endless and invisible event run via the event plugin running in the background that acts as a pseudo automated bounty hunting plugin. Every time a BHG ID'd player kills an unlawful ID'd player, the server automatically sends them (i.e) 5,000,000 credits for the kill. If they want to take their kill onto the forums, they can post in one of the existing Bounty Boards to make further cash.
generating that amount out of a thin air its not a good idea and will never be implemented,we need more money sink not giving us money for free

and then there's the problem that some unalawful in some house are not in other,not even mentioning how easy is to exploit and how much effort will take from admins to track and clean the mess that this will eventually generate..

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Alley - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 02:44 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Oh so it does work for PvP then? Could we implement it?

I never said it works either, otherwise it'd already be in place.

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Croft - 04-23-2016

A good idea but this opens up a lot of potential abuse for the system, two people could easily earn insane amounts of money by letting one BHG ID'd ship blow up a Pirate ID'd ship over and over. There would need to be some kind of limit put in place per person per day to prevent it, say 10 kills? 50 million a day, not counting bounty boards seems respectable.

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Sombs - 04-23-2016

Order is unlawful inRP, they are still considered terrorists inhouse. Also, bounty-cooldown of 2 hours and max 5 per day.

RE: How to save Bounty Hunting on the BHG ID - Sombs - 04-23-2016

Maybe the bounty plugin can adapt [Your ID]'s hostile factions to see if bounty or not.