Discovery Gaming Community
To:The Solar Runners | From: IRG - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To:The Solar Runners | From: IRG (/showthread.php?tid=138459)

To:The Solar Runners | From: IRG - Arioch - 04-24-2016

[Image: ZFE4gFw.gif]

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 5 :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Finn McCool :-_-_-_-_-

Good evening -

While the materials for the rebuild have gone without a hitch, we've been busy examining possible designs for the "Ares", that is if you wish t' still keep the old name. Personally, this being a brand new vessel t' serve as your flagship and housing majority of the Runners, a new name would serve better.

Regardless, your call of course. As mentioned, we've been looking over designs, and each time we keep coming back t' the oldest and most ancient of Zoner designs - the design that the Ares was derived from, as well as the Ingenuus. Larger than the Nephilim class, and the design capable of supporting what is required for the Runner's flagship. Granted, this will just be a shell, and the interior and internal systems will have t' be built from the ground up, but it should be relatively easy t' adapt the Nephilim's power grid and systems for this vessel. I've taken the liberty of providing schematics below.

Should this design be acceptable, we will begin cost analysis, provide you with an estimated amount for construction, and will begin shortly thereafter, should we get the go-ahead from the Runners.

Oh, and Joe - It'd be a pleasure.

Finn McCool
Ingenuus Research Group

RE: To:The Solar Runners | From: IRG - AlphaWolf215 - 04-25-2016

[Image: zyaGIN1.png]

Finn

I'd like to start with my offer. I'm glad you've taken me up on it, Councilman McCool. We'll ensure you have access to things relevant to you as a member of the Council now. Also means this decision is as much yours as it is ours.

I think you've made a fair shout here Finn, in fact I can't really fault your decision. The design does appear to fit all our needs, and with the internals to be decided by us completely, it allows us to customise the design to act at optimal efficiency for the various tasks and duties the vessel has to perform. I, personally, approve of the redesign, and will help in any way I can with reducing costs.

Now, the name. I had been thinking that we should give the vessel a new name. It'll effectively be a new ship after all, and Ares doesn't really fit as well as I'd like, not anymore at least. Do you have anything in mind Finn? I was thinking maybe the "Hephaestus"? As I said, this is your decision too. You get just as much a vote as I do.

Thanks for your help Finn, we're glad to have your voice at our table.

All the best,

Senior Councilman Joseph Wolf
Secretary of Fleets & Diplomatic Affairs
Solar Runner Council

RE: To:The Solar Runners | From: IRG - Arioch - 04-26-2016

[Image: ZFE4gFw.gif]

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 5 :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Finn McCool :-_-_-_-_-

Hey there Joe -

I appreciate the thoughtfulness. I look forward t' working with the Runners and helping you and them succeed in all your endeavors. Of course, I view position as a "non-executive" or NXD councilmen position, and plan on only acting in advisory capacity. Running a company such as the IRG is already quite the handful, and would hate t' set expectations only t' disappoint.

Regarding the new vessel - we've looked at costs, and while the materials provided have already been purchased, as well as many systems and such can be used from the soon-t'-be-deconstructed Ares, we are looking at around 300.000.000c for labor as well as designing and implementing internal systems, including utilizing one of our prototype cores. Should we finish sooner than anticipated as well as left over materials, the cost will decrease. We'll have a final number once we are nearing completion.

I will keep you up t' date on the progress, and will have a bottle ready for it's christening.

Finn McCool
Ingenuus Research Group